All I'm supossed to work on is technique, and beginners music theory (Not reading music, which I can do) but it's getting really boring. I'm not working on anything fun really. I pretty much haven't practiced for like a month. Any help?
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
... do something you consider fun? Write some music? Try getting some silly sounds of the instrument?

Why the hell have you placed these restrictions on yourself? No one's going to shoot you if you don't do things other than practice with the thing...
R.I.P. My Signature. Lost to us in the great Signature Massacre of 2014.

Quote by Master Foo
“A man who mistakes secrets for knowledge is like a man who, seeking light, hugs a candle so closely that he smothers it and burns his hand.”

Album.
Legion.
Invent melodies or little things that will make what you need to practice fun, so that you won't get bored with the technique; or you can try to incorporate the technique you are practicing into your own solos by improvising over backing tracks (or with someone else playing another instrument as a rhythm for you).

That helped me out a lot when I used to get bored when playing; now every time I pick up the guitar, it's always fun and new.
BEST GEAR IN THE WORLD

PRS Santana SE II with Dimarzio DP100 bridge P/up
BOSS ME-50
Fender Frontman 65r
Line 6 Pocket POD
Dunlop Jazz III picks
Quote by maxmetalero
Invent melodies or little things that will make what you need to practice fun, so that you won't get bored with the technique; or you can try to incorporate the technique you are practicing into your own solos by improvising over backing tracks (or with someone else playing another instrument as a rhythm for you).

That helped me out a lot when I used to get bored when playing; now every time I pick up the guitar, it's always fun and new.

I'll have to try this It sucks though, I pretty much don't know anyone who play guitar, except for adults
PRS SE Custom 24 w/ Seymour Duncan JB and Jazz Pickups
Squire Classic Vibe Stratocaster

Digitech Bad Monkey

Pignose 7100 Legendary Amplifyer
Quote by Dr Sixstring
I'll have to try this It sucks though, I pretty much don't know anyone who play guitar, except for adults

Then find backing tracks, Youtube is full of them in different keys and rhythms; or if you have a looper you can loop yourself playing a rhythm and solo over that.
BEST GEAR IN THE WORLD

PRS Santana SE II with Dimarzio DP100 bridge P/up
BOSS ME-50
Fender Frontman 65r
Line 6 Pocket POD
Dunlop Jazz III picks
Try different tunings. Experiment with different genres and such, the possibilities are virtually endless.
PRS SE Custom 22
Peavey Vypyr 30

"When you look into the eyes of a man grown old,
wonder about the secrets gone untold.

When you look into the eyes of a young child,
marvel at the innocence running wild."
Figure out more ways to practice that are fun. For example - I do all my metal rhythm practice to songs by Fear Factory and the like. I use amazing slow downer to shift the tempo a little if I need it slower or want it faster. Lots more fun than metronome grinding.
Start writing your own songs and playing around with melodies. Try taking other people's songs and making them into your own style, the possibilities are endless...
practice usually isn't fun. set up a reward system. if you can play something at x bpm then have a victory sandwich or something.

or like these people have said, you could not do practice and do something more interesting. but for the most part, purely technical practice means sitting there being depressed and lonely and doing drills. for an extended period of time! but its something we all must endure if we want results.

have fun!
There's no rule book. I simply learned to play simple pop-punk songs by bands like Green Day for the first year of my playing, then began writing music, and now years later, I'd say I'm a good guitarist. Just MAKE it fun for youself, nobody says you gotta read tons and tons of books on theory and learn gazillions of scales. Make it fun for yourself and you'll look forward to practicing.