I want a red guitar but the Fiesta red seems more orange in most of the videos ive watched. The candy apple seems too dark as well.

My guitar center is like an hour away, id hate to drive all the way there just to look at colors.
Fiesta Red will indeed look more 'orangey' or 'pinkish' depending on its age/finish type/manufacturers mix. There's a really interesting article here on Fender colours and how they applied them: http://home.provide.net/~cfh/fenderc.html
Gear:
Fender AVRI '62 Jazzmaster, Fender Gold Sparkle Strat (custom), Custom Swirled Roswell Rhoads
Marshall DSL15H, Weber Speakers, Fender Champs (x2),
'63 Fender Reverb, Mosrite Fuzzrite, Joe Bonamassa Fuzz Face, Whiteface RAT
Vintage Tubes!
I have a fiesta red coloured strat. I really like the colour and I don't think it seems orange :3 But maybe I'm wrong, gotta check with my doctor :s
for me, this pic represents an actual Candy Apple red strat.

and this one represents a true Fiesta Red (coral)

what are you looking for color wise? a brighter red?
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
Quote by jj1565
for me, this pic represents an actual Candy Apple red strat.

and this one represents a true Fiesta Red (coral)

what are you looking for color wise? a brighter red?
Oh, I think I'm messing up with Fiesta red and Candy apple red. My strat look like the first one. Sry :3
Candy Apple Red is gorgeous, it actually looks like a candy you will love to try.

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
I don't own any, but I've seen all the Fender red finishes in person at one time or another.

Fiesta Red is a muted, almost pastel, red. The newer Fiesta Red finishes, especially on the cheaper guitars, are slightly orange to simulate the way vintage Fiesta Red Fenders look now that their clear coats have yellowed. Newer Fenders have a poly finish so they shouldn't yellow any further.

Candy Apple Red is a transparent red sprayed over a metallic gold paint, though I think some of the newer models are sprayed over silver paint. It is quite dark when viewed face-on but the angles look super bright and in sunlight it looks very sparkly.

There's also Dakota Red, which is quite a dark and strong-looking red. Candy Cola is like a darker version of Candy Apple Red. Finally there's Hot Rod Red, which is the most plain bright red finish.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
To me, the analogy of dakota red: fiesta red is similar to seafoam green: surf green and daphne blue: sonic blue.

None of these colors are metallic looking whereas candy apple red has a metallic sheen to it. It's in the same kind of finish category as Lake Placid blue or Shoreline gold. I used to own a fiesta red strat. It was a great color and it really has a vintage strat vibe, I'd love to replace it at some point. I'm not a big fan of candy apple red. I'm not huge on any of those types of finishes.

Here is a rough guide that gives a pretty accurate depiction of the colors.

http://reranchstore.stores.yahoo.net/fencuscol.html
Last edited by al112987 at Feb 5, 2012,
Don't forget transparent crimson red, like my HW1 . Love that color with satin finish!

Mesa Royal Atlantic
Orange Rocker 15
Marshall Class 5C
Emperor 4x12 Silver Bells
Yamaha THR10
PRS Swamp Ash Limited Custom 24
LTD Viper 500 with Duncans
i had a red tele (IIRC tele may have been strat, i have had a lot of both and it was a while ago), and literally just seemed to change tone of the color red in regard to the way light hit it, (i am not an idiot, no it wasn't metallic). kind of weird. i would consider it to be a wine red or something if such were to exist.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
^Wine Red Teles do exist, so that was probably it.
Actually, I go by Dave, but there are already too many Daves on this forum.

Fender MIM Stratocaster
Fender Jaguar Bass
Epiphone EJ200 Super Jumbo
Fender Excelsior 13w
Acoustic B300HD (with matching 1x12 cab)
BOSS BD-2W
NYC Big Muff Pi
Quote by kangaxxter
^Wine Red Teles do exist, so that was probably it.

probably. lol. i guess that was accurate they are beautiful though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Always wanted a Candy Apple Red Jaguar - the model with the matching headstock.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I have a fiesta red strat and a candy apple red jazzmaster.

those images above sum up the differences between them pretty well
Rig Winter 2017:

Fender Jazzmaster/Yamaha SG1000
Boss TU-3, DS-2, CS-3, EHX small stone, Danelectro delay
Laney VC30-112 with G12H30 speaker, or Session Rockette 30 for smaller gigs
Elixir Nanoweb 11-49 strings, Dunlop Jazz III XL picks
Shure SM57 mic in front of the amp
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
I have a beautiful looking Fender Mustang Special in Candy Apple Red. I think CAR looks much smarter than fiesta red.
Last edited by BigSmokeDawg at Feb 9, 2012,