Alright I am in need of a new wah. My old Hendrix Crybaby has decided to stop working Of course, I could just take it to a store and get the staff to fix it, but I also see this as maybe an opportunity to upgrade.

I wouldn't mind spending $150+ to get an awesome sound (or preferably, several awesome sounds), just nothing ridiculous like a Gig-Fx. It's worth noting that I quite liked the sound of the Hendrix, but it wasn't very versatile at all. But it did have a certain smoothness to the sound that I dug. I found the original Crybaby to be too harsh on the top end for me, though I see how this could have its uses. I tried the Ibanez Weeping Demon, but couldn't get a good sound out of it.

I much prefer a narrower, throaty, expressive wah sound as opposed to a ridiculously wide sweep. I guess I would use a wider sweep at times for some Satch/Hammett insanity when I'm in the mood, as I'm aware that the more expensive wahs have fancy Q controls.

Should I get a new wah, or not bother and just get my Hendrix crybaby fixed? I realize I'll probably get a ton of different responses, but I need to start somewhere...
You can get a nice gig fx mega-wah for $150 used. Those are real nice.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
You should just fix and then mod the Hendrix. They're super easy to work with, if you're handy with a soldering iron, and can sound really really good after some easy modification.
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
You should just fix and then mod the Hendrix. They're super easy to work with, if you're handy with a soldering iron, and can sound really really good after some easy modification.

What kind of mods?
Quote by Most_Triumphant
You can get a nice gig fx mega-wah for $150 used. Those are real nice.

I will NEVER find one here in Canada
Stinkfoot's are pretty good; just google "Stinkfoot wah mod" and it should be the first result. There are a bunch floating around; IIRC the GCB95, regular Crybaby, and JH-1 mods are universal.

What exactly happened to it?
--

How do you say "I'm okay" to an answering machine?

--
Quote by stratman_13
Stinkfoot's are pretty good; just google "Stinkfoot wah mod" and it should be the first result. There are a bunch floating around; IIRC the GCB95, regular Crybaby, and JH-1 mods are universal.

What exactly happened to it?

Well basically, a while ago it stopped working in just the wah mode. It produced this really thin and quiet sound, but worked fine in the bypass mode. Then, it started doing this in both bypass and wah mode. And finally, it has failed to produce any sound at all.