Terrible, Terrible Gig...any other UG members have similar experience?

Soo my band was meant to play a gig tonight and it snowed ALOT. Me, the other guitarist and the drummer all got there but the bassist and vocalist couldn't make it.

So we played as a three piece and it was terrible, it was a laugh and all that but we played so badly trying to fill in the bass parts and the empty parts of the songs where there were meant to be vocals.

We skipped about 3 tracks and played one of the tracks twice (the second time was in clean swing-jazz style :P)

Luckily hardly anyone was there because of the snow, but yeah :L

anything happened to you?
You're right, it was terrible.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
Ouch, that is pretty rough. Nobody could sing, even a little bit, to at least limp the songs along?
I've got the spirit, but lose the feeling.
*squeak*
*garble*
*off-beat cymbal crash*
*squeal*

It sounded like that, didn't it.
Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Quote by intheshadowplay
Ouch, that is pretty rough. Nobody could sing, even a little bit, to at least limp the songs along?

naa not really, the other guitarist usually does a little backing vocals but can't sing and play too well, neither can I.
Back when I was in a band. We played shows once a week for about 8ish months straight. Half of those shows "sucked" in terms of crowd and our playing, but they were still fun to us.
Quote by High&Mighty
Back when I was in a band. We played shows once a week for about 8ish months straight. Half of those shows "sucked" in terms of crowd and our playing, but they were still fun to us.

yeah i know what you mean man, my old band was very similar.

Gigs in front of the other bands and bar staff, but it was always good fun.
An old band that I was in for a short time (About 7-8 weeks.) were meant to playing a gig and about thirty minutes before we're suposed to go on, our rhythem guitarest calls up and says he can't make it because he is stuck in traffic. We tried to play the show without him, and it was a mess. Our singer used my back up guitar to try and fill in for him and THEN realised he couldn't sing and play at the same time. Our bassist was almost on the floor laughing at him. Our drummer pretty much gave up halfway through and I was too busy laughing to even remember the solos. It was the biggest fail ever :')
ooh thta sucks
reminds me of a gig i did a few months back where i was promised a pa so i didnt take my cab for my combo amp assuming it would be overkill if it was just goign to be miced when i get there there was no pa available for me to use just an acoustic amp for vocals >.<

i had to turn my amp up since it was an outdoors gigs and me and my buddy playing had to sing into the same microphone and eveyrtime we sang the same note it would feed back horribly
and neithe rof us could hear ourselves very well
a couple songs laterwe decided that we would have to make this an insturmental gig since the vocals were out of the question his amp blew...

...we walked of stage with our heads down

on the upside people said my solo was still awesome...
Nah man. Every gig I've ever done has been awesome. And I've never been paid less than $200 before tips. Not since before I was 8 I guess.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Once i was playing at a local fest:

*The "everybody's beatch" pedal died
*Stupid Amplifier died because of heat
*My amplifier wasn't loud enough
*mob of punks (yeah, punks) ruining the crowd

And that started just when my band came in.
My first-ever vocal performance(October, I think), a buddy of mine was drumming a cover of The Trooper in front of the school for our weekly Friday lunchtime concerts, and he had his brother and his other friend on guitars. They asked me on Wednesday if I'd do vocals after hearing me caterwauling falsetto in the music room(I'm bad, and I have a lisp, but I never knew I had a lisp 'til they taped my second performance...I need braces. D=), and I said sure why not, I'm not much of a Maiden fan but I know The Trooper well enough. I didn't know the lyrics though, so I listened to it on repeat Thursday night and memorized the lyrics beforehand. We were supposed to jam in the music room after school Thursday, but the drummer never showed up, so it was just me wailing over the guitarists.

Friday, we go onstage, there's a bassist there(who I don't know, and didn't even know we had), one of the guitarists is plugged into a Fender Frontman, the other's plugged into a Marshall MG100DFX(he was playing acoustic in the room), they're both using Strats with single coils, gain pretty much cranked(the guy with the MG was using a trans orange MIA Strat with gold hardware and a Metal Muff...poor guy, he's nice and he's got such a nice guitar and pedal, but...WHY THE MG), the bassist's got a little 1x8 Fender Frontman of some sort(I never heard him the whole time) and we go into it. I forget everything lyrically past the second section of WOOOOOAHs, and improvise about my biceps and a girl who regularly visits the music room on the piano and how I wish I could play piano like her. They go out of time after the solos, and we end up going 9 or 10 bars into the trills instead of the 8 there are supposed to be. And my high notes aren't working despite the 5 bottles of water I drank beforehand(refill...refill...refill...refill...xD), so I'm crackling all over the place because I refuse to sing normally and instead go into falsetto mode and dance around onstage(I've got severe hyperactivity issues onstage).

On the other hand, we got applauded and me, the drummer and the guitarists thought it was hilarious. I'm not sure how the bassist felt though, I still haven't talked to him. xD
Quote by SlayingDragons
Nah, I prefer to tune lower. My tunings usually go into weird Hebrew symbols.
Quote by Ikey
Alot

...28...29...30 DONE. I came as fast as I could. I hope you didn't miss me Alot

Oh and he says he's sorry for ruining your gig and holding up your vocalist and bassist. They played really well for him.
Quote by Banjocal
sht up u flthy librl foogit stfu u soo mad n butthurdt ur ass is an analpocolypse cuz ur so gay "my ass hrts so mcuh" - u. your rectally vexed n anlly angushed lolo go bck 2 asslnd lolol
Last edited by King Of Suede at Feb 4, 2012,
Quote by dazed60
i onced played a gig at the search bar

Jan 2012
Quote by Banjocal
Quote by King Of Suede
...28...29...30 DONE. I came as fast as I could. I hope you didn't miss me Alot

Oh and he says he's sorry for ruining your gig and holding up your vocalist and bassist. They played really well for him.

that is genius....