I've just finished watching season 4 of Sons Of Anarchy, and through the course of the show I noticed that they have at least one 3-6 minute montage per episode, and I think sometimes they have two or three in an episode to make up for the ones that didn't have any.

I'm slightly exaggerating, but the point is, they were so overused that they no longer have any effect on me. Haven't since about the third episode of the first season.

Anybody else notice the overuse of montages in SoA? How about any other movie or tv series? It doesn't have to be about overuse, either. Any abuse will do, eg; 80's trainging montages.
When at the last few seconds of the show they play a song while the characters exchange looks, that no longer has an effect on me.
Quote by tattyreagh
He's the hero The Pit deserves but not the one it needs right now. So, we'll hunt him, because he can take it. Because he's not our hero. He's a silent guardian. A watchful protector. GbAdimDb5m7.

Free Jani92jani

Free Will Swanson
omg i have problems, i read that as mortgage abuse.

yes, the overuse of montages is big (?) in sitcoms (?) damn i need to go to bed.
Quote by GbAdimDb5m7
When at the last few seconds of the show they play a song while the characters exchange looks, that no longer has an effect on me.

Like the end of every Scrubs episode; ever?
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Cold Case.

I rest my... case.

Though they usually got some really fitting and awesome stuff.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5etpVOJEbR4
Quote by Ichikurosaki
sloth is hacking away feebly at the grass because he is a sloth but he was trying so hard ;_; hes all "penguin im HERE i am here to help you penguin"
Perhaps not relevant, but I used to watch Supernatural, and eventually stopped because the format of every episode was the same, and I'd actually be able to time it to see when the next good bit will be Not that Supernatural wasn't good, just that I got bored of it for that
Rotten Playground
Listen to me and Jameh muck about on a podcast
as if you have anything better to do.

Quote by Reverend_Taco
Grass stains on my dicks

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Pfft. Gay? Nah, gay is the manliest sex that exists.
I didn't know montages were supposed to have an effect. But yeah, I just took it as part of the show itself since it's used so often.
Neo Evil11
Quote by jambi_mantra
They let black people on Fox now?

They also let white people into the KFC and the NBA now.
I can't stand the "Previously on Sons of Anarchy... ...GIMMIE BACK MY KID. "

Also, Katey Sagal
return 0;

Quote by jsync
And I've eaten at some of Australia's best pizzerias.

SOUNDCLOUD
. com / fancy-elle
Quote by Niiko
I didn't know montages were supposed to have an effect. But yeah, I just took it as part of the show itself since it's used so often.

Well, everything supposed to have an effect or they wouldn't bother with it.
The only montages I hate are "Previously on..." where they show random clips from like, every single episode in the season.
I guess not but it's still mega annoying.

I also generally dislike "LOL This is our family life" type shit.