Hey,

I've encountered a problem with my sound... well, it sounds bad no matter what I use with my current setup.

I'm using:

ESP V401-DX Custom with EMG 81 and 85 w/Fernandes Sustainer
Randall RM100M Amp head
Randall RS412XC Cabinet

And;

ESP V401-DX Custom with EMG 81 and 85 w/Fernandes Sustainer
Mesa Boogie Triple Rectifier Head
Mesa Cab

With various effect pedals with both amps including Metal Muff, Digitech Death Metal, Danelectro Black Coffee, Boss Turbo Distortion, Boss Metalcore, Digitech multi's ect. and they all sound like garbage with the guitar but when I plug in my Ibanez with passive pickups, it sounds gorgeous.

I've replaced the battery and changed the strings multiple times, confirmed wiring, but it has an overwhelmingly crappy sound.

Any tips or help you can give me would be great. I prefer the Randall's sound over the Mesa unless I'm going clean, also.

Thanks.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
Probably a dead battery connector. Happens every once in a blue moon.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Probably a dead battery connector. Happens every once in a blue moon.

I'll verify it, thanks!

Quote by rob904
buy an EQ, and stop scooping the mids out

Way to not read the Original Post.

Also, I usually keep my mids around 4-5.
Quote by Cobain_is_king

Seth: 1
A7X: 0
I had the same thing happen to me. I plugged in my guitar with EMG's and my output was low and grainy - with the amp cranked... like the battery was dead. So I plugged in my Jackson with passives... it was fine. I plugged in my other guitar with Blackouts... same thing, crap.

Turns out I was inadvertently using a stereo cable instead of a mono. Actives don't work with stereo cables.
Check that.