Camping is freaking awesome. I only get to go once a year or so, but I'm saving up to buy a nice tent of my own and then I'm gonna go allllllllllllll the time since there's some awesome places in the mountains only about an hour's drive away.

In my opinion, being constantly outside in the fresh air for several days at a time is one of the most refreshing things ever. Also, nature is awesome and so is hiking.

Anybody else really like camping or just being outdoors in general? How often do you guys go camping?
Today I feel electric grey
I hope tomorrow, neon black
Pretty often, but really, how neat is that?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Not as often as I'd like. I don't think I'll be able to get out as much this year either.

Me and my bros enjoy it though. Some of my best times with them are while camping.
Quote by jetfuel495
It's a legitimate strategy.

I used to do it a lot.

MORE ON TOPIC:

I love going camping. I don't do it nearly often enough anymore.
It's not "freaking awesome." The best parts about camping are more conveniently and enjoyably done without the actual camping part (besides the whole nature thing I guess).
Quote by Most_Triumphant
Pretty often, but really, how neat is that?

Not too often do you find so much neatness in one place as you do while camping.
Quote by due 07
It's not "freaking awesome." The best parts about camping are more conveniently and enjoyably done without the actual camping part (besides the whole nature thing I guess).

I have never disagreed with a post on UG more.

You should feel bad Due.
I go camping at music festivals, thats about it really
WARUM TUT ES WEH, WENN ICH PINKLE?!
Quote by goest
I'm going to take this opportunity to initiate my campaign to replace the phrase "Taking a shit" with "Busting a grumpy."

Quote by Axelfox
Disregard that,i suck cocks.
Car camping or backpacking? I love backpacking. Car camping is arguably a jillion times more comfortable because you can bring guitars and booze and everything else you want. Backpacking is the superior option because you're living under nature's roof.

Quote by denizenz
I'll logic you right in the thyroid.

Art & Lutherie
Used to go a couple of times a year. Haven't been for a while though. Where I live there's literally no shortage of places to put a tent so it's pretty awesome.
There are actually few things in this world I hate more than camping. I get the whole "challenge" thing but I don't see how it could outweigh the horrors.
My dad always used to make us go when I was a kid. It was always grim.
- You're sleeping on the ground, which is unlikely to be very comfy unless you've found a patch of ground made of cushions and marshmallows
- You may or may not be surrounded by a menagerie of horrible insects biting you to death
- You're very limited on what you can cook
- If you're on a campsite, the toilets are disgusting. If you're not on a campsite, there are no toilets, which is disgusting
- Weather
- Putting up your average tent is more difficult than building a house
- Last but not least, you probably can't get an internet connection so no pit
Last edited by captainsnazz at Feb 6, 2012,
It's cold & raining every other day where I live, so I'd much rather stay inside in a warm comfortable bed... But in nice weather conditions, camping can be pretty sweet!
Camping sucks lol I've camped for almost 4 months straight this summer doing forestry work in remote location.
Quote by devourke
I have never disagreed with a post on UG more.

You should feel bad Due.

You should suck my dick Devourke.
Quote by Ganoosh
Not too often do you find so much neatness in one place as you do while camping.

Yep, nature can be a real Butte.
Quote by jimmy hendrix 2
Don't argue with my new deity.
Quote by jetfuel495
It's a legitimate strategy.

Yes, but annoying.

But you'd better not be spawncamping, TS.
Quote by captainsnazz
There are actually few things in this world I hate more than camping. I get the whole "challenge" thing but I don't see how it could outweigh the horrors.
- You're sleeping on the ground, which is unlikely to be very comfy unless you've found a patch of ground made of cushions and marshmallows
- You may or may not be surrounded by a menagerie of horrible insects biting you to death
- If you're on a campsite, the toilets are disgusting. If you're not on a campsite, there are no toilets, which is disgusting
- Weather

You really hurt camping, how would you feel if camping made fun of you?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
Quote by captainsnazz
- Weather

Common boy, man up a little!

I usually go on canoe camping 23 days strait every summer. The most epic stuff I have ever lived and seen is doing that. Nature is awesome and your always happy. Not like the depressive city.
Quote by captainsnazz
My dad always used to make us go when I was a kid. It was always grim. Let's look at the facts:
I've slept on much worse places than grass before. As long as it's not below 0C I can sleep fine.
- You may or may not be surrounded by a menagerie of horrible insects biting you to death.
Bug spray + long sleeves.
If I was given access to a 5 star restaurant's kitchen and all the food in the world I'd still end up making scrambled eggs. I can't cook for shit.
Embrace the squat.

- Weather
Forecasts.

Only if you have parkinsons and are blind and paralyzed from the neck down.

The Pit sucks anyway

Two of my friends had the same opinion of camping as you and then I forced them to go camping out in the wilderness with me and they loved it. Most of the time it's not where you go camping, but who you go camping with.

EDIT:
Quote by due 07
You should suck my dick Devourke.

If I went camping I'd totally turn gay enough to do that.
Last edited by devourke at Feb 6, 2012,
Camping is really neat!

Devourke is supremely correct. It's really about who you're with. If you're with some good buddies or a prospective female counterpart, it really makes a difference on the whole spontaneity and mood of the trip.

It's hard to prioritize the beauty of nature and primitivism over sleeping on hard ground , putting up a tent, eating cheap weenies, and twiddling your thumbs when you're sober with your dysfunctional nuclear family.

Putting up a tent drunk with your best buds, carrying a pretty gal down to the riverside in the crispness of the morning, drinking cold brew and smoking a cigarette by the fireside having a great conversation, waking up and seeing raindrops slide off the roof of your tent...there's the beauty of camping.
Quote by ultimatedaver
We're just trying to help man, cause it doesn't seem like you can get any pizza.
Quote by Highway60Bob

Putting up a tent drunk with your best buds, carrying a pretty gal down to the riverside in the crispness of the morning, drinking cold brew and smoking a cigarette by the fireside having a great conversation, waking up and seeing raindrops slide off the roof of your tent...there's the beauty of camping.

So beautiful...

I live in a valley and on one side of the valley there's a massive hill with a trig point on top. Me and my mates hiked up it set up our shit and whatever and then just chilled and shit. Me and my best mate ended up going to the trig point while the other two were getting high and just looking at the city and talking until like 7am in the morning. Full Moon + Surrounded by nature + Still being able to see all the lights from the city + Being with you rest bro = Marvellous.
Quote by captainsnazz
- Weather

You've clearly never been camping and properly prepared then. Also, campfire hotdogs are the shit.
i like camping as long as the weather/amount of bugs are just right.

reminds me, i gotta get my tent back from my friend's house.
What's the current like on that big ass river Daytripper? Next time I go camping I want to go rafting as well.