Well I got myself a nice little Sansamp VT bass pedal for $40!

Okay, I traded my Peavey Mark IV bass head, that I got for $40 and put a little elbow grease and solder into.

This is what I have wanted to for ages to aid in recording and make a nice micro setup with my GK MB200 head and eventually a 2x10. So far I only got to play it a few minutes but this is one beast of a pedal and at a killer deal too!

Edit: To make this less of a brag, what are some good settings you guys are using, and how do you EQ your amps when using this? Flat or how you always had?
Last edited by askrere at Feb 6, 2012,
Happy NPD bro!!

I love my VT to death,and nearly always have it on,it just has so many killer tones!!
Currently I run mine with a lot of character, but not much drive, with the lows set about 3 o'clock, the mids at 9ish and the treble about 12 Oclock

Im only running it at low volumes for now and those settings will likely change when I get some new strings on my basses, but atm that gives me the punchy, slightly dirty tone Im after, whith some mids boosted on my basses eq and favouring the bridge pu slightly
Quote by the humanity
I'm just joking Moog. you know nothing can tear our friendship apart, not even the fact we are miles apart, I am right there beside you, yelling, "Chug it, ya little wimp!"
I used mine on the "SVT" setting in the manual, but with drive lowered and mids boosted (since I have a solid state amp the drive didn't sound great). When I get home to my new hybrid, I'm planning on fiddling with it more.
HNPD!!!

Of all the pedals i've owned... Never a VT Bass
"Punk Rock should mean freedom, liking and accepting anything that you like, as sloppy as you want, as long as it's good and has passion."
No pics, but it's nothing like a new bass for pics. It is I think an older model because it doesn't have the speaker modeling off switch? The guy I got it from was a real character, he was louder than anyone I've met, and super thick new york accent. He was using it with a Sansamp BDDI cascading into the VT into an ampeg svt 5.

I have an accounting exam this week, and also bought Skyrim the day before, and started watching Lost so my time is extremely thin. I guess I had thought it would be for my GK setup, but how would it do for my tube pre and power amp setup? Could it run in front of my Peavey 60/60 as the pre amp? or is it not enough juice to run with all that glass?

On that note what happens to a power amp if you run it without a pre? If I were to use this as a pre, and absent mindedly stomped it off, would I blow the power section or just mute it or is a pre not really necessary for sound, just for good sound +/-?.
Quote by askrere

I have an accounting exam this week, and also bought Skyrim the day before, and started watching Lost so my time is extremely thin. I guess I had thought it would be for my GK setup, but how would it do for my tube pre and power amp setup? Could it run in front of my Peavey 60/60 as the pre amp? or is it not enough juice to run with all that glass?

On that note what happens to a power amp if you run it without a pre? If I were to use this as a pre, and absent mindedly stomped it off, would I blow the power section or just mute it or is a pre not really necessary for sound, just for good sound +/-?.

I haven't personally used one, but the word is that they have enough kick to drive a power amp. If you did turn it off, it wouldn't damage the amp. You only have to worry about cutting the signal from the amp to the speaker, not the input signal.

You won't be playing much bass anyway. That first season of LOST is super addicting (It becomes immediately terrible after that). And you might as well bow down to your new master, Skyrim, right now for he will control your life.

Anyway, congrats on the sweet find. I'd have picked one up for that price for sure!