Page 1 of 4
Many metal fans are just douchebags, or closed minded turds. How can I say such a thing when I'm a metal fan myself? Here's my reasons:

No respect for any other metal style and usually deem that metal crappy because it's not what they like. I.E. "F*** death metal, stupid screaming s***. Doom Metal ftw". Or when someone post something about a Christian metal band, the comments are loaded with Christian metal not being as good just because it's Christian. I'd personally take Demon Hunter over GoblinCock any day.
Many metal fans hate other metal bands and that's why metal is not widespread. Granted, if fans didn't hate other metal bands, it wouldn't be as widespread as pop or rap, but more bands would be noticed. You never hear a pop fan talk about how they love Taylor Swift and hate Justin Beiberz. They almost always like all the artists, but dislike certain songs. In metal, if a band is Christian, many fans automatically say it sucks without even listening to it. Or maybe a power metal band is too "gay" for you? Just because they don't sound like an 80 year old smoker doesn't mean they can't be good.

This is not every metal fan, this is just from what I see a lot. I don't like death metal, but I give them props and respect because they took the time to learn something different. (Growling, drums, guitars, bass, whatever else) vs. a DJ and autotune.

Note: I like many kinds of metal. Power Metal - Divinefire, Dragonforce (which are bashed a lot for no true reason besides their guitarists can play faster than you, Heavy Metal - Black Sabbath, Judas Priest, Christian Metal - Demon Hunter, Mehida, Metalcore - August Burns Red and many more different kinds. Why do metal fans act like such kids though? What is the reasoning behind "METALICA 4THEWIN IF U DUN LIEK THEN UR GEY N U SCK" Replace Metallica with anything as well, it's just Metallica fans, nor all Metallica fans.

I'm not trying to point out certain types of fans of bands, or styles, but fans of metal. Just wondering why can't we give anything a chance? I don't naturally listen to metalcore, but I gave ABR a chance just because and ended up liking them. Why can't you?
-Godin Freeway SA
-Vox Night Train NT50H
-Boss Volume Pedal
-Ibanez Sweeping Demon
-Hardwire Tube Overdrive
-Hardwire Valve Distortion
u mad bro?
Quote by Cathbard
You don't need epic tone in the bedroom any more than you need mood lighting to masturbate.

Oh he mad
Quote by ErikLensherr
Don't belittle it like that, your mom produces top quality stuff.

C4C
[thread="1339859"]Hammerhead[/thread]
[thread="1341152"]Anglerfish[/thread]

VOTE
Thrustor: 2012
Quote by Kajinaga
Why can't you?

I can, that's why I discover new genres.

Granted, I don't really listen to anything outside metal except for guitar virtuoso/instrumental rock/shred, some prog and some rock but I wouldn't say I am closed minded. I know what I like, and I know what I don't like.
Yea I have a friend who says "Heavymetalisthebestpopisgay" and it's kinda annoying.
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
I find myself in agreement with you, TS. Most metal fans are ****ing idiots.
Check out my band Disturbed
Also semi-related, why do bands brand themselves as Christian Metal or Christian Rock??

Surely the only difference between a metal band and a christian metal band is that some of the lyrics may be religious in some way? That doesn't affect the music at all, that would be like having fantasy metal or love metal or fight metal or something.
Quote by Random3
Also semi-related, why do bands brand themselves as Christian Metal or Christian Rock??

Surely the only difference between a metal band and a christian metal band is that some of the lyrics may be religious in some way? That doesn't affect the music at all, that would be like having fantasy metal or love metal or fight metal or something.

Or Viking Metal.

Wait
Here's a tip, bro. If is somebody is actually lame enough to call themselves a metal head, they're probably not open minded enough to think like you do.
Why I dislike people who can't distinguish between a private blog and a public forum thread:

because you're stupid

...modes and scales are still useless.

Quote by PhoenixGRM
Hey guys could you spare a minute to Vote for my band. Go to the site Search our band Listana with CTRL+F for quick and vote Thank you .
Quote by sam b
Voted for Patron Çıldırdı.

Thanks
Quote by PhoenixGRM
But our Band is Listana
I hate metal heads because i don't consider MOST metal to be good music. Judas priest and sabbath and the only acceptable forms of metal. Take your growling , shredding , tapping , palm -muting , screaming , speed playing , power chords and atonal sh!te and f*ck off.

..good
Most metal fans I know only listen to metal, but if I show them another genre they usually at the least don't bash it and give it a shot. I don't know many "**** everything else, besides metal" type of people.
Quote by burghUK
I hate metal heads because i don't consider MOST metal to be good music. Judas priest and sabbath and the only acceptable forms of metal. Take your growling , shredding , tapping , palm -muting , screaming , speed playing , power chords and atonal sh!te and f*ck off.

..good

I think the word you're searching for is 'dissonant'. What a pro.
Quote by burghUK

..good

So you hate metal fans because you don't like metal?

You sound like the kind of person TS is bitching about.
Quote by Random3

I don't think these band mean that "christian metal" or "christian rock," not that many bands refer to themselves this way. It's usually the fans. I think what's meant is that the genre is "metal" or "rock" and the band happens to be collectively christian.
I love metal , but I have to absolutely agree with you TS.

