A question to those that belittle any genre that isn't Metal / Heavy music

Page 1 of 2
Why do you do it? Genuine question.

Why can't you accept that there is great music from every genre? Have you ever properly listened to other genres? And how old are you?

I'm honestly curious about your reasons.
RIP Tom Searle.
Last edited by MH400 at Feb 4, 2012,
Because I touch yourself at night
R.I.P. M.C.A.
Tweet at me bro
lushacrous loves you
Quote by blake1221
Don't be ludicrous, lushacrous.
Quote by Gunpowder
that joke regarding your username was NOT originally posted by blake1221. That was a Gunpowder original.

I INVOKE SOPA TO SMITE YE FOR THIS FALSEHOOD.
because if the music was actuallly good it would be included as a sub genre of metal such as acoustic-folk-ambient-meditation metal
ಠ_ಠ
<|>
/ω\

Tell me what nation on this earth, was not born of tragedy-Primordial
Because metalheads in general are stupid and if you disagree you're stupid.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Metal person says Rap is bad.

Pop person says Metal is bad.

Rap person says Country is bad.

Classical person says Electronic is bad.

Country person says Rap is bad.

Electronic person says Country is bad.

Indie person says all are bad.

All say Indie is bad.

J-Pop person says (US)Pop is bad.

(US) Pop person says Anime is the work of pedophiles.

J-Pop person takes frustration out on LotR person.

LotR person says Metal is great.

Metal person says Rap is bad.
Quote by Morphogenesis26

Indie person says all are bad.

All say Indie is bad.

RIP Tom Searle.
Because they are trapped, they belittle it all to the point were actually trying to enjoy it would undermine the last few years of their efforts.

Anyone who says "every song thats [genre] sucks" is naive or just plain ignorant.

Most say things like this just on some social principle that hey are not proper "rock/metal fans" if they listen to other things. Or that they must dress/act/listen to the "right" things to be accepted in their social circle.

Luckily most of these people, myself included reach 20/21 and grow up a little, and start being a little more open minded and individual, Best thing i did. Sadly some don't and loose out on thousands of great bands and songs due to a childish conception that they will be seen in a negative light for liking something that personal to them.
Gear
-Shecter Omen 6 Extreme
-Yamaha JX20SC Acoustic
-Roland : Cube 80x
Wishlist
-Mbox recording hardware
-Fender Stratocaster (American Standard)
-Boss Overdrive pedal
I've yet to meet these people that like nothing but metal. Where are they? Can you identify yourselves? WHERE ARE THEY!?
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Because hipsters are awful people.

Seriously though. I like a lot of different genres, but it does get annoying when you will talking to someone about bands and they immediately toss aside any band you mention once they find out they are metal, without even ever listening to them. Same goes for any genre though.

How are you supposed to expend your musical tastes if you won't even listen to something because of the genre it's been labeled under?
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Because you say rihanna - i say metallica
you say lil wayne - i say led zeppelin
you say lady gaga - i say nirvana
you say emenem - i say iron maiden
you say hanna montana - i scream heavy metal
92% of teenagers have turned to hip-hop and pop, if ur part of the 8%, copy this message and past it to an other video. DONT LET THE SPIRIT OF ROCK DIE !!!!!
Group mentality. Admitting something other than metal is worthwhile is going back on what they've said. Nobody likes admitting they were wrong.
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
Quote by moose1512
Because they are trapped, they belittle it all to the point were actually trying to enjoy it would undermine the last few years of their efforts.

Anyone who says "every song thats [genre] sucks" is naive or just plain ignorant.

Most say things like this just on some social principle that hey are not proper "rock/metal fans" if they listen to other things. Or that they must dress/act/listen to the "right" things to be accepted in their social circle.

Luckily most of these people, myself included reach 20/21 and grow up a little, and start being a little more open minded and individual, Best thing i did. Sadly some don't and loose out on thousands of great bands and songs due to a childish conception that they will be seen in a negative light for liking something that personal to them.

I have found that I've become more hateful since I turned twenty one.
Quote by vintage x metal
I love you =] I can't say I was very fond of you when we first started talking because you trolled the hell out of my threads, but after talking to you here I've grown very attached to you.

Yeah, write to my fanclub about it, honey.
From what I noticed, it just has a lot to do with them knowing almost nothing about where metal derived from and what musical aspects are used in the writing process. All they seem to know is it's heavy, and very little metalheads, nowadays from my experience anyways, give very little credit to the bands who pioneered it and what their influences were.

The majority of them are just young, dumb kids IMO but they're still some of the younger generation who appreciate all forms of music.
Because, Boobs
Last edited by CynX at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by CynX
From what I noticed, it just has a lot to do with them knowing almost nothing about where metal derived from and what musical aspects are used in the writing process. All they seem to know is it's heavy, and very little metalheads, nowadays from my experience anyways, give very little credit to the bands who pioneered it and what their influences were.

