to make this a productive rant, i would like some help

in december my sister hurt her nose, and my family got flooded in medical bills.
i had to drop all of my classes except for jazz band.
i was going to look for a job and start working to make money to go back to college.
i havent had any luck yet. my GF works as a party balloon tier, she goes to resturants and works at parties and makes a good amount of money on weekends. she said i could work with her.
my mom convinced me to sign up for a radio communications class. she bought my $40 book. i went the first day and thought it was not my thing. told my mom it was interesting anyways. second day didnt go, i just dropped it with a NGR.
my mom is absolutely pissed off at me for having her buy this book to take this class. she wants to send me to my grandmas because shes sick of me.
i told her i will be able to pay her back for the book this weekend. she doesnt care. she told me she doesnt care about my opinion or anything i have to say.
she wont make any effort to help me look for a job. there arent any jobs in my town. the local arcade may be hiring, and i am going to go down and check it out tomorrow. but my mom doesnt care.
she thinks i dont want to do anything but smoke weed and sleep all day. i havent smoked in a month but she insists i still do. she thinks i cant attend a schedule and thinks i cant do anything im told to do.
if she wanted me to attend this radio communications class so badly, why did she have me drop my major and other important classes i was signed up for? i wanted to do those.
she wont let me borrow my dads car to attend jazz band anymore, school is a 30 mile drive away. i can walk to my friends house, who lives a 7 mile walk away to carpool, he has the same jazz class, and walk home at 10 when we get back.
i dont know if thats even worth it, id have to walk with my guitar case, and im sure my mom would disprove of it.

long story short, im 19, cant find a job, cant go to college, live at home with a crazy bitch and dont know how to deal with it.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Dearest Diary,

in december my sister hurt her nose, and my family got flooded in medical bills.
i had to drop all of my classes except for jazz band.
i was going to look for a job and start working to make money to go back to college.
i havent had any luck yet. my GF works as a party balloon tier, she goes to resturants and works at parties and makes a good amount of money on weekends. she said i could work with her.
my mom convinced me to sign up for a radio communications class. she bought my $40 book. i went the first day and thought it was not my thing. told my mom it was interesting anyways. second day didnt go, i just dropped it with a NGR.
my mom is absolutely pissed off at me for having her buy this book to take this class. she wants to send me to my grandmas because shes sick of me.

grandmas sexual advances get so tiresome after awhile. shes impossible to please.

i told her i will be able to pay her back for the book this weekend. she doesnt care. she told me she doesnt care about my opinion or anything i have to say.
she wont make any effort to help me look for a job. there arent any jobs in my town. the local arcade may be hiring, and i am going to go down and check it out tomorrow. but my mom doesnt care.
she thinks i dont want to do anything but smoke weed and sleep all day. i havent smoked in a month but she insists i still do.

i wonder waht ever gave her that idea.

she thinks i cant attend a schedule and thinks i cant do anything im told to do.

which is totally weird because i went to one whole class.

if she wanted me to attend this radio communications class so badly, why did she have me drop my major and other important classes i was signed up for? i wanted to do those.
she wont let me borrow my dads car to attend jazz band anymore, school is a 30 mile drive away. i can walk to my friends house, who lives a 7 mile walk away to carpool, he has the same jazz class, and walk home at 10 when we get back.
i dont know if thats even worth it, id have to walk with my guitar case, and im sure my mom would disprove of it.

Sighs and sobs,
jrcsgtpeppers

Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 6, 2012,
At least you don't have a bum, pothead son that plays guitar.
Check out my band Disturbed
Quote by StewieSwan
At least you don't have a bum, pothead son that plays guitar.

im not even a pothead anymore. im clean nigga
the problem i have is she isnt trying to be a parent. she has to be aware that we live in a town that has no jobs. there are jobs outside my town, a 30 mile over the hills drive. but she would have to lend me my dads car he doesnt drive. she wont comprimise. so i cant get a job and the only thing she has to say is she doesnt care about me.

so what are some ways that i can make money that doesnt involve being hired at retail?

edit: iv contemplated suicide these last few weeks... i feel completely worthless and theres nothing in my power that im aware of that can improve my life.

edit2: and hey, i only went to one class because i had to drop my other 4 due to financial situations. she doesnt think i want to improve my life or is willing to make any effort to. which is completely wrong.

edit3: and hey again, i love the song in my sig. it represents people being more concerned with the idea of doing something rather than actually doing it. you can dream all you want, but it wont count.
Last edited by jrcsgtpeppers at Feb 6, 2012,
NEVER contemplate suicide, no matter how balls deep you get into shit

Things will look up because, hey, looks like nothing can get worse from here

Keep on truckin'
X JAPAN
yoshiki.toshi.pata.hide.heath/taiji

---------------

"desert rose, why do you live alone..." - yoshiki
I can sympathize with you a bit OP. I'm stuck in a dead end town with no jobs. I've literally applied everywhere, all I need is about a month of work, then I can move away.

