Hey guys,

I'm in the process of fixing up a friend of mine's LTD EC1000 with EMG 81/60. He came to me complaining of a very noisy, droning sound when he pushed the gain on his Orange Thunderverb. I told him to change the battery and then have a quick nose in the cavity to see if there was anything obvious going on.

He dropped it off for me this morning with a fresh battery and the same problem. I tried it through my amp (Roland VGA5) and cranked it. It's a very consistent, droning noise. However it ONLY occurs on the bridge pickup, and gets stronger and weaker as I move the guitar around the room. Since it only seems to be affecting the bridge it doesn't seem too likely to be anything EMF-related I'd have thought, and the pickups are dead silent on a clean setting.

I haven't had a chance to open her up properly yet but is there anything I should looking for in particular?

I tried searching and could find lot of similar cases, but no real answers

TL;DR - Noisy bridge pickup, wat do
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.
Like I said I haven't had a chance to give the wiring a proper going over yet, I was more asking to see if it was something weirder than the wiring since on the other threads no one had really gotten an answer haha.

Thanks though!
Quote by fleajr_1412
You have amazing taste in men.

Are You a PROG-HEAD? I am.