Got 2 short questions here:

1) Just more of a "making sure I'm doing it right" kind of thing. The way I pull off is to "pull-down" more than 'off' (although obviously trying to keep finger movements small), as though I'm picking the string with my left hand. Is this how you're supposed to do it?

2) When I do pull-offs, no matter how slow I go I still get a bit of movement on my fingers. Is this something that will slowly decrease with time given proper practice, or is it something to do with my technique?
1 - Yes.

2 - Do you mean the fingers that aren't pulling off?
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
sorry, wrote that wrong (in a hurry before the microwave went off...)

i meant hammer-on instead of pulloff in that context, whenever I hammer-on there is a bit of movement from the finger(s) either side (2nd 3rd 4th fingers)
Quote by fwatt
sorry, wrote that wrong (in a hurry before the microwave went off...)

i meant hammer-on instead of pulloff in that context, whenever I hammer-on there is a bit of movement from the finger(s) either side (2nd 3rd 4th fingers)

It's pretty normal and takes a long time to get rid of, if you keep up the relaxed practice you'll minimise it and soon enough it won't matter. The key really is that you remain as relaxed as possible during practice.
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.