If you see a funny post by someone whose name you don't recognize, do you go on his or her profile? And if so, what do you look at there? Do you listen to recordings, check photos or whatevs?
Reason I'm asking is I'm still fairly new here and I don't know if it's worth it to put any effort into my profile. If I upload pictures will people care to see them? How many plays would I get on that piece of music I could record and upload? Thus I am interested in; do you go on other forum users' profiles? And if so, what do you check?
When UG profiles first came out, it was Vastly popular amongst the community.

Now, however, they seem rather unused.

But yes, I still look at profiles but I have removed all of my recordings.
Quote by Seth Shadows
When UG profiles first came out, it was Vastly popular amongst the community.

Now, however, they seem rather unused.

But yes, I still look at profiles but I have removed all of my recordings.

How come?
Unless you're profoundly stupid or hilarious there's a 0 percent chance I will visit your profile.

Then again I've gotten a lot of profile views and I don't do anything notable, so who knows.
Quote by RU Experienced?
Unless you're profoundly stupid or hilarious there's a 0 percent chance I will visit your profile.

Then again I've gotten a lot of profile views and I don't do anything notable, so who knows.

So in that one in a million situation where you visit someone's profile, what do you do on there?
I don't use it that much. Sometimes to send messages etc. I have made my profile public tuesday or something and apparently 73 people have visited it, so some people do.
Quote by Carmel
I can't believe you are whoring yourself out like that.

ಠ_ಠ
Quote by Hiterto
So in that one in a million situation where you visit someone's profile, what do you do on there?

If it's a stupid person I check their biography and birth date as well as what they list as their favorite bands/shows, etc. so I can stereotype people in the future with similar interests.

If it's someone funny I'll check their bio and maybe see if they have any blog posts or similar interests to me in books or something of that sort.

Edit: I also do click on the music people put up to see if they have any chops or taste.
I like going on other people's profiles to see what bands and/or guitarists they like, that way I can judge them for having inferior musical tastes.
No, but some kid has taken a particular liking to me. I don't mind, he's left me a nice arsenal of 5-star ratings for my MP3's! Oh and commented on every single track