Poll: How many guitars do you have?
Poll Options
View poll results: How many guitars do you have?
1 guitar
16 5%
2 guitars
48 16%
3 guitars
65 21%
4 guitars
53 17%
5 guitars
33 11%
6 guitars
20 7%
7 guitars
12 4%
8 or more guitars
49 16%
What is a guitar?
1 0%
INB4 We did this already
10 3%
Voters: 307.
Page 1 of 3
Just curious as I am venturing into the "i have too many guitars" grey area. how many guitars do you have? Currently i have 7 electrics and 1 lonely acoustic. I was thinking about thinning the herd a bit but i don't really want to.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
5 elec. 1 mini-ish acoustic.

As of tommorrow all electrics are Ibanez.
My wee acoustic should be killed with fire, but it was gifted from a dead guy.
Last edited by StonedColdCrazy at Feb 6, 2012,
one electric, one acoustic and one classical. this thread makes me feel poor.
4 (working) electrics, 2 I'm currently working on, one I am going to build soon and an old 12 string acoustic.
Epiphone Les Paul Standard Plus
Jackson King V
Jackson Kelly
Handmade Gibson Les Paul
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100/JCM900 1960 Lead cab
Five electrics, one acoustic, a classical, and a bass. It's a good life.
Musical things I do
http://www.youtube.com/user/CGuitar2112

GEAR
Ibanez RG 7421
Ibanez S470DXQM - Viking Red
Agile Intrepid Pro Dual 828 RN
Greg Bennet Custom
Peavey Raptor I
Atomic Reactor 112 Amp
Line 6 POD HD w/ MkII Express
We did this already!!!!!!
Quote by FEngHLyan

She will join the prom.

She insists to wear this lights.

I don't think so.

How can I persuade her?
Between my dad and I, 1 12 string electric, 1 12 string acoustic, 7 6 string electrics, 2 6 string acoustics, and 1 bass.
Quote by JD Close
Piano dick had some good parts, but should have said "As the business man slowly gets boned", would have accented the whole dick feeling of the album
One guitar for leads (ESP HORIZON FR-II) One for Rhythm (ESP FX) One for absolute Versatility (PRS CUSTOM 24)
???
Interesting that you stopped at 8 (probably because you have 8). Most of the people I know that would consider they have "a lot" of guitars would probably be in the 30-50 range. And those with a "problem" are in the 100+ range...
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
Two six-string electrics, two acoustics, one seven-string
Ibanez RGD2127Z w/ BKP Aftermaths
Seagull Entourage Rustic
Peavey 6505 212
Dunlop ZW-45 Crybaby
I have four. Two electrics, a Fender Stratocaster and a Fender Jaguar Blacktop, one acoustic Ibanez, and a classical Cordoba.
Quote by richardlpalmer
Interesting that you stopped at 8 (probably because you have 8). Most of the people I know that would consider they have "a lot" of guitars would probably be in the 30-50 range. And those with a "problem" are in the 100+ range...

I wanted to have the standard smart arse poll option and then added the "INB4" because apparently everything has been "done before" here. I was going to make ranges but i felt that made the answers a bit more generic. that is why it stops at 8+
I agree, many guitar players do hit the 20+ range quickly as they progress but i didn't think there were too many on this board in that category.
Quote by BlackVoid
Every guitar and bass forum I've visited has some people chasing some magical tone that will shoot jizzing unicorns riding on a rainbow out of their amp.
Last edited by zenbone at Feb 6, 2012,
Quote by richardlpalmer

Problem? Lot of money, I say.

1 ''working'' electric (Crappy set up'd) 1 acoustic and I'm currently working on an electric. (Link in sig!)
My current collection is 10 electric guitar not including basses and acoustics.
Last edited by SCAR-L at Feb 6, 2012,
Five electric, one acoustic.
One of the electric is tuned to Eb with Floyd. Two other ones are standard tuning with Floyd but with different tone (one with hot pickups, one with passive pickups) One is hard tail at standard tuning.
My new one, which is the Wolfgang Special, has a D-Tuna.
Trying to cover all the bases
michael kelly jz pheonix
stratocopy.
les paul copy
Takamine D series
Ibanez AE.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
ITT we post what's in our signatures. 4 Total. One acoustic, three electrics: my beginner ibanez, my lovely PRS and my 7 string musicman.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
somewhere between 18 and 23. off the top of my head. i know i have five classicals, zero acoustics, probably 15-16 electrics, although i don't want to unpack my closet.

at one time i did calculate at my peak and it was in the deep into the thirties. a lot of them were cheaper models though.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 6, 2012,
I have three electrics and one acoustic. I have a jazzmaster copy that I need to get around to fixing up eventually, but I can't do it until I can afford a trem. Once I fix that up I'll have 4 electrics. I think I'm fine with the number of guitars though.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
2 electrics 1 electric/accoustic 1 nylon classical in need of a new tuning peg
Quote by trashedlostfdup
somewhere between 18 and 23. off the top of my head. i know i have five classicals, zero acoustics, probably 15-16 electrics, although i don't want to unpack my closet.

at one time i did calculate at my peak and it was in the deep into the thirties. a lot of them were cheaper models though.

Jesus Christ man! Are you a collector? That's impressive.
7 STRING LEGION

Damned Icon - Invictus

Quote by SYLrules88
im not very good with that harmonic thing. i get them to match perfectly then i play a chord and it sounds like hellen keller singing

Music Man
PRS
Mesa Boogie
Quote by Nico the Great
Jesus Christ man! Are you a collector? That's impressive.

collector in terms of buying cheap, selling higher, and holding onto the guitars i like more. i won't buy without at least an easy 30% profit for a quick turn (the same day to maybe four weeks). its not abnormal to do four or five deals a week sometimes, sometimes a little more sparse.

last year i had easily doubled my value in gear through the above mentality.

the only thing i actually do correct are the Yamaha Classicals made in the Nippon Gakki factory '50's and '60's
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
I have 10 guitars with me in this room right now. I'm not entirely sure how many I have in other rooms. I think it's about 7, at the moment.

