Hello all,

I've had an urge lately to mess around with that stereotypical "80s Hair Metal" tone. I've got a Line6 POD HD, and was hoping someone might have some tips on dialing in that sound proper*(or as close as possible). If it matters much I'm using a Schecter Damien Elite w/an active EMG 81/85 set.

*i.e. - what amp/cab models, which types of effects, EQing, Compression, etc.

An example of the type of sound I'm talking about is in this video, about ~0:30 seconds in. ------>Cherry Pie - Warrant
I dont know to be honest.

My POD suddenly sounds ****ing awful and I cant get anything decent from it.

1977 Burny FLG70
2004 EBMM JP6
2016 SE Holcolmb
Line6 has the customtone section on the website. There are 2457 tones available just for the POD HD500.

I quickly searched for you on the site, nothing specific for Warrant but there were a few modeled after CC Deville and general Hair Metal (80"s).

If you haven't already I'd head over there search for the band, artist, song or type (80's Hair Metal) of patch/sound you are looking for. Download a few, then open the patch in your POD Edit software where you will see the amps/cabs/mics/settings/stomps, etc and you can then edit it custom or use them as a general idea of how that type of sound was dialed in the more common rigs (Marshalls, tube screamers, etc).

Hope this helps.
Jackson: DKMG w/Zakk Wylde EMGs
Fender: Fat Strat HSS
Epiphone: Les Paul Custom w/SD Pickups
Dean: Performer E Acoustic/Electric
Vox: DA5
Vox JamVox
Digitech: GNX4 Workstation
Digitech: EX-7 Distortion Factory
Boss DR-880
MAudio Bx5a Deluxe
Quote by Dazzl1113
Line6 has the customtone section on the website. There are 2457 tones available just for the POD HD500.

I quickly searched for you on the site, nothing specific for Warrant but there were a few modeled after CC Deville and general Hair Metal (80"s).

If you haven't already I'd head over there search for the band, artist, song or type (80's Hair Metal) of patch/sound you are looking for. Download a few, then open the patch in your POD Edit software where you will see the amps/cabs/mics/settings/stomps, etc and you can then edit it custom or use them as a general idea of how that type of sound was dialed in the more common rigs (Marshalls, tube screamers, etc).

Hope this helps.

Thanks but the HD500 patches don't work on the HD "Desktop" which is what I have. There are only 80~ patches for the desktop POD and there is one called "Huge Hair" but it doesn't really get very close to the sound I'm looking for.
i always hear JCM800s in hair metal, maybe some tube screamer magic on top of it, not a lot though. I still have a POD X3 Live and i use the JCM800 with the highest EQ freq rolled off on the EQ, gain about half and sometimes the Screamer stomp ontop of it with it set as a boost not to add alot of extra gain etc.
Post in the DSP thread. This is basically a setting question thread - which is against the rules.

Most hair bands used a Marshall JCM 800/Plexi or a Soldano SLO if that helps.

Quote by Tom 1.0
I dont know to be honest.

My POD suddenly sounds ****ing awful and I cant get anything decent from it.

I thought you loved your Pod
Quote by 311ZOSOVHJH
Post in the DSP thread. This is basically a setting question thread - which is against the rules.

Thanks, sorry about that. I was kinda conflicted about where I should post this. Rather than just having some numbers thrown at me in the DSP thread, I was really hoping for more of a crash course of sorts regarding different UG members' methods for approaching certain sounds with this particular piece of gear. New to the whole modeling thing.

Sorry again though. Mea Culpa.