Have a ESP Eclipse II and one of the inlays are kinda sticking out on one side. Not falling out but I want to know what kind of glue should be used to re-glue the inlay back in? superglue alright to use?

Next question. I want to replace the bridge and tail piece (finish is a bit worn) what options are out there besides the gotoh. and where is a good place to order from?

Last question. Is the tail piece or stop piece, supposed to be all the way down? the strings on my guitar touch the back of the bridge and the tail piece is all the way down can I raise it to get the strings off the back of the bridge?
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Feb 6, 2012,
A picture is worth a thousand words.

I can't visualize what you're talking about in either case. Pics would really help.
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Superglue works great for all kind of fretboard repairs, this included.
Tonepros make great standard and wrap around replacements. I order from warmoth.
You can raise your tailpeice a bit but it will lower tension and kill a wee bit of sustain. Doing the wraparound thing should clear the ass end of the bridge as well.
Quote by StonedColdCrazy
Superglue works great for all kind of fretboard repairs, this included.
Tonepros make great standard and wrap around replacements. I order from warmoth.
You can raise your tailpeice a bit but it will lower tension and kill a wee bit of sustain. Doing the wraparound thing should clear the ass end of the bridge as well.

Sweet, gonna look into the tonepros, I don't want to loose sustain. will the wrap around carry good sustain?

Will post pics here shortly
here is the pics on the 1st pic the inlay on the fret board its hard to tell but it is sticking out on the bottom of the inlay the top is still seated all the way

Supposedly the tonepros have wicked sustain and will improve tuning stabilty greatly. They say that about the wrap and thru styles though....
I bought a set for my LP, but it was thru style, and didnt keep it long enough to notice any difference in sustain. It did hold tune a bit better, only had to tune once a day, not 2-3.
you know i really like the way that looks, most guitars I see with gold hardware are really gaudy but it ties in well. on a somewhat more related note it looks like the finish on those screws is wearing.
The inlay: you should be able to just push it back down and it should be a tight enough fit to stay there. Though the fact it's pooped at all is quite worrying, that suggest the fretboard has shifted, probably contracted then expanded in a short space of time. My guess is cold weather followed by being placed next to a significant heat source for a while, or cold weather followed by over-conditioning. In either event I suggest you re-think how you take care of your guitar. For now, just pushing the inlay back down should suffice.

The bridge: it's meant to be like that. The futher down it is the better break angle you get over the saddles. If you topwrap the bar or raise the bar you'll get slightly less tension when bending (good), you'll lose a little sustain (bad) and you may run into tuning problms, especially on the 3rd string. It's generally not a good idea to raise the bar or top wrap unless you know you really like the feel of the softer bending and you don't mind taking the hit to your tone/sustain/tuning.
There are lots of bridges you can buy that will be a perfect replacement for that one. So long as you buy 'import' (metric) measurement pieces, you're fine. But there's no point replacing it unless something is actually broken. All gold hardware will tarnish, other than some really high-end and expensive gear (which won't fit that guitar). You're not goign to get a metric-fit gold bridge that isn't going to tarnish and rub down. So have a think about whether you really want to spend the money on something that will end up looking the same in two months' time.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Quote by MrFlibble
The inlay: you should be able to just push it back down and it should be a tight enough fit to stay there. Though the fact it's pooped at all is quite worrying, that suggest the fretboard has shifted, probably contracted then expanded in a short space of time. My guess is cold weather followed by being placed next to a significant heat source for a while, or cold weather followed by over-conditioning. In either event I suggest you re-think how you take care of your guitar. For now, just pushing the inlay back down should suffice.

The bridge: it's meant to be like that. The futher down it is the better break angle you get over the saddles. If you topwrap the bar or raise the bar you'll get slightly less tension when bending (good), you'll lose a little sustain (bad) and you may run into tuning problms, especially on the 3rd string. It's generally not a good idea to raise the bar or top wrap unless you know you really like the feel of the softer bending and you don't mind taking the hit to your tone/sustain/tuning.
There are lots of bridges you can buy that will be a perfect replacement for that one. So long as you buy 'import' (metric) measurement pieces, you're fine. But there's no point replacing it unless something is actually broken. All gold hardware will tarnish, other than some really high-end and expensive gear (which won't fit that guitar). You're not goign to get a metric-fit gold bridge that isn't going to tarnish and rub down. So have a think about whether you really want to spend the money on something that will end up looking the same in two months' time.

I just got the guitar this past friday, it was used found it on craigslist in Florida, I live in TX. It was shipped 2 day, packaged well. I Take very good care of my guitars, I am thinking the dramatic change in humidity from FL to TX might of caused this. as well as I just had the guitar set up properly, from truss adjustment to conditioning the fretboard. I tried just pushing it back in but it would not stay, thinking about pulling it all the way out and adding a few drops of superglue and setting it back in and using a capo (or however you spell that lol) to hold it down untill the glue sets

As to the hardware, The previous owner seriously played it alot as you can tell from the wear on the finish. I am not at all worried about finish but this guitar Is a Japan eclipse Not a LTD so she is worth putting money into, I was thinking of trying to find a bridge that had reliefs after the saddles to help give that extra clearance. I think I saw some from tone pros.
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Viban
you know i really like the way that looks, most guitars I see with gold hardware are really gaudy but it ties in well. on a somewhat more related note it looks like the finish on those screws is wearing.

Yes the finish is wearing on the bridge there. Previous owner (just bought it think it was feb 1st or 2nd i bought it from a guy in florida) Not to concerned about the wearing on the finish.

And thanks!! I like the way it looks, wasn't my first choice in color. I originally wanted the black cherry finish but for the price I got this guitar at I couldn't resist. It was taken care of well just the transport from FL to TX weather changes I think caused the inlay to start popping out. I knew it wasn't a perfect guitar but its an eclipse II Japan model so it is worth every penny for repairing. I love the feel of the neck on this guitar, it plays like butter.
Last edited by ussoldier1984 at Feb 7, 2012,