A|-------------------11h12h14-14p12p11-12h14h15-15p14p12-------------------|
E|-10h12h13-13p12p10-------------------------------------------------------|

e|-------------------------------------------------------16h17h19-19p17p16-|
B|-------------------------------------15h17h18-18p17p15-------------------|
G|-13h14h16-16p14p13-14h16h17-17p16p14-------------------------------------|
D|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
A|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|
E|-------------------------------------------------------------------------|

I've been playing for year and a half and I can't exactly play this lick like this.. I can play it if I alternate pick every not so its like 10-12-13 13-12-13 it sounds almost the same yet it doesn't cause it doesn't have that fluidity. How should I practice legato? Feels like I cna play this lick every day for 10hrs a day and still wouldn't improve in speed. I'm also having problems with pulling off multiple strings like 13p12p10 I don't get the good sound out of it :/

Also in this lick whats the correct way to pick it? Do you pick 2 times per string? So you pick when hammering and pulling off or you pick once hammer and then pull of without picking again?
In the eye of the tornado , blow me away!
Last edited by Voodoosnake at Feb 5, 2012,
I would pick the first note and every third note after that. Otherwise, there's gonna be very little differentiation, if any at all, between those notes.
Quote by Geldin
I would pick the first note and every third note after that. Otherwise, there's gonna be very little differentiation, if any at all, between those notes.

Yeah I know but I can't get it to speed no way, and I think I don't have correct pulling off technique.
In the eye of the tornado , blow me away!
Have you looked at Justin Sandercore's lessons? His videos are very good for basic technique. Here's a link:
http://justinguitar.com/en/RO-011-Legato1.php

Freepower also has some good youtube videos. His exercises tend to be quite punishing and do a good job of building technique and coordination.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=89ICrLfbG9I&feature=plcp&context=C384e71fUDOEgsToPDskLP6QRBRww9aRPOFmK5wPSl
It looks like the pattern is "pick-hammer-hammer-pick-pull-pull". It seems the trickiest part would be changing strings. As for pull-offs, make sure you keep your second, third, and fourth fingers fairly parallel to the fretboard, play near or on the tips of your fingers, and make sure your fingers are making quick movements when they actually pull off. I think your fingers should snap off the string more than pull-off of them.