I found one with a seymour duncan invader pickup for $199. wondering what you guys think about it for a spare guitar? im still in the beginner stages but I wanted to grab another cheap used guitar. for seperate tunings. but im open to any other ideas for $200 used..i play mostly metal of course..

EDIT... I also found a ltd viper-400 for $199. just looking around for a cheaper used budget guitar. thanks.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Squier Classic Vibe 1970s Precision Bass
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 4, 2012,
BTW im also ordering a used vypyr tube 60 pretty soon, so that will take care of the amp.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
for separate tunings don't get an alexi... they all have floyd rose bridges as far as I know, and those are not easy to tune, especially as a beginner.
Quote by Anthropocentric
Your balls. You lost the right to them. Hand them over.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
What kind of person needs to have a Flying V shoved up their vagina?

Join The 7-String Legion! Now!
Quote by henrihell
for separate tunings don't get an alexi... they all have floyd rose bridges as far as I know, and those are not easy to tune, especially as a beginner.

thats what I was thinking. I was also looking at a ltd f100, ltd mh100qmnt, and a ibanez rg 321mh all for $199. im starting to get into other tunings. like drop and D and I wanted to get another guitar for that stuff. eventually id like to go down to drop C when I get more comfortable with drop D.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress

EDIT... I also found a ltd viper-400 for $199. just looking around for a cheaper used budget guitar. thanks.

Dude, jump on that. Right now. An LTD 400 will absolutely blow away everything else you're looking at.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Last edited by Offworld92 at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by romeozdistress
I found one with a seymour duncan invader pickup for $199. wondering what you guys think about it for a spare guitar? im still in the beginner stages but I wanted to grab another cheap used guitar. for seperate tunings. but im open to any other ideas for $200 used..i play mostly metal of course..

Get. Nao.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
yeah its kinda nuts thats it $199 lol. im prolly gonna jump on that. actually im pretty sure I am. im suposed to get my refund monday, but well see dude.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
the viper i was looking at has a crack in the neck and the other one at that price didnt look to appealing pretty beat up.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
the viper i was looking at has a crack in the neck and the other one at that price didnt look to appealing pretty beat up.

okay. i have an idea for you. look for guitars after you get your check. otherwise you are just going to flat drive yourself crazy.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Quote by trashedlostfdup
okay. i have an idea for you. look for guitars after you get your check. otherwise you are just going to flat drive yourself crazy.

should be one more day. another idea was for me to buy a cheap used guitar and try to replace the pickups, i want to get some practice doing that. I have never tried before.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 5, 2012,
OR I could just have a new bridge pickup installed and some lock in tuners on my jackson and call it a day.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Its always nice to have more then one guitar.
I'd spring for the rg321 and save for pups.

thanks for the input bro. ill consider that for sure.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Quote by romeozdistress
should be one more day. another idea was for me to buy a cheap used guitar and try to replace the pickups, i want to get some practice doing that. I have never tried before.

As someone who has been down that road, don't bother. If you can get a higher quality guitar for the money, get it. At the end of the day, no matter how much you upgrade a guitar, crappy wood will always be crappy wood, and you can't get around what kind of wood is in your guitar.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
As someone who has been down that road, don't bother. If you can get a higher quality guitar for the money, get it. At the end of the day, no matter how much you upgrade a guitar, crappy wood will always be crappy wood, and you can't get around what kind of wood is in your guitar.

those vipers look ****ed up and one is listed as "crack in neck". I guess i could take a chance on the red one thats $189, seems like if its that cheap something isnt right with it. ill keep on looking though. if anybody has any other suggestions let me know. something used around $250. thats what Id like to spend right now.

on another hand. my jackson has cedro wood. any thoughts on that type? another idea I had was to get a new bridge pickup for that. maybe an invader or something like that. seems like an active pickup would be a pain in thee ass or cost too much to install. what id really like to the james hetfield set. but id settle for a invader or super distortion. mark morton also has some pickups coming out which interest me. i love my jackson and the way it plays. wondering if its worth upgrading or just saving that money for an entire better guitar.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
Last edited by romeozdistress at Feb 5, 2012,
I wasn't implying that you go for those ones, I just meant in general.

I have seen Viper 400's go for as low as $300 in good condition. For some reason Vipers have shit resale value.

The type of wood doesn't matter, except in terms of tonality. It's the quality of wood that matters. EG: The Mahogany in an Epi Special isn't the same type of mahogany in a Gibson.

If you like your Jackson, then it's worth upgrading. Simple as that.

However, once you have a nicer guitar in your hands, you'll probably find that your Jackson isn't as great as you thought it was. It's all just matters of perspective.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
I wasn't implying that you go for those ones, I just meant in general.

I have seen Viper 400's go for as low as $300 in good condition. For some reason Vipers have shit resale value.

The type of wood doesn't matter, except in terms of tonality. It's the quality of wood that matters. EG: The Mahogany in an Epi Special isn't the same type of mahogany in a Gibson.

If you like your Jackson, then it's worth upgrading. Simple as that.

However, once you have a nicer guitar in your hands, you'll probably find that your Jackson isn't as great as you thought it was. It's all just matters of perspective.

oh yeah i havent played any other guitars really, besides my junk ltd m-15 and my brother in laws mexican strat. he doesnt let me play any of his 3 american ones lol. ill prolly just upgrade my jackson a little bit. maybe ill find a great deal at a pawn shop or something later on for a second guitar. who knows. thanks.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A

the viper i was looking at, the one without the crack in the neck. priced at $189. thoughts on this?
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
ended up going with a ltd ex-400 for $299. seemed like a great deal.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A
It's a good deal, if it was in good condition.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X

looked in good shape to me man. if its not ill return it and get something else.
Ibanez Rg 321mh
Guitar Rig 5
Presonus Audiobox
Behringer Truth B2030A