After trying out a whole bunch of amps i narrowed it down to the orange dark terror and bought it today with the orange 1x12 celestion vintage 30 cab.

Thought i'd share.

Are you all proud of me?
Quote by Dan_5893
So you didn't go for the Mark III then?

Well my friends dad owns the music shop so i got it pretty damn cheap and no i did not. Decided after playing a bunch of amps that the dark terrors tone was beyond what i imagined. Seemed perfect for me. Also i owe my dad $800 so i figure i may as well not be a prick and actually pay him back.
nice. post a HNGD when you get it. some mods delete threads like this. i wont report it i will leave that to somebody else.

i haven't tried the Dark Terror, but have had my Dual terror over two years now IIRC. i got one of the first batches to come out. that is a record for me to hold onto an amp.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
It's just a local music shop called The Rock Inn. Pretty awesome place. Staff aren't overly friendly though but it's alright cos my friend served me.

They only had 1 dark terror left on layby, but my friend gave it to me anyways lol.

After that i went to Kosmic guitars, they had a shitload of dark terrors there. They must have just come in stock or something because a month ago they didn't have them at Kosmic.
How much did you get it for?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by Eppicurt
How much did you get it for?

A grand.

EDIT: With the cab

Keep in mind i live in Australia.

That's very cheap for an Australian shop.
Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 6, 2012,
Quote by vayne92
A grand.

Keep in mind i live in Australia.

That's very cheap for an Australian shop.

Meh.

Not really.
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by vayne92
We're not all as cool as you

Damn straight.

You also don't realise a good deal when you see one, hence why you passed up the Mesa to buy an amp which you got "pretty damn cheap" when you probably could have gotten it cheaper or the same elsewhere as a regular price.
Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
Quote by Eppicurt
Damn straight.

You also don't realise a good deal when you see one, hence why you passed up the Mesa to buy an amp which you got "pretty damn cheap" when you probably could have gotten it cheaper or the same elsewhere as a regular price.

Yet i did look elsewhere. funny that. Also i stated that i would do the right thing and pay my dad back the $800 i owe and not get more in debt. The dark terror was the perfect tone for me and exactly what i was looking for. I work full time so i'm entitled to do what i want with the money i earn. I imagine you've never worked a day in your life cos you're like 16?
Last edited by vayne92 at Feb 6, 2012,
Quote by vayne92
Yet i did look elsewhere. funny that. Also i stated that i would do the right thing and pay my dad back the $800 i owe and not get more in debt. The dark terror was the perfect tone for me and exactly what i was looking for. I work full time so i'm entitled to do what i want with the money i earn. I imagine you've never worked a day in your life cos you're like 16?

Didn't look hard enough then, lol. Do what you want, squander your money if you like. This thread will probably get closed anyway.

Quote by SimplyBen

Quote by Toppscore
you can get DTs for under $700 and I live in Adelaide for Christ's sake

Great amp, I'm not sure I appreciate the attitude.
Quote by UraniYum
Fuck you I'm trying to be caring and shit

Quote by Cb4rabid
Okay guys, I have a confession to make. Not really a confession since it's something that's been bugging me for awhile but I've always been in denial about it.

**** you gilly, it's not what you think
Piccorz or it's an MG100
Quote by Blompcube
it's so cool to hate Gibson, even the federal Department of Justice hates them.

( )( )
( . .) This is Bunny. Copy and paste Bunny into your
C('')('') signature to help him gain world domination.
Quote by vayne92

You're talking to someone who works in a music shop there buddy. I suggest you pipe down.

Anyway, HNAD. Enjoy it

I've never been to Rock Inn, but that sucks about the staff. I usually go to Joondalup Music or Kosmic myself, though I've been to Billy Hyde a few times.
Quote by vayne92
I imagine you've never worked a day in your life cos you're like 16?

that's a pretty damn cheap shot. and he just so happens to work in a music store, by the way.

on-topic: i'm happy for you. make another thread when you actually get it home, include pictures and a review. and maybe soundclips if you can.

edit: dammit dan ninja'd