My ibanez now has no sound through the pickups. I found the source of the problem a broken wire between the output jack and the pickup cavity. Here are some pics.

Does anyone have any ideas on how to fix it.
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
solder it back into place
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate

solder the two wires back onto the lugs.

black wire on the inner most lug.

if you only see one wire, that usually means that two wires are inside that
thick gray wire in your pic.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Set up Questions? ...Q & A Thread

Recognised by the Official EG/GG&A/GB&C WTLT Lists 2011
The two wire are soldered pretty well to the jack. there is a break in the grey wire near them though it can be seen in the first picture
Quote by Lord_Doku
The entire Spider line sounds like a trashcan getting humped by a fire truck while it's in the garbage disposal unit.

Basically...
Yes, just solder it back. There are millions upon millions of diagrams on the output jack itself on google
???
Is there a certain type of wire to use to resolder it since it broke where if i tried to solder it I would burn my guitar.
Quote by Lord_Doku

Basically...
so the wire snapped in half?

open the back cavity, look at where the wire attaches.

estimate the length needed from pot to jack.

go to Radio shack, show them the wire, to get a similar gauge.
different colors help, and better not to go too thin.

and cut a couple of lengths that length and solder from pot lugs to jack lugs.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62
Jenny needs to sow her wild oats with random Gibsons and Taylors she picks up in bars before she settles down with a PRS.

Yeah it snapped right in half. I will try to look for the wire since I have to buy some solder anyway.
Quote by Lord_Doku

Basically...
Quote by Jesse0315
Yeah it snapped right in half. I will try to look for the wire since I have to buy some solder anyway.

22 awg wire is cheap.

also, a soldering iron kit will have the ~35 watt iron and some 60/40 rosin solder.

instructions on the pack.

find a little razor or wire stripper, snipper to help. (something in your garage will work)

the job will take a few mins and cost less than $20.
Jenneh

Quote by TNfootballfan62

Quote by Jesse0315

Its .22 guage stranded.
Ninja'd.