Page 1 of 2
So, I don't mean to offend anybody but I just want to see everybody's opinion on Scene bands.

I don't care if I step on anybody's toes, so here I go.

Scene music is all the same. You got a little open drop-d speed picking, then a little riff on the A string around the 7th fret, then a lil bit more drop-d speed picking, a breakdown, etc.

How do you go to a concert, in your skinny jeanz and your Andy Sixx garb, and just stand around and text and talk to other scene kids until the breakdown and you start doing some kind of crazy air-jujitsu? What ever happened to real moshing? Music is about unity, and when you go to a scene concert, that is exactly what you get. A big ole pile of crap.

If anybody has any other opinions, please state them in a civilized manner, as I did above.
This isn't relevant to pop punk or emo in the slightest, and if that's civil, I'd hate to see you being rude.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
Dunno, we don't really have a forum for total crap. You could post it on your blog?
What smb said.
Quote by Captain Toshiro
Sorry, kinda new to the forums. What heading would this thread be appropriate under?

My point was that the genre you're describing is neither pop punk nor emo.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by Captain Toshiro
Okay, so you don't have a scene forum?

Scene isn't a genre of music.
Quote by Captain Toshiro
Sorry, kinda new to the forums. What heading would this thread be appropriate under?

None, because you've not formed a discussion point, just an opinion. Fine on your blog, not so fine on a forum.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by smb
Dunno, we don't really have a forum for total crap. You could post it on your blog?

That made me giggle for some reason
My Gear:
BC Rich Gunslinger Retro Blade
Vintage V100 Paradise + SD Alnico Pro Slash APH-2's
1963 Burns Short Scale Jazz Guitar
Dean Performer Florentine
Bugera 6260
Orange Micro Terror + cab
Digitech Bad Monkey
Zoom G2G
Quote by ChemicalFire
None, because you've not formed a discussion point, just an opinion. Fine on your blog, not so fine on a forum.

Clap your hands for the forum police.

Ignore it if it bothers you.

...and I have yet to hear a "scene" band, but I have yet to hear a "hipster" band.
Cool, but what's scene?

And also

Quote by Captain Toshiro
So, I don't mean to offend anybody

I don't care if I step on anybody's toes, so here I go.

Wut even. Stop doing things, okay?
Last edited by TextOnTheScreen at Feb 5, 2012,
I agree, "Scene" bands are a bunch of ******s that wear womens jeans and whine about every little "problem" they are facing in their life. They got that way because they never listened to Pantera as kids.
Last edited by JoryL at Feb 5, 2012,
Quote by TextOnTheScreen
Cool, but what's scene?

They're not emo at all. Pretty soon, they'll go to college and become a hipster.
Quote by Buck's Student

Ignore it if it bothers you.

...and I have yet to hear a "scene" band, but I have yet to hear a "hipster" band.

Ugggghhhh, that last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense at all.
Quote by Andrew C. S.
Ugggghhhh, that last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense at all.

Neither does that one. "Ugh" is not a word, and "That last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense at all" is laughable.

I realize what you're doing, but it's not going to work.

You're derailing the thread, so please do not continue.
Quote by JoryL
I agree, "Scene" bands are a bunch of ******s that wear womens jeans and whine about everything little "problem" they are facing in their life. They got that way because they never listened to Pantera as kids.

Pantera is hardly any better.

Why would you even make a thread like this in a Pop Punk & Emo forum? Actually, why would you make a thread like this in a forum anyway?
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
Quote by SumFX
Pantera is hardly any better.

Why would you even make a thread like this in a Pop Punk & Emo forum? Actually, why would you make a thread like this in a forum anyway?

Hey, man, don't hold back. Let everyone know your opinion of a band that has nothing to do with this section or thread.

He made it because Scene and Emo are the same damn thing, but what he failed to realize is that there are no Scene bands.
Quote by Buck's Student

He made it because Scene and Emo are the same damn thing, but what he failed to realize is that there are no Scene bands.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ge8ucvLYLRc

Does not equal

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jXut97F2Qew

That would be like saying that Burzum and Pantera are the same things.
Quote by Buck's Student
Neither does that one. "Ugh" is not a word, and "That last sentence didn't make any grammatical sense at all" is laughable.

I realize what you're doing, but it's not going to work.

I'm just trying to help you bro. You don't have to be a dick about it. The reason I posted something was because I didn't understand what you were saying.
Quote by Buck's Student

You don't know where the term "emo" originates, do you?

Also, this is a troll thread guys: just report it and leave.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Quote by Buck's Student

Since were on a music website, Emo and 'scene' have no relevance to each other. Emo is a genre of music that started in the 90's and 'scene' is just some teenage trend that came about a few years ago.
Do You Want To See My Cotton Panties?
Quote by Buck's Student

Quote by Buck's Student

I bet your breath smells of smegma.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by Banjocal
You don't know where the term "emo" originates, do you?

Yes, I do. I'm assuming that since we're on Ultimate Guitar, we're probably not talking about Dismemberment Plan, though.

...and to the person who put comparison videos up, I never said there was a Scene sound. I was talking about Emo fashion and Scene fashion.

Read, people. Please, read.
Quote by Buck's Student
I was talking about Emo fashion and Scene fashion.

Again, you're wrong.

It's like you're making a conscious effort to be ignorant.

Either that or you're just a slightly below average troll.
Quote by emoboy027
Is fingering an emo chick that likes yoy and that has fallen in love with you is it wrong to you to finger her during lunch outside in front of everyone at the high school? would you not care or lol even wish it was you?

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa
Again, you're wrong.

It's like you're making a conscious effort to be ignorant.

Either that or you're just a slightly below average troll.

You shouldn't say things like that when you're looking at the mirror. You might hurt your own feelings.

Please. Give me a break. If you think that Emo, as a fashion scene, did not evolve into Scene, you need to update your prescription.
Quote by Buck's Student
You shouldn't say things like that when you're looking at the mirror. You might hurt your own feelings.

Please. Give me a break. If you think that Emo, as a fashion scene, did not evolve into Scene, you need to update your prescription.

What is this?
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Quote by nashawa

What is this?

An arrangement of words, put into sentences, also known as English.

So, while you're putting on your skin tight, purple jeans, pick up a book while your balls go inside your body.
Quote by Buck's Student

So, while you're putting on your skin tight, purple jeans, pick up a book while your balls go inside your body.

Oh god, I think I'm gonna have to sig this.
Quote by emoboy027

Youztoobz
MIDI Magicalness!
Emo = 90's Hardcore

Scene = Generic Breakdown Band #3

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by Buck's Student
Yes, I do. I'm assuming that since we're on Ultimate Guitar, we're probably not talking about Dismemberment Plan, though.

...and to the person who put comparison videos up, I never said there was a Scene sound. I was talking about Emo fashion and Scene fashion.

Read, people. Please, read.
Emo refers to Emotive Hardcore (which IIRC then lead to Screamo), not Emo as in MCR, or indeed for that matter, Screamo as in Black Veil Brides. I might have that a little wrong as Hardcore isn't a genre I'm massively informed on, but there's a rough sketch.

EDIT: I thought this might've been a troll.
they're coming to take me away
ha-haaa
Last edited by Banjocal at Feb 5, 2012,
Quote by Buck's Student

Who's the one derailing the thread now? I thought we were talking about music.

Stop being a hypocrite.
Page 1 of 2