Page 1 of 4
I was thinking, Hardcore is a many faceted beast and many will argue what is "tr00 hardcore" till Armageddon hits. So to you, users of the hardcore forum, what is it you think of when you think of hardcore? Toughguy? 90's Emo Skramz? Piss Poor Breakdowns? The Wave?

I'm not gonna pretend, that hardcore is one type and one type only, I'm just interested in the different opinions.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
I think his moobs are more hardcore tbh

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by ChemicalFire
I think his moobs are more hardcore tbh

Moustache faced stomach is moustache faced.

Anyway, if someone says "I like hardcore", and I'm not particularly vindictive, my brain automatically thinks... Have Heart, Verse, The Carrier, Shipwreck A.D., Cruel Hand, etc. Converge will normally float through my head if the person I'm talking to is particularly "legit" looking, but most of the time I just think of the melodic hardcore scene.
Wow, how the Hardcore scene has changed since I last followed it 5 years ago.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Anything that claims to be hardcore these days is just plain awful... it's got the same infected trend as Emo had a few years back.

Hardcore to me would be bands like Sick Of It All, Underminded, Refused, I guess.
Quote by pncoutts
Anything that claims to be hardcore these days is just plain awful... it's got the same infected trend as Emo had a few years back.

Hardcore to me would be bands like Sick Of It All, Underminded, Refused, I guess.

Underminded... that's the band who's singer is in D.R.U.G.S. right?
Shotty you're a ten, I wait for your drunk dials at 2:30 AM
When I someone say it, I usually think they mean stuff like Asking Alexandria and other such garbage. That's what people in my area refer to as "hardcore". I'd rather they mean stuff like Shipwreck A.D. and Have Heart. Even though that's not really what I consider "hardcore", I have far more respect for those bands than for crap like AA.
Take any classic punk song (Sex Pistols and whatnot) and play it twice as fast (possibly replace the vocals with atonal shouts) = hardcore.
The more you say 'epic' the less it means.
Quote by FrauVfromPoB
When I someone say it, I usually think they mean stuff like Asking Alexandria and other such garbage. That's what people in my area refer to as "hardcore". I'd rather they mean stuff like Shipwreck A.D. and Have Heart. Even though that's not really what I consider "hardcore", I have far more respect for those bands than for crap like AA.

How do you not consider that Hardcore?

I hate that moment when Hardcore threads are showcased on the front page.
I tend to think of Gallows when someone says Hardcore, as it was the first band I got into. Eh.
Quote by EndTheRapture51
who pays five hundred fucking dollars for a burger
Strangers, coming together from all over for one common interest, to have a good time and enjoy some passionate and loud music.

(Probably taking influences from punk and metal)

However I hate the hardcore scene in the UK, at least the scene that I see anyway. I mean I love the music, I just hate the people. Its such an arrogant elitest group.
pancakes.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
However I hate the hardcore scene in the UK, at least the scene that I see anyway. I mean I love the music, I just hate the people. Its such an arrogant elitest group.

Where abouts you from man?
ლ(́◉◞౪◟◉‵ლ
I think of '80s hardcore because that was the first hardcore I got acquainted with.
Hardcore is fast and loud and you get punched in the face (by accident, and everyone's really friendly and apologetic) at shows but it doesn't hurt because the bands are too awesome. You and all your friends pack into basements and warehouses and abandoned stores on the nights you have off.

Also the 90's screamo a bit. Depending on the band.
hardcore is driving 3 and a half hours with your entire band crammed into your 2005 sunfire to record in an old friends basement for free. And spending the weekend there sleeping on his floor freezing at night and watching x files during the day.
hardcore is authentic, passionate music that breaks with the conventionalism of most music. So no wanky guitar solos just because they 'belong' in your song structure or that hooks always HAVE to be melodies.
Quote by razorback91
Im sorry, I just don't see how you could argue that hardcore isn't metal. That just seems arrogant to me.

