Page 1 of 2
Well, Pit, I got my report card today. Everything was good except for my America in the 60s class which was a 50. My mom asked me about it and I explained exactly what happened.

I was in english class last week writing a resume, and I asked my teacher if I should put my GPA or not in it. She looked mine up and said 'hey you have a 50 in your 60s class.' I wtf-ed for a minute and later went down to my 60s teacher.

I asked her why my grade was a 50 and she said it was because she didn't have my take home test or project which affected my grade. Then she said 'I'm still grading papers so it may be in this folder' and she pulled out this huge folder of all of these assignments my fellow students had turned in. I searched it but didn't find either of them, which annoyed me because I had turned them in. She said if I turned them in by the end of the week my grade would shoot up and my report card grade wouldn't be a 50.

In somewhat of a rage, I left, and in one night retyped my project and retook the test. I turned them in to her and she said 'thanks I'll have them in in no time'. Then I get my report and a 50 shows up.

it also made me wonder what everyone else was getting. If she couldn't get my papers in on time, what about the huge pile of papers everyone else turned in? My mom sided with me and my dad doesn't know yet, but he shouldn't be mad.

Anyway, share experiences you have had with unreliable or generally not good teachers in any way shape or form.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow
How was Confucius death metal?
You've clearly never read any Confuscius.

As I wait on the edge of the earth,
I can see the walls being torn down again
Only to be rebuilt in another name,
On a different day
WARNING:
The above is most likely sarcasm, so fuck yourself if you're offended.
Quote by shavorules42
Hey look! An intelligent post!
Quote by WCPhils
One time I saw a religious person eating so I don't do that anymore.
Quote by Joshua Garcia
Save water. Drink alcohol.
Countless teachers losing work.

My favourite was the IT class I was taking. We were given a spec and had to follow it to the letter. 2 weeks before the end of the year the IT department head went to a conference and realised all the work we'd done all year was wrong and worth exactly zero marks. She proceeded to tell us that we had no time to fix it and they would just submit it as it was, if we wanted to sort it out ourselves we were free to do so but without their help.

Everyone in that class dropped out at that point since we knew that we'd wasted a whole year and had no chance of turning in 10 months of work in 2 weeks, a lot of it group work as well.
Take it to your guidance counselors office and explain
Quote by beadhangingOne
What happened to Snake?

Snake?

Snake?

SNAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAKE?!

Quote by TunerAddict
you can take my mouse and keyboard from my cold, slightly orange from cheetos, dead fingers

Quote by Baby Joel
Isis is amazing
America in the 60s class? Just tell her you took the brown acid man.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by thePTOD
Well, Pit, I got my report card today. Everything was good except for my America in the 60s class which was a 50. My mom asked me about it and I explained exactly what happened.

I was in english class last week writing a resume, and I asked my teacher if I should put my GPA or not in it. She looked mine up and said 'hey you have a 50 in your 60s class.' I wtf-ed for a minute and later went down to my 60s teacher.

I asked her why my grade was a 50 and she said it was because she didn't have my take home test or project which affected my grade. Then she said 'I'm still grading papers so it may be in this folder' and she pulled out this huge folder of all of these assignments my fellow students had turned in. I searched it but didn't find either of them, which annoyed me because I had turned them in. She said if I turned them in by the end of the week my grade would shoot up and my report card grade wouldn't be a 50.

In somewhat of a rage, I left, and in one night retyped my project and retook the test. I turned them in to her and she said 'thanks I'll have them in in no time'. Then I get my report and a 50 shows up.

it also made me wonder what everyone else was getting. If she couldn't get my papers in on time, what about the huge pile of papers everyone else turned in? My mom sided with me and my dad doesn't know yet, but he shouldn't be mad.

Anyway, share experiences you have had with unreliable or generally not good teachers in any way shape or form.

Yeah, a 50 is bad, something similar happened to me last semester in pre-calc class. I had take an exam and got a 90%, this exam was the last one so it was the one with more academic weight. When I got my grades he changed my last exam grade from a 90% to a 30%, which knocked down my grades by 2 (from B to D). But it's alright since I talked to him and showed him evidence about my grade (since my university has a cyber exam taking system) and said he would replace the bad grade.
Quote by VillainousLatin
Yeah, a 50 is bad, something similar happened to me last semester in pre-calc class. I had take an exam and got a 90%, this exam was the last one so it was the one with more academic weight. When I got my grades he changed my last exam grade from a 90% to a 30%, which knocked down my grades by 2 (from B to D). But it's alright since I talked to him and showed him evidence about my grade (since my university has a cyber exam taking system) and said he would replace the bad grade.

