Hey guys,

So I did an electronics class in high school, and due to the teacher being awful, I've forgotten everything I learnt. (His fault, honest... )

So, here's what I'm looking to do. I want a pedal that can switch between two amp outputs, and at the same time switch between two pedal loops. One loop will be distortion pedals, and the other will be clean effects. One amp will be for distortion, the other clean (It's different channels on a Twin, but anyway).

So, I was thinking that a DPDT switch, the top leg(?) would be distortion loop, second leg would be clean loop, third leg distortion amp, fourth leg clean amp. This makes sense on a diagram, but I just don't know if it really works.

Any input is appriciated!

Edit: I'm a total idiot. If I use an A/B box, A runs from my guitar to dist pedals, to input 1. Same for clean channel. Just read this on a different forum. Whilst you're here, any problems with this?
Last edited by DeadlySurfer at Feb 6, 2012,
Are you trying to get each loop to be able to go to either amp, or to switch between two separate rigs, with the loops going directly to the amps?
Quote by godisasniper
Are you trying to get each loop to be able to go to either amp, or to switch between two separate rigs, with the loops going directly to the amps?

I just want the distortion pedals to go to one amp, and the other pedals to go to the other. Although I'm running into some problems where I may want to have some pedals on the distortion side too..

But basically, it's just one channel has dist pedals, the other doesn't.
Quote by chip46
I'd just make a simple A/B switcher. Guitar into input, A output into clean effects, into clean side of amp. B output into distortion stuff, into other side of amp.

I honestly don't know why I didn't think of this. I was thinking I needed to loop or something. I think I forgot pedals have an output jack