does anyone have a suggested method of doing this?
i was thinking of sprayin wd-40 (the canadian one) in the bottom where the threads are.

i do all my own set ups and have a not bad idea of how a bass is put together but i havent attempted this before, and my truss rod on my 07 stingray is starting to get really hard to tighten, i will loosen it a bunch, and it wont tighten any more, even after i loosen it a bunch.

thanks!

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

Dont be so humble, your not that great....
Just buy a new nut for the truss rod.
Damn it! Disable can't use disable to disable Disable's disable because disable's disable has already been disabled by Disable's disable!
Quote by Br@ndNew
Does wd40 actually differ from coountry to country?

i might have just watch too much home improvement where they call it 10w-30 :P

when Moses brought down the plagues upon Egypt one of them involved Behringer amps

don't lubricate truss rods on the bus. They kick you off for that.

danish oil can be used as a penetrating oil. not as effective as regular oil but it could help counter any dust.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom
Quote by Br@ndNew
Does wd40 actually differ from coountry to country?

I live in Australia and it's still called WD-40
is this a joke thread?

how is lubricating the threads at the nut end gonna help it at all on the bottom where the other side pulls up against the neck wood for relief/bow?
It may not be the the cause of the problem, but it could be. It sounds like the rod itself doesn't want to turn. I think that the best way to find out if it is the problem is to lube it- if he's careful it won't hurt the instrument.
Quote by FatalGear41
I wouldn't call what we have here on the Bass Forum a mentality. It's more like the sharing part of an AA meeting.

Quote by Jason Jillard
HUMANITY WHATS WRONG WITH YOU.

Warwick Fortress>>Acoustic AB50

http://www.myspace.com/rustingbloom

?
Basses:
Fender Precision Bass
Fender Jazz Bass
1967 Fender Coronado Bass II
Warwick Star Bass
Squier Precision Bass TB
Lmao!! Thats Too Funny, My Last Name Is Bacon And Everyone Calls Me That