I still need:
- another Tele
- a Thinline Tele
- a particular SG
- a Rickenbacker 330
- something with a 1-piece rosewood neck
- something in 27" scale
- something in 24" scale
- something in 25" scale
- something with a laminate maple neck-through neck
- another 7-string
- something with single-blade single coils

That's for now. I'm sure I'll think of more in an hour. Of course some of those things can be combined, but I'm still looking at getting another 5-6 guitars this year.

There is no such thing as an unnecessary guitar.
Yes, I know everything. No, I can't play worth a damn.
A child is trafficked and sold for sex slavery every 30 seconds. Support Love146.
Twelve.

It's not enough.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
Quote by n1ckn1ce
Problem? Lot of money, I say.

1 ''working'' electric (Crappy set up'd) 1 acoustic and I'm currently working on an electric. (Link in sig!)

Agreed. I'm thinking of 4 guys in particular. None of them actually know how many they own -- but we're talking high end (including lots of Private Stock) PRS, custom built Thornes, Suhrs, Fenders, Gibsons, etc. every month.

I've seen one room of cases of one of these friends and counted over 270 stacked -- and that was just one room...

I still say it's a "problem" at some point.
Richard

I tried setting my password to "penis". It said my password wasn't long enough.

PRSi:
*ME Quatro
*CE-22
*SE Soapbar II
H&K TubeMeister
TC Electronic Nova System

PBT Native
A squire bullet, a Ibanez GRX40, but they all pale in comparison to the Peavey Nitro III
Oh, and an acoustic... somewhere around here
"A guitar is your personality expressed through six strings"

"I'm cuddly bitch, deal with it"
I've got 7 that I actually play... I have a few other POS guitars that I have taken busking/houseparties/festivals and a few other POS guitars that I keep to test pickups/finishes/frets etc. on.

I think I shall be selling one of my main players soon though and buying something new in.

For sale: Early 1985 Ibanez AH10 (Allan Holdsworth signature model) PM for details
A few!

1 acoustic
7 electrics of various kinds (3 Superstrats, 1 strat, 1 8-string, 2 LP's)
and 1 more on the way (American Deluxe Tele)
2 electric basses, but one is probably going up for sale as soon as I fix it up a little.
Things with strings:
Ibanez J.Custom, Prestiges, RG8, SR5 bass etc
LP's, Strat, Tele
Noiseboxes:
ENGL Retro Tube 50
5150 III 50W
Orange Terror Bass
About to get a second electric... PRS CE 24 arrives on Fri.

The last few years, I've had a Yamaha Pacifica 112J. Decent enough, but wanted something that felt a bit better and the pickups were mud... plan on putting some irongears in.
Quote by trashedlostfdup

Is this solely referring to your personal collection, or is it including the ones you intend to flip?

3: Fender '69 RI Tele with a 50's Strat neck (half-step down - Weezer), Epi LP Custom (standard - Bieber), Martin DCXE (step down - Elliott Smith). Soon? American Tele.

I was up to 7 in uni: Aforementioned Tele & Martin, Gibson Nighthawk, different Epi LP Custom, Fender Toronado, '84 MIA Strat, & Gibson Blueshawk. Stupid me for selling some of those.
I am a fake mountain.
i have around 30... i think it was 32, and i haven't bought any new guitars since i last counted. pretty soon i'll be counting them and keeping record of what i have, how much it cost (i still have all the receipts!) and the serial number etc. for insurance purposes so i'll know how many i have then... and more frighteningly how much i've money spent on guitars.

i only really use about 6 of them lately. eventually the others will become project guitars, that's the reason i'm holding onto them.. i think. the reason i have so many is because i never sell the old ones when i upgrade
I like analogue Solid State amps that make no effort to be "tube-like", and I'm proud of it...

...A little too proud, to be honest.
Last edited by Blompcube at Feb 7, 2012,
Two. An electric and an accoustic. Pretty much all bases covered really! I would like an electric with single coils as well though and to upgrade my accoustic which would give me a total of three. I think three is enough. There is just no need for having ten guitars, you can only play one at once
I have 8 :

PRS CE22
Sanox LP clone
Epiphone G-400
Squire Tele ProTone
Dean EVO
KLT Tele style (my first guitar build)
Rouge D-100 acoustic
Squire MB-5 bass

I've had quite a few more, but they have been sold for various reasons throughout the years.
2002 PRS CE22
2013 G&L ASAT Deluxe
2009 Epiphone G-400 (SH-4)
Marshall JCM2000 DSL100
Krank 1980 Jr 20watt
Krank Rev 4x12 (eminence V12)
GFS Greenie/Digitech Bad Monkey
Morley Bad Horsie 2
MXR Smart Gate
Between me and me father; 4 or 5 acoustics, 4 electrics, one bass guitar and a keyboard. I'm considering putting strap buttons on the keyboard so it'd count as a guitar.
Quote by Todd Hart
Shooting your friends with a real gun is a definite faux pas.

Quote by mystical_1
Professor Plum in the Studio with a new Amp

Quote by snipelfritz
If only I were the only one at home right now. I don't need my parents asking who Mr. Wiggles is.
^^

Do It.
Quote by element4433
One time I watched a dog lick his own dick for twenty minutes.

Quote by Roc8995
No.

Well, technically it could be done, but only in the same way that you could change a cat into a hamburger. It's an unpleasant process, and nobody is happy with the result.
Page 1 of 3