first off the other day i accidently plugged my BBE Green Screamer into the OCD's power supply, stupidly because it was 18V. ouch. if anybody has ideas to save it, i would be very appreciative.

now the issue tonight the Voodoo Lab proctavia. turn it on once, engages sounding like it should, tun it off no sound, turn it on again pedal shoulds like it should, hit the switch again, FINELY gets normal bypass volume. thoughts? hit the switch with deoxit?
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7
alright "king of the guitar forum"

Quote by trashedlostfdup
nope i am "GOD of the guitar forum" i think that fits me better.

Quote by andersondb7
youre just being a jerk man.

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-07-07 2017-07-07 Update and a Chat On Noise Constraints *** NEW FRIDAY 7/7
2017-04-13 RUN AWAY from COMPUTERS!!! TCE? RANT ALERT!!!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Resentments and Rambling from a Guitar Junkie
---> http://trashedengineering.blogspot.com/
So you are saying that the BBE doesn't turn on anymore with a normal supply/battery?

Is it random that you get sound/don't get sound or is it a pattern?

Just questions to help other readers.
open it up - sounds like a loose connection.
It's an opinion. It's subjective. And I'm right, anyway.
I'm very surprised that 18V would kill a tubescreamer. About the only thing likely to blow would be the op-amp and 18V shouldn't be enough to kill it. There may be a protection resistor in there. Open it up and look for a blown resistor on the power supply side of the board. If it's a sacrificial resistor it will be pretty obvious if it's blown.

As for the proctavia. I don't know how they are built physically. Does it have a linkage system to engage the switch or do you stomp on the switch directly? If it has some sort of lever system that may have gone askew. If it's a normal footswitch just replace the sucka, cleaning is a stopgap measure at best. Just replace it.
Gilchrist custom
Yamaha SBG500
Telecasters
Randall RM100 & RM20
Marshall JTM45 clone
Marshall JCM900 4102 (modded)
Marshall 18W clone
Fender 5F1 Champ clone
Atomic Amplifire
Marshall 1960A
Boss GT-100

Cathbard Amplification
My band
The Proctavia is true bypass...there shouldn't be much in the way other than the switch. Try swapping it out like Cath said.
Gibson Les Paul Studio
Highway One Telecaster
Dean Evo
Mesa F-50
Laney GH50L
Vox AC30 C2
Ampeg V2
pedals
Quote by Sputnik1
So you are saying that the BBE doesn't turn on anymore with a normal supply/battery?

Is it random that you get sound/don't get sound or is it a pattern?

Just questions to help other readers.

just checked with the battery, worked fine. sounded fine. so at least that isn't a total loss. i will check it with the BBE pedal power in a few minutes.

as far as the proctavia, it seems to engage first, disengage with be normal enegage, low volume, engage with it hot. if that makes any sense at all.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
2017-03-02 - Guitar Philosophy 1001- Be Prepared For the Situation (Thursday 2017-03-02)
2017-02-21 How to Hot-Rod the Hell of your Stratocaster for $50! (Tuesday 2017-2-21)
Last edited by trashedlostfdup at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Ippon
Made me laugh, only because it's almost the gear equivalent to duct tape for me.

yea. its saved me a few times.

maybe a more than duct tape.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
Quote by Cathbard
I'm very surprised that 18V would kill a tubescreamer. About the only thing likely to blow would be the op-amp and 18V shouldn't be enough to kill it. There may be a protection resistor in there. Open it up and look for a blown resistor on the power supply side of the board. If it's a sacrificial resistor it will be pretty obvious if it's blown.

As for the proctavia. I don't know how they are built physically. Does it have a linkage system to engage the switch or do you stomp on the switch directly? If it has some sort of lever system that may have gone askew. If it's a normal footswitch just replace the sucka, cleaning is a stopgap measure at best. Just replace it.

as said tube screamer is functional at least with a battery. would the sacrificial resistor to not function with the plug in? or just from power at all? i will take another look, but i certainly didn't see anything obvious on the board.

will open proctavia in a few minutes.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!
well i don't know how or why, but both pedals functioned awesomely. i have no idea. all i did was pull what i cold of the boards and didn't see anything askew didn't see any toasted components or any shorts, and now they are fine.

however this leaves me concerned. if i just happened to move one of the connections when i was combing through, are they likely to do that again?

i need reliability.
WTLT 2014 GG&A

Quote by andersondb7

Quote by trashedlostfdup

Quote by andersondb7

****** NEW NEW NEW!