hey guys, simple question

i'm putting a saga tele kit together atm and i'm about to clear the neck. it's a maple neck with a rosewood fretboard. do i mask the whole rosewood section and just clear the maple, or do i just mask the frets and clear the whole thing?

cheers!
Terrible guitar player.
I wouldn't put any finish on the rosewood, personally. I'm sure there are some who'd prefer it that way, but I'd mask the whole fretboard.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Don't lacquer any of it. Your hands stick to a lacquered neck a little. It makes moving your hands up and down the neck a little tougher. Instead, use and oil finish on the rosewood and a satin polyurethane on the maple. It will make playing the guitar much easier. Sliding your hand up and down the neck will be very smooth.
^ That. That's better. I wasn't even thinking about the general awfulness of lacquer. Listen to that guy.
Money beats soul every time.

Money beats soul...every time.

Money...beats soul...every...goddamn...time.
Lemon Oil on rosewood, gives it a gorgeous color at the same time.

If you must use gloss on the neck sand with 400 grit paper and then 0000 grade steel wool to give it the satin non-sticky feel
Epiphone Les Paul Plus Top
Jet City JCA5212RC (SLO Modded)
Ibanez WD7 Wah
Mad Professor Sweet Honey Overdrive
TC Electronic Flashback Triple Delay
TC Electronic Trinity Reverb
It's kinda bunch of shit saying that your fingers stick to the finish. It never happens if the finish hardens more than few days. It feels sticky only when you have it gloss or any other super flat surface, so the friction force is significant.
Anyhow, it isn't recommended lacquering rosewood fretboard. I've never seen this. It's possible, but there is no reason why doing this.
I'd personally rub a couple coats of 100% tung oil on the maple and lemon oil the rosewood. Tung oil is easy to apply and easy to rejuvenate later on.
thanks guys.

i think i'll lemon oil the fretboard and poly the maple then
Terrible guitar player.