Most metal fans are closed minded elitists who will miss many great bands just because of the label they themselves put on those bands. They label everything they hate as ''core'' without even actually knowing what the core genre really is, and this goes for all genres, even symphonic metal or power metal.

I don't like every music that is shown to me, but I at least will give it a listen or two.

EDIT : at this guy who says shit about palm-muting when Judas Priest , an ''acceptable'' band he mentions abuses palm muting.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Last edited by Good_Lord at Feb 5, 2012,
Quote by burghUK

..good

If you're not trolling, then I honestly suggest you just sell all of your instruments ASAP. You're not going to get anywhere with this kind of attitude.
While I do hate certain metal genres (pretty much anything that's death or "core that's called metal) I have given them a shot, and would rather listen to that than what I do now if I couldn't.

It's really disgusting in local music scenes. People just openly hate on each other. I hate most of the bands music I play with but I don't go out of my way to trash them. They seem to have no problem with picking fights(sometimes physical) because I'm not knocking of Metallica and not in the death metal section.

Everyone hates, it's natural, but people give themselves an elitist demeanor towards anything they're not. We even have some replying in this thread lul
Quote by Good_Lord
I love metal , but I have to absolutely agree with you TS.

Most metal fans are closed minded elitists who will miss many great bands just because of the label they themselves put on those bands. They label everything they hate as ''core'' without even actually knowing what the core genre really is, and this goes for all genres, even symphonic metal or power metal.

I don't like every music that is shown to me, but I at least will give it a listen or two.

I totally agree with the -core thing. Sure there are more -core subgenres than there need to be but that doesn't mean they are all terrible.
Quote by Random3
I totally agree with the -core thing. Sure there are more -core subgenres than there need to be but that doesn't mean they are all terrible.

Yes and they use the -core genre just like they would use a '' I hate this shit'' folder on their computer, plus they keep using it on bands that are not included in the said genre.
- - - - - - - - - - -
metal fans get a bad wrap

its the same as anything in life

the people who talk the most shit know **** all

deathcore IS a ****ing joke though
**** those metalheads with their own opinions and such! Preposterous!

We all got opinions, anyone who doesnt like the bands I like, I give em a couple songs to listen to. They still dont like em? Ok, thats fine.. I still like em, thats all I care about. And I dont bash bands unless people are pushing it into my ear (whether it be phone, xbox mic, headphones, etc). Everybody I hang with knows my musical tastes, they dont force music on me.

Also, there are 2 types of metalheads.
The ones that listen to it for the darkness, the ones that try to be scary-looking or try to look badass.
And the ones that are fans of the power that metal music has. The ones that are just fans of the music.

New upcoming Metal nowadays has gone from misfits playing outsider music, to giant dickheads that just want to look cool. And now people would rather listen to Justin Beiber than todays metal. Shows how sh*tty its become.
ESP LTD m400
Peavey Vypyr 30 w/ Sanpera I
Dunlop Crybaby Wah pedal
ISP Decimator

"Dream big, and dare to fail. I dare you to do that." - James Hetfield, HoF Speech, 09
Quote by dazed60
metal fans get a bad wrap

its the same as anything in life

the people who talk the most shit know **** all

deathcore IS a ****ing joke though

I have this same view. It's obviously my opinion, but I still feel it. The worst is people who refuse to hate because it's "wrong".

BTW there are so many sub-genres because metal fans are too cocky to call things "metal". They need 353465241 sub-genres so they can stand out.
Sorry I just posted a few times in the last minutes, but I have to say that midnitehaze's post is gold.
- - - - - - - - - - -
Quote by MidniteHaze
**** those metalheads with their own opinions and such! Preposterous!

We all got opinions, anyone who doesnt like the bands I like, I give em a couple songs to listen to. They still dont like em? Ok, thats fine.. I still like em, thats all I care about. And I dont bash bands unless people are pushing it into my ear (whether it be phone, xbox mic, headphones, etc). Everybody I hang with knows my musical tastes, they dont force music on me.

Also, there are 2 types of metalheads.
The ones that listen to it for the darkness, the ones that try to be scary-looking or try to look badass.
And the ones that are fans of the power that metal music has. The ones that are just fans of the music.

New upcoming Metal nowadays has gone from misfits playing outsider music, to giant dickheads that just want to look cool. And now people would rather listen to Justin Beiber than todays metal. Shows how sh*tty its become.

Holy **** yes. Online microphones = easy way to get told off for your music. I'm not playing MW3/BF3 to hear someone elses music cranked.
I'm a metal fan that is open to most kinds of music and so are most if not every other metal fan I know. I've actually never met anyone who only likes metal. I must be in the minority here, because there was a thread just like this yesterday.
ITT: Nothing worth reading.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Yamaha Pacifica 112
Alvarez SLM
Orange Dark Terror
Orange PPC212OB 2x12 cab
Yamaha P-85 Keyboard
why do metal bands have singers? none of them actually have a decent voice or style.
Page 1 of 4