Yes, its its own kind of metal, but its still metal.
Flat lids, basketball shorts, varsity sweater/hoodie, being white, having a beanie that hangs low on the back of you head.

but srs: When people say hardcore I assume 80's hardcore or 90's metallic hardcore. Minor Threat, GB, Hatebreed, Agnostic Front, etc.
Last edited by llanafreak44 at Feb 7, 2012,
true, raw and loud music. i dont mind those ****ing garbage like BMTH or asking alexandria, but goob hc bands like hatebreed.

╞══╬══╡

Ibanez RGR321EX w/ D-Activators
Peavey Bandit 112
Quote by technicolour
hardcore is driving 3 and a half hours with your entire band crammed into your 2005 sunfire to record in an old friends basement for free. And spending the weekend there sleeping on his floor freezing at night and watching x files during the day.

I feel bad for you, genuinely do.

That you own a sunfire. Awful.
Quote by Ingested
true, raw and loud music. i dont mind those ****ing garbage like BMTH or asking alexandria, but goob hc bands like hatebreed.

Quote by Ingested
i dont mind those ****ing garbage like BMTH or asking alexandria, but goob hc bands like hatebreed.

Quote by Ingested
goob hc bands like hatebreed.

Quote by Ingested
hatebreed.

Quote by Ingested
hatebreed.

Hardcore is the feeling you get when you hold a pretty girl's hand. It's that first bite of a warm apple pie. It's the sun on your back on a summer's day. It's hitting a game-winning home run. It's finally peeing after holding it in forever. It's busting a nut on some skank's chest.
*-)
Quote by Bob_Sacamano
i kinda wish we all had a penis and vagina instead of buttholes

i mean no offense to buttholes and poop or anything

Rest in Peace, Troy Davis and Trayvon Martin and Jordan Davis and Eric Garner and Mike Brown
Quote by element4433
Hardcore is the feeling you get when you hold a pretty girl's hand. It's that first bite of a warm apple pie. It's the sun on your back on a summer's day. It's hitting a game-winning home run. It's finally peeing after holding it in forever. It's busting a nut on some skank's chest.

I think hardcore is pretty dubstep.
Last edited by blake1221 at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Azwethinkwedo
North east. Normally travel to leeds/durham for shows.

I'm playing in Newcastle and Leeds this week, and both shows have good, varied selections of UK hardcore/emo bands.
My name is Danny. Call me that.
HARDCORE IS MY LIFE

As the HxC Dictator for Life I pronounce that I am hardcore. Nothing else can be hardcore but me. When you mosh, you mosh in my name.
Last edited by Kyle<3 at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Kyle<3
HARDCORE IS MY LIFE

As the HxC Dictator for Life I pronounce that I am hardcore. Nothing else can be hardcore but me. When you mosh, you mosh in my name.

FUCK YOU KYLE I DO WHAT I WANT
Quote by lolmnt
We're better than Mexico cuz we rule USA USA USA
This is somewhat relevant. This girl I liked in high school (most of you know who I'm talking about) told me last night that she now likes metal. I asked her what bands and she replies with Asking Alexandria, Black Veil Brides, etc...

I wasn't a dick about it; I just said that it wasn't bad for starters. Currently making a playlist for her full of melodic hardcore, metalcore, pop punk, etc.
Call me Andrew!

Check Out My Band
Here

Quote by DimebagLivesOn
Well you're wrong and stupid and I don't like you.

Quote by nashawa
You know who's a good troll? Me. Because I'm secretly in love with Pandy.
Bet she'll hate all the bands that sound like better versions of BvB cuz it's not as "meaningful" or some bullshit.

Quote by DisarmGoliath
Quote by datskramzkid
How do you not consider that Hardcore?

Hardcore to me means hardcore punk from the 80's like Minor Threat, Bad Brains, and Black Flag, and some more metallic stuff from the 90's like Earth Crisis (but boy have they dropped the ball lately).
Page 1 of 4