Lately I've been feeling a little restricted with my range while playing with my band (we tune to Drop G), making melody writing very bland and uninspired.

So help my find my first 7 string guitar UG!

Genre- I play prog-metal/Djent??? - Born of Osiris inspired, but also For The Fallen Dreams-ish. Tone wise I'm after something sounding like Northlane. Their song Exposure is the perfect example of my dream tone.
Location- Sydney, Australia
Budget- $800 from the US, $1000 from Australia. Can't afford to be hit with import taxes buying anything over $1000 from overseas.
Preferences- 26.5/27" Scale Length, No inlays (although I'm not too fussed providing they're not horrendous), Superstrat shape, NO TREMOLO! String through/TOM only!

There are a ton of Schecters available, although I'm not exactly thrilled with my Hellraiser and would rather not go back down that road again...

I've been considering this since the luthier is located really close to where I live, but the lack of decent hardware/pickups is a worry at that price, and the scale length is only 25.5".

I hope I'm not searching for the impossible here. I'll be sure to appreciate all suggestions!
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Ernie is a cool guy, and it's a custom shop. Just email him and tell him you would like a longer scale - it'll cost you though.

Maybe look at the RGD7421? Pretty cool looking axe. Only problem is it's very new so it may be a while before it hits Australia.
Also keep an eye on Melband. Cool stuff pops up there for us Aussies. E.g. check this thread out. Guy is selling a shiny Agile that might be up your ally. Cephues pickups may not be great but the rest should be pretty good for the price.

I'd also suggest ESP LTDs, but I think a lot of their 7 strings are 25.5". Maybe the Stef Carpenter SCs but they might be pricey. SC-207 maybe?

*shrug*

Starting point anyway...
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. █████████▀ . . . . . . . . . . . . ▄▄
.███▌█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█|█▐███▄▄
. ████████▄ . . . . . . . . . . . . . º º º º º º º
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by Mopy
Lately I've been feeling a little restricted with my range while playing with my band (we tune to Drop G), making melody writing very bland and uninspired.

So help my find my first 7 string guitar UG!

Genre- I play prog-metal/Djent??? - Born of Osiris inspired, but also For The Fallen Dreams-ish. Tone wise I'm after something sounding like Northlane. Their song Exposure is the perfect example of my dream tone.
Location- Sydney, Australia
Budget- $800 from the US, $1000 from Australia. Can't afford to be hit with import taxes buying anything over $1000 from overseas.
Preferences- 26.5/27" Scale Length, No inlays (although I'm not too fussed providing they're not horrendous), Superstrat shape, NO TREMOLO! String through/TOM only!

There are a ton of Schecters available, although I'm not exactly thrilled with my Hellraiser and would rather not go back down that road again...

I've been considering this since the luthier is located really close to where I live, but the lack of decent hardware/pickups is a worry at that price, and the scale length is only 25.5".

I hope I'm not searching for the impossible here. I'll be sure to appreciate all suggestions!

Believe me, a 25.5" scale guitar will do fine with the right string gauge. I have a .066" for my low B on my LTD H-1007 (25.5" scale) and that's probably a bit too heavy for B. It works fine down to G#.
Current Gear:
LTD MH-400
PRS SE Custom 24 (Suhr SSH+/SSV)
Ibanez RG3120 Prestige (Dimarzio Titans)
Squier Vintage Modified 70s Jazz V
Audient iD22 interface
Peavey Revalver 4, UAD Friedman BE100/DS40
Adam S3A monitors
Quote by Anonden
You CAN play anything with anything....but some guitars sound right for some things, and not for others. Single coils sound retarded for metal, though those who are apeshit about harpsichord probably beg to differ.
Quote by oneblackened
Believe me, a 25.5" scale guitar will do fine with the right string gauge. I have a .066" for my low B on my LTD H-1007 (25.5" scale) and that's probably a bit too heavy for B. It works fine down to G#.

I'm using a 70 right now for the low G. While recording I'm having massive troubles getting it to intonate perfectly and still would rather a little bit more tension.

