I am terrible at picking gear. I always regret it. So this time i want something i wont regret or get bored of. I want an amp with plenty of gain on tap and possibly with 2+ channels that are footswitchable. I play metalcore, djent, indie/alt', progressive metal, classic rock etc. I have about £300-400 to spend + my profit from selling my me50 and line 6 spider. I had a look at a peavey vypyr tube 60 but it seems to get alot of criticism. Whether people just arent peavey fans i dont know. I was also thinking on a jet city 2112RC/20h+2x12 and buying a multi effects/pre amp for it. I had a few in mind - Zoom G5(once released), Some line 6 pod, Boss GT10 or Digitech RP1000. I really need help. Thanks.
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic
Yamaha 12 string acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Vypyr Tube.

No other amp in your price range will even come close to sounding good for both djent/metalcore and classic rock.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Blackstar HT Studio 20 and a Zoom G5.
Pedople will give you shit about them not being all tube (which is true) ut the sound great nonetheless, so why should you care?
Do you know how much the G5 will be when it comes out? because the blackstar is like £400 and ill only have like £200 maybe
My Rig
Fender Blacktop Strat HH MN > Joyo JF-01 Vintage Overdrive > Boss ME50 > Line 6 Spider IV 30

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
I'd definitely recommend the Peavey Vypyr tube. Vypyrs (even the ones without tubes) just sound amazing for the price.
You'll never get a clean tone out the jet city, you'd need at least a 50 watt. Not to mention they don't get metal tones without 500$+ of stomps. They also need a re-tube right after purchase, the stock chinese tubes create a nasty amount of top end fuzz. I'd also build a pedal board with some analogue pedals, more expensive in the long run, but sounds infinitely better imo.
Quote by korinaflyingv
used laney vc50 is the only thing i can think of. they usually go for under £400, sometimes even under £300
EDIT: used peavey ultra could be a good idea too. they're usually really cheap.

This if you want all valve.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
peavey ultras are super hard to find, same with vtm's
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Bugera 333XL, or 6262. read reviews about it, they are cheap as hell and sound great. some even say they sound better than mesa's sometimes...
what amp is the 333xl a clone of? i know that the 6262/6260 is a clone of one of the 6505 series. Will i need an attenuator because 100 watts is alot for bedroom..
My Rig

Other Shit
Jim Deacon Acoustic

New Amp Fund
£300/700
Quote by leigh596
what amp is the 333xl a clone of? i know that the 6262/6260 is a clone of one of the 6505 series. Will i need an attenuator because 100 watts is alot for bedroom..

It's a clone of the XXX or JSX. I think it's the latter.

Do you want power valve distortion? Then you need an attenuator. But you won't get power valve distortion on bedroom levels anyway. They're for cranking the amp and getting the volume to stage levels.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
333 = Xxx
333xl = Jsx
6260 = 6505
6262 = 6505+
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X