Ok, so naturally I was all set to get the Squier CV series later this week, naturally my guitar center doesn't have any in stock for the nearest 500 miles.

They DO however have a VM series with a humbucker about 45 minutes away.

They are the exact same price, so would quality really matter? How would the humbucker make the guitar sound? I'm a beginner so do I really need something with a humbucker on it?
Well for one thing squier sucks. What's your price range and I'll recommend something that isn't made of plywood for the same price.
Quote by Kensai

Quote by Lots O' FX
Why do you hate America?
Quote by 2 15/16
Well for one thing squier sucks. What's your price range and I'll recommend something that isn't made of plywood for the same price.

Clearly you know nothing about this matter? Squier's CV and VM series are amongst the absolute best in their price range. Just because Affinitys and Bullets suck balls doesn't mean that everything else by Squier does, mate.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
^ Pretty much what he said, although since your a beginner you don't need anything great and probably won't be able to tell the difference, so if you do stick with the Squier, either one will be fine, I however would prefer the VM series. It will be more flexible, you'll cover a lot more genres with the humbucker added and could always swap it out with something nicer eventually
the CV series is actually pretty good. but the necks are a little thin.

to answer your other question Do you need a humbucker, its sort of like asking, what amp do i like? Humbuckers are great if you want to sort out some more rocky tones. It is achievavle with a singlecoil, but it will be buzzier and thinner.
What model has the humbucker? if it is HSS it will be ideal.
HSS, and yeah I would like to be playing more rock-oriented stuff.
vintage modified stuff is usually up there with classic vibe as far as i'm aware yes.

As for the first reply i dunno if he's trolling or just plain retarded
Doing some googling it seems the CV's are built better, so I think i'm still going to get the CV and just add some humbuckers later.
As a begginer the modding may be an issue, you will have to either cut out, or replace the pickguard, and do some soldering. If your going to check one out, build quality is a low priority issue, as you can inspect the guitar for flaws there and then.
If you are going for rock right off the bat, i would recommend a humbucker.
Dude, wtf? You could've posted this in your other threads. Quit posting the same thread over and over man.
Epiphone Les Paul Studio w/ P90s
Epiphone Wilshire Pro Reissue w/ Pearly Gates Pickups
JCA2212c
Vox Night Train
Raven 1x12
Digitech Whammy
TC Electronic Polyphonic Tuner
Earthquaker Devices The Hoof Fuzz
Carbon Copy
BYOC BBO
TC Arena Reverb
Quote by Lespauljames
As a begginer the modding may be an issue, you will have to either cut out, or replace the pickguard, and do some soldering.

Changing pickups is nothing to be afraid of, even for a beginner - it's something every guitar player should learn to do. Also, you wouldn't have to rout the pickup cavity larger or even change the pickguard - many companies make humbucker pickups in singlecoil size. The Seymour Duncan Hot Rails, for example, is such a pickup, and it's one of the most popular choices for a strat's bridge replacement pickups, for players who want a truly versatile rock monster.

Having said that, I'd cast my vote for the CV - they're cool, they sound like a proper strat should, too. Many players don't dig how it sounds, but I just love the way a bridge singlecoil sounds when played with heavy overdrive. It creates the kind of a sound that's going on on a lot of Rory Gallagher's records. You want to hear how great it can sound, then check out Rory's Irish Tour '74 live lp - it's got some of my favorite guitar tones ever, and they are what I perceive to be the very essence of a dirty strat sound.
Gear:

Guitars: Ibanez SV5470F, Ibanez Xpt700, Fender MIM Standard Stratocaster ('04-'05), Jackson Ps-2
Ashton AG200,
Amps: ENGL E530, Bugera 6262-212,
FX: TC Electronics G-major 2, Behringer EQ700, Morley Volume / Wah
Try getting a CV wherever you are and however you can, if you have to choose the CV's are made with more quality and care than the VM for all that i have tested out and seen.
"RAWR WIRES >:O"
One more kiss... One more touch...
I miss you, wont you hug me just one last time?

Twitter!!~ Follow Re-follow :P