I have a solid state Fender FM210R I was doing some repairs on (cosmetic, such as replacing the knobs, dusting the inside, checking for rust/any other build up).

Unfortunately, this has now become my only amp for the time, apart from DI into my interface. I threw everything back together and was pleased to see (hear?) that it still worked as usual.

However, as I was playing my new guitar (reason I traded my previous amp) the FM210 makes a wailing noise and then completely cuts out. There is still power, though absolutely no output. I have tried all my pedals and pickups with no result, this is definitely an amp issue.

Any help I can get would be greatly appreciated.
Derek.
Did this only happen once and now it no longer works? Or does this happen each time you try playing through it (then you turn it off for a while and it works again)?
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
My guess would be power supply filter caps or output transistors but really, it's almost impossible to diagnose a SS amp fault over a forum. You need to have it open in front of you and even then diagnostics are a pita compared to a tube amp.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
I had a similar experience with a girl once. She really turned me on, but right when I was getting ready to score with her, she died on the spot.
Quote by Cathbard
You need to have it open in front of you and even then diagnostics are a pita compared to a tube amp.

Taking it into the local guitar shop today. If I come to an answer I will post it here for future use, and incase Ian_the_fox ever finds another woman.