Hi

I need a guitar for drop C and Dstd and change between these frequently. Playing metal like Trivium, Parkway Drive etc. Budget up to 1000$, ordering from Thomann.de

My options are :

1: Schecter C-1 Hellraiser - I like it but I'm worried about quality control. I like my binding perfect or none.

2: Charvel Wild Card 8 - Ebony fretboard FTW but only one pickup and floyd...

3: Jackson SLSMG - Looks awesome, I like it but I'm not too sure about the lightweight stuff... I always thought that heavy guitars resonate better(?)

4: ESP LTD EC-1000T - I like the features, and ebony fretboard. But the shorter scale might feel weird as I'm used to 25.5.

ATM I'm really considering EC-1000 as the only les paul shape pick but I'm not so sure about the whole ESP vs LTD situation. I can't afford a genuine ESP, and I want a guitar that will last or many many years. Jackson SLSMG is great too, but superlightweight? I've had a gibson that was 4,4kg heavy and it had sustain that lasted for years.

What do you think? What would you choose?
Have you played any of them?
MY GEAR:
PRS SE Custom 24
Jackson DKA7
Gibson Explorer
MESA/Boogie Express 5:25
BOSS GT-100

BOSS TU-2
Dunlop Cry Baby Classic
BOSS NS-2
VOX Joe Satriani Ice 9 OD Pedal
VOX Joe Satriani Time Machine Delay Pedal
Ernie Ball Strings
V Picks
If you want an LTD more similar to the other ones, look into an MH-1000. Personally I think all the 1000 Series (save for the H-1007) are really gaudy.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400 with Gotoh GE1996T (EMG 85/60)
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
I'd go for the schecter, but thats only because a mate of mine has one and he seems to love it. I've seen him play countless times with it live and its never failed him.
I don't think you could go wrong with any of these. They are all solid and good value, but they have a few different features. For example, the Charvel will have an oiled maple neck - the other ones will be finished in gloss poly. The Charvel also has a Floyd Rose - great if it is what you're after, not so great if you're not going to use it.
"Your signature can not be longer than 250 characters."

How you know you have too many guitars...

Apparently once also known as PonyFan #834553.
The only one of these I have played is the hellraiser, so my opinion may be a bit bias. It has a nice neck on it, the pickups sound great, the quality is actally really good, and it just looks sexy, of course this is just my opinion though. Happy guitar hunting
"When the power of love over comes the love of power the world will know peace."
~Jimi Hendrix
if either of the LTD or the Hellraiser are made in korea then either would be perfect, as they are both made in the same factory, have about the same feel, just different looks. my ltd ec has about the same feeling neck as my schecter classic, not as long(different scales) but the shape is the same. But the hellraiser i have has a bit more bulky neck, little wider then the EC, both are incredibly well built, play super smooth, just down right great guitars. Ive had my hellraiser since 05, hasnt let me down yet, plays like a dream.
Agile AL-3110 Tiger Eye
Schecter C-1 Exotic Star Snow Leopard
Schecter C-1 Classic Blue
Schecter C-1 Hellraiser T-O-M BC
LTD EC-1000 Bright Blue Flame
Bugera 333xl
Laney GH-100L
Laney LC30-II 112
Laney GS212PE w/ V30s
Genz Benz G-Flex 412
nah if anything light guitars resonate better

get either the charvel or the jackson

mij ftw
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Charvel floyds aren't recessed, so you can change tunings ont hem fairly easily. The only thing you have to deal with is the locking nut.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
no need to go as expensive as you can. why not get a B.C.Rich or dean for like 500 and then get a decent amp to match?
Jackson easily dominates.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
I have a peavey 5150 and 4x12 engl cab so my amp is pretty good atm, just looking for a guitar that would serve me for many many years.

I wanted to buy Ibanez rg3550mz but it's too expensive for me atm. I really like either maple or ebony fretboards.
Either the ESP or the Jackson. I would go for the Jackson though. They feel a lot better to me.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
Quote by Random3
The Schecter is perfect for what you need.

They are very well priced guitars as well.

It depends on his location. They're cheap in the US but practically everywhere else, they're overpriced.
Quote by Axelfox
Reeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Quote by H4T3BR33D3R
I also have to do that. Cottaging this weekend
^ +1

if schecters are well-priced in the UK, so are friggin dumbles and klons
I'm an idiot and I accidentally clicked the "Remove all subscriptions" button. If it seems like I'm ignoring you, I'm not, I'm just no longer subscribed to the thread. If you quote me or do the @user thing at me, hopefully it'll notify me through my notifications and I'll get back to you.
Quote by K33nbl4d3
I'll have to put the Classic T models on my to-try list. Shame the finish options there are Anachronism Gold, Nuclear Waste and Aged Clown, because in principle the plaintop is right up my alley.

Quote by K33nbl4d3
Presumably because the CCF (Combined Corksniffing Forces) of MLP and Gibson forums would rise up against them, plunging the land into war.

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
I would go for the jackson or the LTD, I tried them all except the Charvel. I don't really like the feeling of a lot of schecter guitars but that's just a personnal preference. They are all doing great job, just depend of the price and if you love their playing or not. I would also consider some Ibanez if they are avaible near you. Iceman's and the "new" X series is doing a great job too.
Quote by oneblackened
If you want an LTD more similar to the other ones, look into an MH-1000. Personally I think all the 1000 Series (save for the H-1007) are really gaudy.

+1 for the MH-1000, I currently own one and love it
i could be wrong, but i doubt it

lighter normally (i think) equals more resonance. so it just depends on what you prefer.

I like light (within reason).
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?
Okay we have one guitar out of the competition. Thomann.de has ran out of the Jacksons SLSMG's.

So its C-1 Hellraiser taking the lead now. The only thing that I worry about is the quality control. Is 2011/2012 Schecter C-1 hellraiser made in Indonesia? I've seen south korea, but there are pictures on the internet with C-1's made in indonesia... This is probably the worst possible turn-off for me for a guitar that costs nearly 1400$ where I live.

Also - I've seen that returns on LTD EC-1000 occur very often. This is not a good sign. EC-1000 also made in indonesia these days?
i'd rather have the ec1000 or wild card myself.
I wondered why the frisbee was getting bigger, then it hit me.
Quote by HSB_Shred
+1 for the MH-1000, I currently own one and love it

the mh-1000 is nice .

forget the charvel with floyd rose if you switch between tuning

But if you like Ebony fretboard and 25.5 scale ( superstrat ).. maybe check out the LTD JH-600 ( jeff hannemen /slayer signature model , if you dont care you guitar to be a signature model .)

very sweet guitar .

ebony fretboard roxx . it look and feel a lot better than rosewood IMO .

http://www.musiciansfriend.com/guitars/esp-ltd-jh-600-jeff-hanneman-signature-series-electric-guitar
Bedroom rock star :

- Gibson Les paul Standard 2001 Honeyburst .
- Agile 3200 Slim
Last edited by Skysc at Feb 10, 2012,
Quote by MvAgusta
Okay we have one guitar out of the competition. Thomann.de has ran out of the Jacksons SLSMG's.

they might get them back in
Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by K33nbl4d3

Quote by T00DEEPBLUE
Et tu, br00tz?