I really don't like the floating bridge on my guitar, I change tunings way too often to deal with it. I'm planning on selling it and buying a different one. I would like one without the floating bridge, and with passive pickups (I don't like the tone of actives). My budget would be around $300-400, but a little more would be okay if it was worth it. I mostly play metalcore and other metal, so I don't want your standard Fender Stratocaster. So what would be a good guitar without a floating bridge or active pickups?

Bonus points for an extreme shape (Flying V, Razorback, etc), but not too important.

Used guitars are fine.
Do you have a shape preference, or a tone wood preference?
Spin 'round carousel when your horse isn't screwed in.

My band:
Fractured Instinct
(For fans of Death/Groove/Prog Metal)

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Epi Flying V?
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
I don't really have a strong shape preference, just something like a Flying V or Explorer would be nice. I guess out of the guitars I've played, most of the ones I liked were alder or basswood.
Last edited by Guitarhead37 at Feb 6, 2012,
Hm. Extreme shapes don't tend to be alder.

The other important question: where are you located? Markets, prices and availability fluctuate around the world. A good deal in one country is absolutely not worth it in another.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
Quote by Offworld92
Hm. Extreme shapes don't tend to be alder.

The other important question: where are you located? Markets, prices and availability fluctuate around the world. A good deal in one country is absolutely not worth it in another.

I'm in the United States (Michigan specifically)
Look for Epiphones. Maybe a cheap B.C. Rich? I personally think B.C.'s are shit unless you shell out for them but I've had people try to argue with that.
PSN - Boosted928
If you don't mind superstrats, I highly consider looking around used for a Jackson DK2T.

My band:
Fractured Instinct

Ibanez RGA42E
Ibanez S420
LTD H-301
Ibanez RG520
Peavey Predator USA
Douglas Grendel 725
Line 6 Pod HD500X
mockingbird special or special x. although its a solid mahogany guitar.
Epiphone explorer
Epiphone Firebird
Epiphone Flying V
LTD Phoenix 200
LTD EX
Dean ML
Dean Dave Mustaine V
Washburn DIME
Washburn Scott Ian Wepon
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)