Had this idea sitting in my head for awhile, so I did a quick recording and did a rough mix of it, fun little solo to play. Nothing shreddy, the time signature and tempo and overall mood of this piece called for something more vocal, check it out and let me know what you think.

Also, wondering if I should harmonize any of this, didnt plan to but maybe it would sound more colorful that way?

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=JFz6N0GKsv0&feature=g-upl&context=G2205e3fAUAAAAAAAAAA
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Solo sounds good, the picking before/during sounds kinda off.
Its an odd count, its 16th notes but its mainly patterns of three, so it rarely falls on any strong accent.

The 13/16 is counted as: 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2-3, 1-2, 1-2

Thanks for the feedback! And funny you should mention Damage Inc, been listening to MoP a lot lately. Do you mean fade in before the solo, or the whole piece, there is another 1:00 of stuff before the where the video starts, I just excluded it.
Lascaille's Shroud

Progressive Cosmic Death Metal

Facebook
YouTube
Soundcloud

You only exist because we allow it,
And you will end because we demand it.
Sounds good man. I liked the tone and the overall sound. Good job, especially working with the odd time signatures, I'm pretty hopeless with them! What did you use to make the intro, like the first 30 seconds?