I've been wanting to get an 8-string guitar for a while now and the ones I've been looking at and considering the most are the Ibanez RGA8 and 8-strings made by Agile.

Are either of these good choices?

Any others you'd suggest?

Any input would be greatly appreciated.
The RGA8 is pretty sweet.

Though I believe the Agile would be on the same level on quality, and you can snag a sweet 8 from Agile for cheaper.

What's your budget? What are you looking for in terms of body shape, scale length, etc?
I've never played an Agile, but they've got better prices, similar quality (if this board is to be believed), similar specs, and more options than Ibanez has. I'd look pretty seriously at them, if only for the broader number of options.
My budget's around $1000, I don't want to spend too much on something, I've got other things I need my money for.
I've always heard the Agiles are good quality, but I've never been able to find a place that had any to try out. But the fact that they're cheaper is nice.
For a little bit more money, you might be able to find a used RG2228. Its quality blows the RGA8 and Agile out of the water. But again, it also depends on what specs you want. If I had access to their return policy, I'd try my luck on an Agile.
Ibanez RG2228 w/ EMG808Xs | Line 6 POD HD500 | Mackie HD1221
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
I have an Agile Septor 828. It's pretty decent. I threw some D-Activators and the tone of this guitar slays. It's not the highest quality, but for the price it can't really be beat. I've played 3 RGA8's and while they were decent, they werent as nice as the few Agile 8's I've played. I've played my Agile 8, a friends custom Agile 830 intrepid and his old Septor 828.
828 is definitely the best choice in my opinion.
Guitars:
Ibanez UV777P
Ibanez RGD2127FX
Ibanez RG3120TW
Ibanez RGD7321
Ibanez RG6003FM
Ibanez SA160
Jackson Slatxmg3-7
Amps:
Baron Custom Amps K88
Rivera Knucklehead TRE
Fryette Sig: X
Randall RM4 /w Modded modules
Cabs:
Mesa 4x12
Bogner 4x12
Peavey 4x12(K85s)
honestly,as of recent when i look into 7's or 8's, i tend to be drawn to Agiles, Ibby's, and carvins.

in your case, i think i would pick the agile because u have the options colors or those flames. also since your picking it up cheaper then the ibby would be, u can get some pickups of your choosing xD
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED
Quote by Draconis93
I have to admit, I do like the Agiles the most. They just look better. I think that's what I'm going to go ahead and get.

enjoy man, looking forward to a NGD! :P
Quote by kangaxxter
The only real answer to the SG vs Les Paul debate is to get a Flying V and laugh at all the suckers who don't have one.

Quote by Blompcube

if you embrace inaccurate intonation it can be quite arousing.

I <3 TWEED