New to the forum...My son and I just started taking uitar lessons, he is learning classical/acoustic guitar, and I am learning with an electric guitar. The electric guitar is for him, but I told him that when he plays well the acoustic guitar he will have the electric guitar.

Anyways, the electric guitar was a gift from a friend whose son used it a few time then quit, and it has been stored for some years. I believe it is a Fender Stratocaster knockoff, but not sure. I will post pics soon, but here is the descriptiion:

Body: Fender Stratocaster Style, Wood Body, Black with White
Neck: Natural wood with a darker overlay

Here is where the problem lies. The metal backplate has no markings. The head at the top is not rounded as the Fender, though curved it has a flat area on the very top. Controls and everything else is Fender Stratocaster equal. It does not have the brand, as the brand sticker was peeled by the previous owner. It has a date code, 0701, and has S/N N0700145639. Maybe it is a genuine Fender Stratocaster, maybe Mexican mfg., but who knows.

If anyone knows what brand model it is, let me know.
Why would you put a limitation on your son's interest? If he's interested in acoustic, let him play acoustic. If he's interested in electric, let him play electric?

Nothing like wanting to play baseball and having your old man make you play soccer...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Quote by richardlpalmer
Why would you put a limitation on your son's interest? If he's interested in acoustic, let him play acoustic. If he's interested in electric, let him play electric?

Nothing like wanting to play baseball and having your old man make you play soccer...

9 yrs old with way too many toys, from Optimist sailboat to every electronic game platform known to mankind. Today he wants tennis lessons, then he forgets about those and changes to basketball team, then he changes to guitar lessons, etc. I was like that, and it took me yrs. to find what I really liked: Sailing, road racing cars, music, and wrestling. Once he proves this isn't another fad, then he gets the electric guitar, and after that if he wants a genuine Gibson Les Paul, I will buy it for him. But, let him work a little for the electric guitar. After all he is my son.
Quote by Wisthekiller
Not a Strat, but not a fake. Just a knock-off.

That much I gathered from the head shape and the metal plate on the back not having any markings. Now the question is which one?
Quote by Green_Ghoul
looks kinda like a peavey

That's what I was thinking, as they are a popular beginners basic brand in this neck of the woods, so is Behringer.
Quote by Viban
could be an aftermarket neck though^

Guitar has never been altered, modded, or repaired. My friend's son bought new some yrs ago at a music store that is no longer open for around $170.00. I'm sure the answer lies on that darn flat top head.
Quote by pr audio
That much I gathered from the head shape and the metal plate on the back not having any markings. Now the question is which one?

Doesn't matter really. There are many knock-offs for strats and les pauls.

And if your son constantly changes his mind about his interests, it's a good idea to work him up to an electric. In most cases I'd recommend that he should start with electric if he wants but I guess you're doing what's best.
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Bingo!!! I answered it myself, and just noticed it. I mentioned on Post #10 that Behringer is very popular locally, not only their instrument packages for beginners, but their pro and dj sound equipment. Entered their website, and there it was the El Toro Electric Guitar Package. Comes with everything needed to start playing, including a 15W guitar amp, which I also got. From what I've read so far, a good beginner's guitar and amp package. New strings and all set to play.

Thanks Green_Ghoul, if you hadn't mentioned Peavey I wouldn't have thought about Behringer.
Last edited by pr audio at Feb 6, 2012,
Quote by JKHC
Doesn't matter really. There are many knock-offs for strats and les pauls.

And if your son constantly changes his mind about his interests, it's a good idea to work him up to an electric. In most cases I'd recommend that he should start with electric if he wants but I guess you're doing what's best.

JKHC..Thanks, taking bass lessons myself, at the same place and time he takes guitar lessons; different teacher though. I always like the contrabass (upright bass), so I'm starting taking bass guitar, as to keep him motivated, as he progress' then I will continue with upright bass, so he keeps his motivation going.