...you save up enough money to get a "proper" electric guitar. I've been fighting with a $50 strat copy off eBay for almost a year now and now that I've got a decent (not even expensive) guitar (see my sig) it's an AMAZING difference! It's amazing how much easier it is to play! I mean - I was expecting it to sound better and I guess play a bit easier but the difference is just WOW. I suck a lot less now

I wonder what a Les Paul feels like...
Ibanez GRG170DX
Line 6 Spider IV 15
cool story bro.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
yeah getting a new (higher quality) guitar is awesome.
its like dating a new, hotter girlfriend hahaha

and having a nicer guitar really helps your inspiration.
my 6 best friends:
Ibanez Artcore AF75
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser
LTD H-207 7 string
Ibanez Acoustic
Congrats bro. Can't wait til I get a "proper guitar" myself. I have a crappy strat copy.
"You're not hardcore unless you live hardcore"
I think my first real guitar was a Kramer Focus 1000.. metallic red with a reverse headstock..loaded with an EMG 81
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
It's a nice feeling. I remember my old SX strat copy, think it was like an SST-62 or something. I finally got a Fender Strat and thought it was just the coolest thing ever to have an actual Fender in my hands. Since then, I've been through a lot of guitars, but that moment always will be a good one.
I know that feel,

I was always playing with a strat rip-off trough a tonerape amp,

Then i bought a ltd m100fm and fender frontman 25r (still shitty amp though)
and man what a difference, guitar playing is now so much more awesome
i remember when I bought my Randall.. I payed around $949 new and had a hard on for days after
#1 2001 MII Jackson DK-2
#2 1995 MIK modded Fender squire
#3 2001 MIK Squier Stagemaster Deluxe
#4 2007 MIJ DKMG/DXMG Jackson
#5 1985 MIA Gibson SG Special
#6 1999 MIK ESP LTD M107
You're excited now, but it'll wear off in time. I remember thinking that my $440 LTD was the best guitar ever, and I would never need a "better" guitar.

Now anything under $600 just pisses me off, and even my guitars are growing boring quickly.

GAS is a disease.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X