Hello all I'm looking for a loud but light and portable bass amp. Right now I have a Acoustic B200 amp and its just not cutting it. Its to heavy for me to move on my own and will not fit in my Cobalt SS.

Any suggestions?
Well I plan on trading in my Acoustic B200 and with the money I get back from taxes I want to say $400. I'm going to be playing in a punk band.
What kind of cabinet do you plan on running the head into? The cabinet is other half of the "loudness" equation.

Love the Low end
I'm tempted to say your out of luck unless you can find more money or a hell of a deal on a used piece of gear.

200 watts through a 1x15 is about all you are going to get. You can get a head that is capable of more watts or pre and power amp, but it will take your budget, and you'll still need a cab capable of handling said wattage and is compact which is major $$$. You're combo should be loud enough for now, adding more cabs is obviously not an option, but getting more watts increases headroom but is an expensive way to gain volume.

You should consider

A: Having a friend split the load, or maybe have one guy with the big car/truck/SUV haul gear and you be the bus.

B: Work every conceivable way of getting that stuff in your car like a game of tetris.
Quote by Radtastic89
Hello all I'm looking for a loud but light and portable bass amp. Right now I have a Acoustic B200 amp and its just not cutting it. Its to heavy for me to move on my own and will not fit in my Cobalt SS.

Any suggestions?

The Ashdown Little Giant 1000 watt is very potent working into a 4ohm load, I've been gigging regular with one for around two years now.
G&L L2500
Squier Affinity Jazz Bass 5
Ashdown RPM pre-amp
Ashdown Little Giant 1000
300 watt 15" powered cab
450 watt 15" powered sub bass cab
2x10 + horn
1x15x10 + horn
I've got the GK 350 watt with 2 12 inch speakers. It's only 37 pounds and pretty loud. I've never had it past 3 on the volume in clubs. Also check out the Carvin neo light combos.
1981 G&L L 1000
Dean Razor NT5
Dean Hardtail 5
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Ash
Dean Sledge Hammer 5 Mahogany
Dean Edge 1-5
Dean Edge Q-6 string
Dean Rhapsody 4
Axle Acoustic bass
MiniStar 5 string bass
Dean DOA Caddilac
Dean V-Wing acoustic