Hank Marvin. Elvis Presley.
Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
I always wondered where that statistic came from.

92% of mole people teenagers have turned to mud and gravel, if ur part of the 8% that liek good ole dirt, then copy this message and past it to an other video. DONT LET THE DIRTY EARTH DIE!

For serious.

Most people who say this is because they dislike the vocals and are generally oblivious to music. These are people that use music as a background audio that serves no purpose but to fill in the silence.

People also dislike Metal due to it's more rigid content that is considered scary, evil, perverted, or all of the above. They view music as a tool of only allowing you to feel a very limited set of emotions such as Happy, Sad, and angsty angst.

The other people are ones who just don't like the genre and have their own opinions about it and really just don't give a flying spaghetti monster meatball shit that came out of his gaping sauce vagina.

Moral of this story: Metal lovers hate the flying spaghetti monster's vagina.
Do you feel warm within your cage?

And have you figured out yet -

Life goes by?
Quote by Hydra150
There's a dick on Earth, too
It's you
Quote by Morphogenesis26
I always wondered where that statistic came from.

92% of mole people teenagers have turned to mud and gravel, if ur part of the 8% that liek good ole dirt, then copy this message and past it to an other video. DONT LET THE DIRTY EARTH DIE!

For serious.

Most people who say this is because they dislike the vocals and are generally oblivious to music. These are people that use music as a background audio that serves no purpose but to fill in the silence.

People also dislike Metal due to it's more rigid content that is considered scary, evil, perverted, or all of the above. They view music as a tool of only allowing you to feel a very limited set of emotions such as Happy, Sad, and angsty angst.

The other people are ones who just don't like the genre and have their own opinions about it and really just don't give a flying spaghetti monster meatball shit that came out of his gaping sauce vagina.

Moral of this story: Metal lovers hate the flying spaghetti monster's vagina.

That's so obscure.

Quote by denizenz

Art & Lutherie
Quote by strat0blaster

Sides of picture=Spaghetti Monster Vagina

Ball in center=The tiny shit that Jesus gives

And yes, shit comes out of SM's vagina because he rolls that way.
Quote by xSheogorathx
Because it isn't br00tal

This, unless it's br00tal it's inherently worthless.
Quote by Pleasure2kill
The truth is, Muslims never apologized for their faith having something to do with the attacks on 9/11.
I've never met a metalhead who only listens to metal. Actually every metalhead I know listens to several different genres of music and is very open to listening to new things. Where is this stereotype coming from?
Quote by CynX

The majority of them are just young, dumb kids IMO but they're still some of the younger generation who appreciate all forms of music.

Who cares about influences? If that was the case then we must enjoy banging rocks together and clapping like idiots. That was the beginning of music, so everything is influenced by that.
Quote by kratos379
I've never met a metalhead who only listens to metal. Actually every metalhead I know listens to several different genres of music and is very open to listening to new things. Where is this stereotype coming from?

Than you're lucky haha I'm stuck in a city with a bunch of morons who think any metal with gutteral vocals is classified as screamo, and the only heavy songs are down tuned.

Quote by .Joker.
Who cares about influences? If that was the case then we must enjoy banging rocks together and clapping like idiots. That was the beginning of music, so everything is influenced by that.

Missed the point completely. I meant all the old metal bands when they were growing up didn't just listen to what was "heavy."
Because, Boobs
Last edited by CynX at Feb 4, 2012,
I really like metal and its my favortite genre of music. But I don't think its the best. There is good music in all genres, but for some you have to look outside the mainstream to find the good artists. Metalheads that say that all other music sucks need to look at the deeper roots of metal before saying that. Rap/Pop/Indie/any other music fan that say metal is all noise really should look at the roots of metal as well.

TS, most of the time its the younger metalheads that think metal is the best and everything else sucks. They only say it out of ignorance, and immaturaty in some cases.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Don't worry, I belittle metal too.

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
L0l d3wd b3k4z 1t D03znt h4v d4 br000tuhl br3kd0nz
/jokinglyinplyingthatmetalcoreanddeathcoreisrealmetal
Ib4 shitstorm
Quote by slapsymcdougal
I'm cockblocked regularly by my appearance and personality.
Why do you do it? Genuine question.

Why can't you accept that you are not good at creating threads? Have you ever properly tried your hand at making a decent one? And why are you so bad at it?

I'm honestly curious about your reasons.
There's no such thing; there never was. Where I am going you cannot follow me now.
lol n00b

i create threads if I'm bored. not to look intelligent or please others.
RIP Tom Searle.
Quote by MH400
And how old are you?

This single question would answer all the other ones you asked in OP
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Page 1 of 2