Life sucks but it gets better, you just have to keep trying to make it better.
Ibanez Prestige RGA321SPB
You've bitched about needing a job in DT but I didn't realize it was that crazy. Not sure what there is to say. Work with your gf if that's still an option. As much as I hate to say it, walking that far for jazz band seems like a bad plan, not sure where you live but that's almost asking to get your guitar stolen.

Shit happens man, take it day by day. You're Mom's under as much, if not more stress than you, nothing you can do about it but get through. I wish I had something better to say but this is all I've got. Sometimes life decides to ram a dildo up your ass, struggling's only going to make it worse. Do what you can to make it tolerable, and eventually things will get better.

if you don't mind me asking what happened to your sister's nose?
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
she isnt trying to be a parent. she doesnt care about me.

edit: iv contemplated suicide these last few weeks... i feel completely worthless and theres nothing in my power that im aware of that can improve my life.

Dude you're 19. You are fully capable of functioning without parents to rely on.

If they don't care, so what? Get a buss pass or something. Move.

If you feel like your life is absolute shit, just leave! There's a life outside this town! Get a job in some far away city and start fresh. Be independent. You're never helpless unless you choose to be.
Seriously though, prepare a proper resume. Scour craigslist relentlessly, apply to anything that you can. Don't put yourself above fast food, and make a good impression at all interviews. Bring a pen when asking for applications, ask to speak to managers. Persistence is key.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
im not even a pothead anymore. im clean nigga
the problem i have is she isnt trying to be a parent. she has to be aware that we live in a town that has no jobs. there are jobs outside my town, a 30 mile over the hills drive. but she would have to lend me my dads car he doesnt drive. she wont comprimise. so i cant get a job and the only thing she has to say is she doesnt care about me.

so what are some ways that i can make money that doesnt involve being hired at retail?

edit2: and hey, i only went to one class because i had to drop my other 4 due to financial situations. she doesnt think i want to improve my life or is willing to make any effort to. which is completely wrong.

dude shit will work out. try not to worry about it so much. do what have to do and try to focus on shit you enjoy. suicide is the last thing you should be thinking about. the people in your life care about you even if it doesnt seem like it. youll get through it man
feeling sorry for yourself is only gonna makes things worse. i'm 20 and i'm in a similar situation. hell, at least you have a girlfriend. i haven't seen a single one of my friends in around 2 months b/c of where my mom lives.

life is shit, get used to it and start smoking pot again.
Quote by blake1221
Seriously though, prepare a proper resume. Scour craigslist relentlessly, apply to anything that you can. Don't put yourself above fast food, and make a good impression at all interviews. Bring a pen when asking for applications, ask to speak to managers. Persistence is key.

I don't know if you live in a small town or not, but even in the town I live in it's even fairly hard to find a job in fast food. The job situation sucks in general here (especially this time of year). Not sure if OP is in a town the same way or not, just thought I'd say that.

Quote by jakesmellspoo
feeling sorry for yourself is only gonna makes things worse. i'm 20 and i'm in a similar situation. hell, at least you have a girlfriend. i haven't seen a single one of my friends in around 2 months b/c of where my mom lives.

life is shit, get used to it and start smoking pot again.

I don't think him starting to smoke marijuana is going to solve the issue at all, especially with his mother. It's better to deal with the situation at hand than just accept it and rely substances to put him through it.
Last edited by tarlkea at Feb 6, 2012,
Quote by tarlkea
I don't know if you live in a small town or not, but even in the town I live in it's even fairly hard to find a job in fast food. The job situation sucks in general here (especially this time of year). Not sure if OP is in a town the same way or not, just thought I'd say that.

Excuses.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it's doable. Giving up is the wrong answer, regardless of how many jobs are actually there.

By the way, doing just that, I got hired recently at an awesome place, doing something I thoroughly enjoy. It's not fool proof, but there's nothing wrong with trying.
Quote by blake1221
Excuses.

I'm not saying it's easy, but it's doable. Giving up is the wrong answer, regardless of how many jobs are actually there.

By the way, doing just that, I got hired recently at an awesome place, doing something I thoroughly enjoy. It's not fool proof, but there's nothing wrong with trying.

Haha, I wish I was making excuses. But you're right, giving up is the bad answer, keep looking and sometime there will be that opportunity if you wait for it. It's not just a lesson in jobs, it's a lesson in life. Trying is the first step towards failure and success and at least with failure you can learn something.
There are valid excuses, but at the end of the day, they're still excuses. Accepting the situation as hopeless is the only thing that makes it truly hopeless.