That's good that you sorted it out. If she changes it and it goes in the books as a better grade then I will be happy, I just want to make sure that it happens. It was one out of maybe 2 tests we took, so that and my project would put at hopefully an 80.
The problem is that my teacher is also my class advisor. She spends more time putting together unnecessary fundraisers and getting us a senior lounge than actually doing her job.
Fortunately it was a 1 semester class so I don't need to deal with it anymore.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
school shootings are the only way
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
I have two teachers that always do that.

"**** you, leave my room Okay, I will put it in with rest of my grades, you can go now."

Now what I sometimes do is make a copy of the completed assignment and if they lose it I print that out and show it to them.
For my final A level German speaking test, after I'd done it my teacher realised the microphone's battery had run out half way through. So I had to do it again another day, and it went really well but when I got my grade back I'd got an E (the teacher had predicted an A). I don't know for sure but it seems pretty obvious to me that they sent the wrong recording off.
As a result I got a C instead of a B for that whole A level.
If you aren't in university (which it sounds like), send an e-mail of the assignment to the teacher when you hand it in. That way you can prove that you sent it in on time.
Quote by Eggmond
school shootings are the only way

Yeah, those dumb kids with their pumped up kicks...

but OT, my trig teacher and gym teacher were married last year. I got a concussion in floor hockey in gym, which the gym teacher ignored. It just so happpened that neither teacher thought a concussion was a valid excuse to not play floor hockey or not understand trigonometry. **** those guys
Quote by Thrashtastic15
If you aren't in university (which it sounds like), send an e-mail of the assignment to the teacher when you hand it in. That way you can prove that you sent it in on time.

Do it anyways. I'm in university and I email my assignments as well. Even more so in university anyways since there are more students and its more likely to lose shit.

He wasn't reliable at all.
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by chriscobonham
Yeah, those dumb kids with their pumped up kicks...

but OT, my trig teacher and gym teacher were married last year. I got a concussion in floor hockey in gym, which the gym teacher ignored. It just so happpened that neither teacher thought a concussion was a valid excuse to not play floor hockey or not understand trigonometry. **** those guys

Pussy.
I have about 200 students to teach, evaluate, grade, etc for an entire semester. It's much more difficult than it may seem for a single person to keep track of everything and not make mistakes. It's completely understandable that something like that happened. It sucks that it happened to you, but it doesn't necessarily mean that your teacher is bad. So get over it and move on.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I'm studying to become a teacher right now, as I type this. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't intend to lose kids' shit. I've been on the receiving end of this, so I know how it feels.

I'll try and be the best teacher for you guys.
I've decided that my signature is terrible. I'm open to suggestions.

Click me, or I'll die.

# Un-nominated in UG Top 100,
Quote by thePTOD

I was in english class last week writing a resume, and I asked my teacher if I should put my GPA or not in it. She looked mine up and said 'hey you have a 50 in your 60s class.' I wtf-ed for a minute and later went down on my 60s teacher.

I don't need to read the rest, I see where it's going...
Quote by Bushinarin
I'm studying to become a teacher right now, as I type this. Do you guys have any suggestions? I don't intend to lose kids' shit. I've been on the receiving end of this, so I know how it feels.

I'll try and be the best teacher for you guys.

Focus on being ultra-prudish with your sorting/filing/storing system. Make sure everything is stored in colour-coded folders, in alphabetical order and that you only remove a single file/essay at a time and replace it before you remove another/at the end of the marking session. Minimalize the amount of travel the work does (if possible don't even remove it from the school grounds/your office etc (although this obviously depends on the volume of work you have to mark)).
...Stapling helium to penguins since 1949.
Quote by Novacane...
I don't need to read the rest, I see where it's going...

She's 61...

...And to whoever said I shouldn't think the teacher is bad for this, that's alright, but she's kind of consistent about these things and loses other kid's work too. But she has been teaching for 20-some years, she might be checking out of it mentally, she's still a very nice person though.
Quote by willT08
Quote by HowSoonisNow

On a different day
Quote by Mad Marius
I have about 200 students to teach, evaluate, grade, etc for an entire semester. It's much more difficult than it may seem for a single person to keep track of everything and not make mistakes. It's completely understandable that something like that happened. It sucks that it happened to you, but it doesn't necessarily mean that your teacher is bad. So get over it and move on.

Waaah! I'm a teacher and my life is so hard.

having 200 students is no excuse for losing one student's work and then telling them it's not your problem/insisting they never handed it in. i've had numerous teachers do this to me. and you know why they lost my work? because their desk was a complete disorganized mess of papers and books.
When I was grade 9 I used to have a crazy Italian teacher who lost everything.

She also used to be a clown...
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by jakesmellspoo

having 200 students is no excuse for losing one student's work and then telling them it's not your problem/insisting they never handed it in. i've had numerous teachers do this to me. and you know why they lost my work? because their desk was a complete disorganized mess of papers and books.

I think the main factor here is attitude. In your post you're assuming the teacher is a dick, and in the one you quoted the teacher just states s/he is human and makes mistakes.