Thanks for the other suggestions guys! Will definitely give Ernie an email enquiring about all the changes I'd like made.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
I was totally digging ESP 7's when I was looking for one, the stephen carpenter ones and that custom green shop one you see on the web everywhere. Just because I get enormous sustain and bass out of my six string which is structurally similar to the 7's ESP had. I was checking out the Schecter Damien 7's, the ones with bats on the inlays because I thought that was cool, but you said so inlays. So! I bought an Agile Incerceptor Pro, 27" scale, no inlays on a Ebony fretboard, deep black. Its BEEEEEEEFFFF dude. So heavy. It sounds beautiful clean and ****ing death distorted. It still does not touch my ESP in bass and mid tones, which still makes me wonder about how good their sevens are. That was my 67 cents.
Quote by aViewfromaHole
I was totally digging ESP 7's when I was looking for one, the stephen carpenter ones and that custom green shop one you see on the web everywhere. Just because I get enormous sustain and bass out of my six string which is structurally similar to the 7's ESP had. I was checking out the Schecter Damien 7's, the ones with bats on the inlays because I thought that was cool, but you said so inlays. So! I bought an Agile Incerceptor Pro, 27" scale, no inlays on a Ebony fretboard, deep black. Its BEEEEEEEFFFF dude. So heavy. It sounds beautiful clean and ****ing death distorted. It still does not touch my ESP in bass and mid tones, which still makes me wonder about how good their sevens are. That was my 67 cents.

The only thing that turns me off those is the position of the neck humbucker.
It ruins such a nice guitar for me.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
It's not a neck humbucker, it's a mid humbucker.

Did you check out that Agile on melband?
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by SimplyBen
That's the advantage of being such a distance from Yianni. I can continue to live my life without fear of stumbling upon his dark terror.

Quote by Toppscore
NakedInTheRain aka "Naked with shriveled pencil sized bacon In The Rain"
Quote by VVolverin3
It's not a neck humbucker, it's a mid humbucker.

Did you check out that Agile on melband?

Didn't end up finding the damn ad for the Agile . There was some LTD Kirk sig on there, yet no Agile was shown...
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
^ It's right under the pics of the Kirk sig, s'pretty small note but it's still there.

FS:Agile Septor Pro 727, brand new, played a few times (i'm not as hard core as i thought i was)

http://www.rondomusic.com/septorpro727ebtpurple.html

$700 w hard case!
(i know the new price is cheaper, but shipping and exchange added a couple of hundred, besides at least with mine you can see what you are buying and test it out!)

Also, the RGA7 is a pretty nice guitar, but the pickups are pretty terrible.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
^ It's right under the pics of the Kirk sig, s'pretty small note but it's still there.

Also, the RGA7 is a pretty nice guitar, but the pickups are pretty terrible.

Aha! I see it now. He couldn't have chosen a worse colour for the damn thing! Those ones in white look pimpin'. It's on the list to consider, although I'm a tad hesitant about paying $700 for something I'd be embarrassed to play live.

I would consider the RGA7/RG7321 but it's only 25.5" and the RGD7421 is impossible to track down on ebay/gumtree/anywhere that's Australian.
Something's telling me I may have to settle.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
http://www.etherial.com.au/ this guy is brilliant and is located on the NSW central coast. 7s start at $1300, I know its stretching your budget but they are brilliant and you can customise them a heap of ways without affecting the price.
Quote by Mopy
Aha! I see it now. He couldn't have chosen a worse colour for the damn thing! Those ones in white look pimpin'. It's on the list to consider, although I'm a tad hesitant about paying $700 for something I'd be embarrassed to play live.

No way man, I freakin' love the purple quilt top. Looks AWESOME. The only reason I haven't bought that axe yet is I don't like the bridge. That and I don't have the funds to spare.
. . ▄████▄ . ▄███▄
. . ▀████▀. ▀██▀
Quote by VVolverin3
No way man, I freakin' love the purple quilt top. Looks AWESOME. The only reason I haven't bought that axe yet is I don't like the bridge. That and I don't have the funds to spare.

Different strokes for different folks I guess.
There's this beautiful Agile on Rondo in a natural satin wood finish which would be absolutely perfect for me. 27" and all, except the fact that it has a Floyd Rose...
Looks like I'll be sending Ernie an email. You just lost a valuable customer Agile!!! Haha.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3
Just an update; I sent Ernie an email about the Tomahawk FX7. He can make me a 27" scale, 25 fret model with a hipshot bridge for around the $1100 mark! Will hopefully put my order in, in the upcoming month or two.
ESP Horizon NT-II
Schecter Hellraiser C-1
Peavey 6505
Orange PPC412
Maxon OD808
ISP Decimator G-String
Boss TU3