I have recently bought a MIM Strat and I put heavier gauge strings on from 9s to 10 s with heavy bottom so I had to tighten up the springs and everything seems to be fine but when I bend on certain frets on certain strings I get a strange noise as if the strings is just being scraped and the note doesn't sound this is mainly on the b string around the 15th fret area everywhere else is fine. Does anyone know what could he causing this? thanks
You need to raise your action.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
check neck relief to see if you need truss rod adjustment before trying any bridge height adjustment.

see the setup thread in this forum.
I've been imitated so well I've heard people copy my mistakes.
- Jimi Hendrix
You need to take it to someone who knows what he's doing. Don't trust yourself to diagnose problems if you have no idea why it's doing that. It could be a truss adjustment, nut/saddle adjustment, or fret leveling adjustment. Save yourself the time, some of these fixes only take a few minutes when a pro does it.
^ Or he could learn how to work on his guitar, and not waste a stupid amount of money on petty issues.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Thanks guys, i honestly have no idea what I'm doing so I'll just take it in. Thanks a million