I don't have a family/shit family/various family issues
4 4%
I have no friends foreveralone.jpg
6 6%
Equal
22 23%
Voters: 95.
Page 1 of 2
Who would you say you value more; Friends or family? Which is the one you value, respect, love more, etc.?

I have very close friends who know me inside and out, but I still value my family more. I've always been kind of bothered by people who value their friends more than their family. Don't get me wrong, I know people with totally shit families, and I'd understand why they have little respect for them, but I've known people with very loving families, but they still just show more care and respect for their friends. For me, my family has done more for me than I could ever imagine a friend doing. In fact sometimes I watch shows like HIMYM or Friends, and even though I enjoy watching them, one thing that's always bothered me is that they portray friends as the people who truly care about you, while families are just these annoying people you have to see on holidays.

I can understand a very serious gf or bf getting valued as much or more than family. Once you get really committed/married, they're basically family anyways.
Neither really.

And I am being completely serious.
The content of this signature is pretty much irrelevant
Can't value either more. Both help me unmeasurably. Both support me. Both act as my escape. I have fun with both. I really can't say one is better than the other.
If I was held at gunpoint and had to pick, I'd say family because they've been with me my whole life. Apart from that, I don't value one more than the other. I don't think this should be held as some sort of contest (for me anyways).
Friends, without a doubt. It's probably just teenage angst or whatever but my family drives me nuts 9 days out of 10.

But that being said I love my family and they've done more for me than any friend ever has/could.
My family's kinda messy, I don't have as much respect for em, but I know my family cares about me and knows me better than my friends.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Family, my friends are actually pretty unreliable.
“Just to sum up: I would do various things very quickly.” - Donald Trump
I care for my family more. I enjoy being around my friends more. I can't say which I value more, I don't think- they mean different things to me.

I am closer to friends right now. I'm 18 and am a freshman in college. I think part of it is because my only family, in a way, is my brother and my parents. I have a lot of family, but they are all in Mexico, so they are almost like strangers to me. So friends are important to me. I didn't actively choose it to be this way, it just sort of happened. But of course I am still close to family and they all know me in their respective ways.
I think a lot of it has to do with being raised in the States. My parents are from Mexico, so family is very important to them, and family is valued a lot more in Mexican society than in the US. So because I was raised here, away from extended family, I was exposed more to the US view of family, while still important, is less appreciated than in Mexico.
But I think things will change once I start a family.
^^The above is a Cryptic Metaphor^^

"To know the truth of history is to realize its ultimate myth and its inevitable ambiguity." Everything is made up and the facts don't matter.

MUSIC THEORY LINK
equal, but leaning slightly towards friends..helps to have a solid core of buds.
Quote by Pan-Tallica
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
But theres no reason why i cant be free like a raspberry stuck to the back of a horny elephants ass.

This is maybe the worst comparison in the history of comparisons.
The people I value most are my best friends, my mother, father, and brother. But I have some pretty shitty friends, and some other family member I don't care quite as much about. I guess when it comes down to it, it depends on the individual.
Family, but only because I have almost no friends I'd even value over my fucked up family.
Quote by Dreadnought
Don't make me choose bro

Your wife is both. So no matter what you choose you're right.
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
Quote by Jackal58
Your wife is both. So no matter what you choose you're right.

Touché
My God, it's full of stars!
No thanks, I'll pass. I'm not an arbitrarily-assign-personal-value-to-humans-I'm-close-with kind of guy.
Family for sure. I'm an only child though and there is 3 guys I'd call brothers that I consider family that would have to be included.
Uncle aciD

&

The deadbeatS

Do What Your Love Tells You
Quote by due 07
No thanks, I'll pass. I'm not an arbitrarily-assign-personal-value-to-humans-I'm-close-with kind of guy.

So people you're close with have no personal value to you? Mmmhmm...
Quote by Dreadnought

Dude have you seen his pants?????
Quote by SomeoneYouKnew
You should be careful what you say. Some asshole will probably sig it.

Quote by Axelfox
Yup, a girl went up to me in my fursuit one time.

Quote by Xiaoxi
I can fap to this. Keep going.
My friends are basically family.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Definitely gotta go with my Labrador retrievers. I mean, dogs are man's best friend, and they're family.

Quote by Dreadnought

You consistently (and deliberately?) miss the point of my posts by such an astonoshingly great margin that I'm beginning to actually feel impressed by your efforts (or lack of?).
I dont care about my family at all, I stay in contact and and see them once in a while, but only because Im supposed to and it is good to have their support sometimes (mostly for money, yes, that is a bit dickish, so what...).
So, Ive never felt anything special for my family, I value my friends more because I like them more.
Quote by due 07
You consistently (and deliberately?) miss the point of my posts by such an astonoshingly great margin that I'm beginning to actually feel impressed by your efforts (or lack of?).

Why thank you
Quote by neidnarb11890
Definitely gotta go with my Labrador retrievers. I mean, dogs are man's best friend, and they're family.

Black? White? UG should have a dog thread
Quote by due 07

then what did you mean?
#DTWD
Quote by primusfan
then what did you mean?

He does not value his family just cause theyre family.
my closests freinds are like my immediatte family the rest of my family kinda sucks so about the same...althought i like my best feind way mroe than i lke my sister hes like a bro...ther
Equal, because most of my friends are close with my family.
Trust me, I'm a Jedi.

Quote by Minkaro
You must control your use of the force, young Trizek.
Quote by flxjhnlrssn
He does not value his family just cause theyre family.

Not really what I was going for.

Quote by primusfan
then what did you mean?

I'm not going to go around whimsically comparing the value of the people whom I love most like they're objects for such casual comparison. I'd rather not treat people I care about like that.
Quote by due 07
I'm not going to go around whimsically comparing the value of the people whom I love most like they're objects for such casual comparison. I'd rather not treat people I care about like that.

lol. okay.
#DTWD
Quote by due 07
Not really what I was going for.

Dude just chill
I choose none I guess. Friends are kinda meh and kinda unpredictable(I guess that's what you get nowadays).
and my family has left me scarred for life because of something they did.
at this point in my life i'd have to say my family. i've had former friends stab me in the back, grow too cool for me, or in rare cases become racist assholes.

any current friends i have are either semi incompetent or only around in fair weather.
I'm realizing more and more that family is more important. Not to say I haven't felt that way in the past, it's just becoming more obvious.
I highly value both. My friends are also my family.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
touch my brother or say something about my parents and prepare to bleed...

though i respect my friends also alot
Page 1 of 2