Does TuxGuitar have the speed trainer/looper option like guitar pro? Where you can slow down selected parts of a song, and loop them for practice? If so, where's the option at?
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Pop Punk! Check us out!: Flinch
I'm not sure if it has a specific function for that, but you could just put repeat bars around the part you want to loop and adjust the tempo accordingly.

Also, click "Player --> Play Mode" for more tempo options
Maybe I'll just buy GuitarPro, Tux is worthless. But, I want GP5, not GP6.
Matthew 7:7 ""Ask and it will be given to you; seek and you will find; knock and the door will be opened to you."

Quote by tr3nt

Tux can open GP5s, and its free, and totally not worthless. Just because it takes a few extra clicks to loop the part you want doesn't make it suck. Don't waste $60 or whatever it is when you can get something that's about as good for free.
Quote by tr3nt

GP6 is actually better than GP5 at least after the recent patches.
The problems with stability are pretty much fixed, at least on my PC it didn't crash for some months, so I think they solved the Bugs they had. The RSE is improved (still not great sounding), the UI is better and I also find the workflow to be a lot faster once you got used to it.
What can be a problem are the drums, but this is also just a matter getting used to it, as I find the bindings of the drums to the notes rather logically chosen, it may be a bit of a problem if you can't read sheetmusic.

The only problem is the downward compartibility, some times GP5 files that you create with GP6 can't be opened by other programs. It seems like the exporter isn't really finished.

But Tux is also pretty good, but I personally like GP6 better.

Have you tried the demo? I think you should do that first before buying, then ou should know if the 60$ are worth it or not.
Yeah they have the exact same option basically. Press F9 and then select simple mode (which is what you probably want more of) or training mode, select the tempo you would like and whether or not it increases each loop and then just below that it asks for which bars you want to loop so select whichever ones you want and done.
GEAR:
Epiphone Les Paul Studio Deluxe
ESP LTD EX-360
Peavey VYPYR 30W

"There's nothing constant in the universe.
All ebb and flow, and every shape that's born,
bears in it's womb, the seeds of change".
Quote by Maillouxlp18
Yeah they have the exact same option basically. Press F9 and then select simple mode (which is what you probably want more of) or training mode, select the tempo you would like and whether or not it increases each loop and then just below that it asks for which bars you want to loop so select whichever ones you want and done.

Are you talking about GP5 and 6?

Quote by FrauVfromPoB
Tux can open GP5s, and its free, and totally not worthless. Just because it takes a few extra clicks to loop the part you want doesn't make it suck. Don't waste $60 or whatever it is when you can get something that's about as good for free.

THIS