I don't think it's so awful if a teacher misplaces some things, but as long as they aren't a jerk and offer to fix it for the student, I don't really see a problem.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by Bushinarin
I think the main factor here is attitude. In your post you're assuming the teacher is a dick, and in the one you quoted the teacher just states s/he is human and makes mistakes.

I don't think it's so awful if a teacher misplaces some things, but as long as they aren't a jerk and offer to fix it for the student, I don't really see a problem.

all teachers are dicks. no exceptions.

and every single one of my teachers who lost something of mine or another students ALWAYS acted like a jerk.

the only one i didn't mind was a crazy senile old bitch i had freshman year of high school who smelled like a diaper. i transferred in halfway through the year, so any time we had homework, i wouldn't do it and just tell her she assigned it before i came to the school. other kids got ripped apart by her for no reason. she took a kids vocabulary book once, lost it(in her own desk) for a week, insisted she never had it, and when she finally found it she claimed he must have left it on the floor and the janitor put it in her locked desk to which only she had the keys for.

**** teachers. **** em in the butt with a gun.
Quote by thePTOD
She's 61...

but she says she's 24
sometimes I see us in a cymbal splash or in the sound of a car crash
Quote by jakesmellspoo

and every single one of my teachers who lost something of mine or another students ALWAYS acted like a jerk.

the only one i didn't mind was a crazy senile old bitch i had freshman year of high school who smelled like a diaper. i transferred in halfway through the year, so any time we had homework, i wouldn't do it and just tell her she assigned it before i came to the school. other kids got ripped apart by her for no reason. she took a kids vocabulary book once, lost it(in her own desk) for a week, insisted she never had it, and when she finally found it she claimed he must have left it on the floor and the janitor put it in her locked desk to which only she had the keys for.

That can't be possible because I'm going to be a teacher and I'm perfect. Therefore, since I've never made a mistake and chosen education as a career path, all teachers are perfect.

My sound logic can't be argued because I'm a teacher and therefore smarter than you. Douche.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by Bushinarin
That can't be possible because I'm going to be a teacher and I'm perfect. Therefore, since I've never made a mistake and chosen education as a career path, all teachers are perfect.

My sound logic can't be argued because I'm a teacher and therefore smarter than you. Douche.

Quote by Novacane...

That can't happen to me, because I'm in my physical prime. Being ungodly amounts of sexy, students will be too intimidated to commit such vile acts against me.

I speak for all tall, attractive, fit, intelligent men with above average sized wangs everywhere when I say that I'm sorry for whatever caused you to make a mistake and blame teachers for it.

I've already mentioned that I'm perfect, so please let's move on.

Click me, or I'll die.

Quote by jakesmellspoo

Here's a friendly piece of advice: get used to people not giving a crap about your problems. It will only get worse as you get older.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
My teacher loses my work, i have a 40 in the class because of it so im switching out.
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
I had one teacher cancel like, half of her classes last semester

and another got fired for showing up drunk

my GPA was 4.25 last semester though, so I couldn't care less

Last.Fm

“If there was anything that depressed him more than his own cynicism, it was that quite often it still wasn't as cynical as real life.”
― Terry Pratchett

qft...

Jeremy Clarkson is a knob.
I had a spanish teacher who would constantly get confused, she would say one thing and then follow that by saying the exact opposite.

On one test my friend had to explain how she screwed up the matching section, her answer key that the teacher made had A for three different questions.

I also turned in a project a week late because I was out sick, it would have been fine until I asked her for a staple after which she promptly told me that I would have to take a half off penalty for being late because it wasn't already stapled! (I didn't own a stapler at the time what was she expecting?)

Also she had a policy that you could only retake a test if you failed. A friend of mine intentionally failed a test that he didn't study for so he could retake it. Same questions, he got a 99.

We genuinely tried to get her fired through the proper channels, but she was already tenured, which equals untouchable in teacher speak.
All that is gold does not glitter
Not all who wander are lost
The old that is strong does not wither
Deep roots are not reached by the frost
Quote by Jackal58
America in the 60s class? Just tell her you took the brown acid man.

ha you would know, you did it yourself back then as a 40 year old

god you're so old
Quote by yellowfrizbee
What does a girl have to do to get it in the butt thats all I ever wanted from you. Why, Ace? Why? I clean my asshole every night hoping and wishing and it never happens.
Bitches be Crazy.

▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬ஜ۩۩ஜ▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬▬
Quote by jakesmellspoo

When is the big one-zero birthday party? I haven't got my invite in the post
Quote by Mad Marius
Here's a friendly piece of advice: get used to people not giving a crap about your problems. It will only get worse as you get older.

oooh, thanks for revealing this to me. i'd have never guessed.

Quote by Equivoke
When is the big one-zero birthday party? I haven't got my invite in the post

you're not invited, suck it.
Page 1 of 2