I'm telling you, jrargiaeufhpeppers, craigslist is a godsend when looking for job openings.
iv gone online to look for jobs in town, gone in to apply and none of them are hiring.

how does one move out without a job?

even fast food isnt hiring...

she goes to parties for kids and ties balloons, she makes like $200 bucks a weekend.
i need somehting to do during the weekk though. school is what i like doing.
my problem was i dropped out the first semester. myex broke up with me and i went kinda crazy. couldnt handle school. i passed a few classes, which is incredible after not attending 9 weeks, just did hella well on my exams. the second semsster my mom was convinced that i cant handle school and cant handle a workload because im stupid. so i only had two classes. dropped those too, was still depressed, i was moribly depressed for a year, sounds gay, yeah i know, but my mind was gone, and i did a bunch of drugs to cope. last semester i passed booth my classes with B's. this semester was my time to try my best again and i had to drop them. so my mom is convinced im not willing to put out any effort. which is wrong, because i realized i need to improve my life. i just cant find the opportunity. anyway. im just pissed off because if my mom sends me 3 hours away to my grandmas to do absolutely nothing but be bitched at by my grandma, i wont be able to see my gf anymore.
and when i asked if there will be jobs up there, my mom siad idfk thats not my problem.
shes not even trying. i have no idea what point she is trying to get across? that people dont change for the better?
Over the summer I put in a bunch of applications early, beginning of May, no answers. So I waited. July rolls around and now I'm hurting for money. So I go back everywhere I applied and ask to speak to someone about it. Still nothing. In the end I had to go to the same restaurant 4 times, harassing the same girl at the front desk to finally get the head chef. Talked to him for not even 10 minutes and was given a job. Persistence is key.

If you feel like you've bugged an employer too much, it's usually time to pester them for work one last time.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by blake1221
Excuses.

seriously this. i live in a small as town and had trouble finding a job but if you look hard enough youll find something. i'd recommend trying to go through a temp service if youre having trouble finding one. ive been doing it for the past couple summers and have got decent jobs with decent pay. i mean i got a job at a factory last summer and made about 500 a week. kinda hard work but it was well worth it. it will good enough until you find something better
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
iv gone online to look for jobs in town, gone in to apply and none of them are hiring.

how does one move out without a job?

even fast food isnt hiring...

she goes to parties for kids and ties balloons, she makes like $200 bucks a weekend.
i need somehting to do during the weekk though. school is what i like doing.
my problem was i dropped out the first semester. myex broke up with me and i went kinda crazy. couldnt handle school. i passed a few classes, which is incredible after not attending 9 weeks, just did hella well on my exams. the second semsster my mom was convinced that i cant handle school and cant handle a workload because im stupid. so i only had two classes. dropped those too, was still depressed, i was moribly depressed for a year, sounds gay, yeah i know, but my mind was gone, and i did a bunch of drugs to cope. last semester i passed booth my classes with B's. this semester was my time to try my best again and i had to drop them. so my mom is convinced im not willing to put out any effort. which is wrong, because i realized i need to improve my life. i just cant find the opportunity. anyway. im just pissed off because if my mom sends me 3 hours away to my grandmas to do absolutely nothing but be bitched at by my grandma, i wont be able to see my gf anymore.
and when i asked if there will be jobs up there, my mom siad idfk thats not my problem.
shes not even trying. i have no idea what point she is trying to get across? that people dont change for the better?

Does your grandma live in a bigger city? Moving might be better for you, job wise. You can save money, prove some worth to your mom and move back or keep on progressing from where your grandma lives.

Relationships come and go, but the hole you're digging (not entirely your fault) only gets bigger every day that is met with inaction.
Quote by turncoat60%
seriously this. i live in a small as town and had trouble finding a job but if you look hard enough youll find something. i'd recommend trying to go through a temp service if youre having trouble finding one. ive been doing it for the past couple summers and have got decent jobs with decent pay. i mean i got a job at a factory last summer and made about 500 a week. kinda hard work but it was well worth it. it will good enough until you find something better

When you're unemployed any work is good work.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Keep your head up man. After my dad died I was pretty messed up. Regardless of how you feel about religion, this prayer has always held significance for me: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Quote by robertito696
Keep your head up man. After my dad died I was pretty messed up. Regardless of how you feel about religion, this prayer has always held significance for me: God, grant me the serenity to accept the things I cannot change, the courage to change the things I can, and the wisdom to know the difference.

One of the best pieces of advice I've heard in a while. Keep that in your mind throughout life.
Quote by robertito696

holy shit man that is honestly what i needed to hear. im atheist and all but i freaking love that quote.
Your poor mum.
not going viral

Hot E-Cousin of rjaylaf

Non Evil E-Twin of stealstrings

E-NEMESIS of deathdrummer
The HT welcomes you with open arms man. We've been having a slow couple of days and anyone is welcome. Follow my sig
Hugging Thread; I'm here to help

Oh you wouldn’t want an angel watching over
Surprise, surprise they wouldn’t wannna watch
Another uninnocent, elegant fall
Into the unmagnificent lives of adults

It's Tessa, not Tesse please.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers

Man up, ya pussy.

Seriously though, seek help.
Im gonna try. Im fed up obeying her ridiculous ideas and challanges, if she wants to kick me out fine. Its not like anything is gonna change around here. Im gonna go bug taco bell again tomorrow.
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
Im gonna try. Im fed up obeying her ridiculous ideas and challanges, if she wants to kick me out fine. Its not like anything is gonna change around here. Im gonna go bug taco bell again tomorrow.

pm'd you bud