i can come up with tons of guitar riffs but when it comes to putting them together to form a song none of them seem to fit with each other. anyone have any idea's maybe a lesson i can look at or something?
you can't just paste parts together and hope they fit.

you'll have to just start from day one, learning other peoples' music, music theory from either a book or musictheory.net or something, and eventually how to legitimately analyze what you're doing to make good music.

or you could just keep going blindly and get lucky. honestly, both work, but on the long-term you'll probably be a lot happier with yourself learning what you're doing, but it's all means to an end.
Quote by Kevätuhri
Hail isn't too edgy for posts, posts are not edgy enough for Hail.

Quote by UseYourThumb
You win. I'm done here.
Quote by blacktoothRev
i can come up with tons of guitar riffs but when it comes to putting them together to form a song none of them seem to fit with each other. anyone have any idea's maybe a lesson i can look at or something?
You know, neither can I. I've always just accepted the fact it's because I have almost no talent. You'll have to get your own excuse, that one's taken.
Learn how other people use melodies, you don't need more than one melody to make a song. More is less, less is better.
A damned good song has some kind of meaning. What's the song trying to say? This should point the songwriting (both lyrics and notation) in the right direction.
Something I didn't notice others mentioning is that when you're writing riffs, say you have a riff that you want a song to be based on/around. The other riffs should more or less be in the same tempo and key.
Take one riff and then vary it for other parts of your song. Think about modulation and other compositional devices.
Woffelz

Twitter
Youtube
Tumblr

Ibanez RG2550Z/SRX430
Alesis Core 1
BIAS FX

I'm a student. I've got no time or space for an amp!