I am purchasing a Taylor 310ce in the next couple of weeks. I am wondering if I should buy an acoustic amp? I have an AC15C1 and I know its a really clean amp and has a nice reverb on it but I am going to play in a worship group and I don't know if I should get like a Fishman Loudbox or something? If anyone has experience with running an acoustic through an AC15C1 your input would be greatly appreciated. And I know that I can run it through the normal channel but will it sound as good as it should?

thanks
Acoustic guitars through electric amps are never ideal but they can sound good enough with some clever EQing, compression and reverb. If you've got the money and you're going to be performing a lot I'd try to grab an acoustic amp but I only use my electric since most places I play have a PA.
Winner of the 2011 Virginia Guitar Festival

Protools HD
Lynx Aurora 16/HD192
Mojave, Sennheiser, AKG, EV etc mics
Focusrite ISA828 pres
Waves Mercury
Random Rack Gear

65 Deluxe Reverb
PRS CE 22
American Standard Strat
Taylor 712
You can get good results from an electric guitar amp if you take a couple of precautions.

Always use the clean channel. Never overdrive the preamp, by using a high setting on the pre-gain. Develop your volume with the post gain control only.

Many acoustic amps have high frequency drivers in addition to the main speaker,

That said, Taylor guitars are a bit notorious for being quite bright. You may not get as edgy a sound out of a standard guitar amp.

Fender amps are also notorious for being nice and bright, if you have access to one of those, give that a shot.
I had a GB Shen Jr. (sold it). Outstanding little amp. You can find used ones for around $300 on CL.
--- Joe ---
77 Bradley LPC || 07 PRS CE22 || 11 PRS MC58 Artist || 95/02 Fender Strat || 99 Gibson LP DC Std Lite
06 Ovation Elite-T || 12 Martin GPCPA4
Boss GT100 || Peavey Stereo Chorus 400 || Peavey Bandit 75 || Roland JC77
yeah thanks i just need to keep my total around 1600 if i can find a nice used one i will buy it for sure.
Taylor guitars are a bit notorious for being quite bright. You may not get as edgy a sound out of a standard guitar amp.-----any other way ?