I've saw quite a few people doing this lately for a fairly unique tone
I was thinking about getting it done to have my own little creation but I quite frankly know 0 about it!
Does anybody have any experience with this procedure and what the pros and cons are? I'd love to know!
What PA head do you have?
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
There are old Fender PA's which are basically four Twin's preamps and a common power amp. Now those will mod into a fine guitar amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I don't have one yet, I've only saw a few people doing it and I was curious is all
I've heard the bogen challenger is a fairly safe bet at converting
Unique tone? More like crap tone. If you've got a tasty vintage PA (Marshall Master PA, Bogen, Masco, Carlsbro, Fender PA135, that kind of thing) it can certainly work, but for the price of one of those you could get yourself some rather high-end guitar amps instead.

Most of the conversions I'e seen have mojo but aren't anything to write home about. You might as well just get a vintage amp or high quality modern reissue.
Quote by kyle62
Unique tone? More like crap tone. If you've got a tasty vintage PA (Marshall Master PA, Bogen, Masco, Carlsbro, Fender PA135, that kind of thing) it can certainly work, but for the price of one of those you could get yourself some rather high-end guitar amps instead.

Most of the conversions I'e seen have mojo but aren't anything to write home about. You might as well just get a vintage amp or high quality modern reissue.

Looked at a Fender PA100 a while back for $80 (Chassis and components, sans tubes...)

Even after I build a box and buy some tubes, it seems to me I'll be significantly ahead of the game...
“Ignorance more frequently begets confidence than does knowledge.”
Charles Darwin
Quote by Arby911
Looked at a Fender PA100 a while back for $80 (Chassis and components, sans tubes...)

Even after I build a box and buy some tubes, it seems to me I'll be significantly ahead of the game...

In that case...worth a punt! Maybe they're just less common over here....or maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places.
Quote by Arby911

Do it. Best modding platform in the history of the universe. You can set each channel up to sound different and mod in a channel selector - or some sort of 4 channel A/B/Y box. I'd kill for one.
Seriously, check it out:
http://www.6v6power.ru/inf/Amplifier/Fender/Fender%20PA100%20(cbs).jpg

What couldn't you do with that??? You can basically have every old Fender amp you felt like pretty much.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification