Just found these guys, really stunning music. It's like Agalloch meets the score to a Yimou Zhang movie. They're Ukranian and have a violinist... can't really do them justice with words alone so listen to them yourself:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=y4uaPSRqNV4

Their 2011 album Auora can be downloaded for free here:

http://www.nicewingsicarus.com.ua/wp-content/uploads/Aurora.rar
Last edited by \m/Gaz at Feb 5, 2012,
I like this quite a bit, but I don't think this qualifies as metal. I don't know where else it would go though.
Yeah I know it's not exactly metal but I don't see it fitting anywhere else and I feel that most of the people who would listen to and appreciate it would be people who listen to metal... meh, I've seen a few borderline bands get away with it in the past so thought I'd sneak it in here haha
I'll leave it here, despite the fact that the name alone almost gave me a rage-induced aneurysm. Sounds like the name of a fucking reggae pub band comprised of all surfers.
Quote by Ultraussie
I want to try that while playing the opening riff to "Tempting Time".

0-0-0-13-0-0-0-0-13 or something like that alalalala but It;s so heavy and off time and awesome and you could not f**k anyone to it.

Quote by Ingested
burzum IS nazi. well, varg is.
Name is truly horrific but I actually enjoyed that a lot, they've got something going for them
Quote by justinb904
im more of a social godzilla than chameleon

Quote by MetalMessiah665
Alright, I'll give them a try, Japanese Black Speed rarely disappoints.

Quote by azzemojo
Hmm judging from your pic you'd fit in more with a fat busted tribute.
I love these guys, I didn't think they would get a thread in the metal forum though

Awful name, they are Ukrainian so maybe it sounds better in Russian.
In my heart I'm with you

every night
Quote by Stranglehold
I'll leave it here, despite the fact that the name alone almost gave me a rage-induced aneurysm. Sounds like the name of a fucking reggae pub band comprised of all surfers.

im going to imagine this name said in a really stereotypical white boy voice now

this is actually really cool though. Very dramatic, almost theatrical sounding. I almost always love the sound of violins, even if its in some misplaced bs like yellowcard
Something definitely did get lost in translation. It's not metal at all, more post-rock though I doubt it'd get much recognition in the post-rock thread wherever that may be
I thought it seemed more like a shitty hipster name than anything.

'The Gothenberg Address' and 'Spook the Horses' are in the related videos. Judging by name alone, the three could go on the most hip tour ever.

I actually am listening to it now, though. Good stuff.

EDIT:
**** this is awesome. I'm glad I gave it a chance. I mean, I was only joking with my last post, but it could have very nearly been true.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOyrFIIfyUg&feature=related
Last edited by Butt Rayge at Feb 5, 2012,
Whats up with the download link? Its just a huge wall of text in Russian or something

I've slit the throats of clergymen and governors
Those bloated swine...
May their screams unhinge a thankless crown

<= last.fm

Quote by Butt Rayge

Everyone is cunts.
This is reminds me a little bit of Devin Townsend Band's 'Ghost' album with moments of Baroness chucked into it. I quite like it. Actually scratch that, this is very good. Nice find!

How did you hear about them?
'Thine Eyes Bleed':

Quote by CSguitarvocal
More like... Thine Butthole Bleeds... from all the gay sex you have!!! Ahahaha!

Quote by Butt Rayge
Fuck off already, you fucking faggot fuck.

amidoinitrite?

Quote by DeAd-RiP
I don't care for slipknot unless I'm so drunk I don't care about anything.
this is really good. but i have changed their name to deathcorpse entrail rope in my itunes.
Quote by Magero
I am a deathcore musician. I am above mere mortal minds.
If you download the album and listen to "kids vs. machinery", I'd definitely consider that metal.

Ridiculous amounts of hatred for the name here

I found them while youtubing, going related video to related video and these guys really stood out
I forgot about this band,but they had some killer tunes from what I remember

“Who are you then?.."
"- I am part of that power which eternally wills evil and eternally works good.”
KULTURKAMPF
lastFM
Quote by ambivalent615
this is really good. but i have changed their name to deathcorpse entrail rope in my itunes.

um

i like your sig quote as well
I should be going and eating breakfast before my set of lectures and classes today... but fuck I don't want to move from my PC because of this music...

DAMN YOU ALL!
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Glad to see people are getting past the name and giving them a go

The violin at about 5:30 in Mastodon always gets me, these guys have made me seriously consider learning violin