So seeing as i got a new very brutal amp i'm really wanting to start playing some real heavy tunes because i know can achieve that crazy tone now.
Whilst i have 2 electrics, a floyd rose shecter diamond series tuned in drop D and an ibanez RG tuned to drop B, i still want to get a morpheus drop tune pedal.
The main reason for this is i just prefer my rg so much more for those real thrashy songs but being permanently tuned to drop B or so is a pain in the ass and i play songs in drop A and drop C too.
Has anyone had much experience with the morpheus drop tune? Does it take away from the natural drop tuned sound or will it sound great and will it be worth the money?

Thanks in advance
I can't say I've got experience with this pedal. But in my experience a lot of that growl that you get from drop tunings comes as much, if not more from the looseness of the strings and the heavier gauge that's needed as from the actual pitch.
call me a n00b but wouldn't a digitech whammy do what you need???

i just use mine for a tremolo sort of effect not actual drop tuning per se'
Belief is a beautiful armour but makes for the heaviest sword.
Quote by Dempsey68
call me a n00b but wouldn't a digitech whammy do what you need???

i just use mine for a tremolo sort of effect not actual drop tuning per se'

Kind of, but the Whammy isn't polyphonic like the Morpheus. In simple terms, the Whammy can't handle multiple notes without sounding "glitchy".
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Quote by logicbdj
I have the Whammy DT (which not only drops, but goes up [capo]) and I don't find it sounds glitchy in the least. Of course, I'm talking about using that function on the latest pedal and not the whammy part of it. Here's a detailed review on it:

http://www.musicgearreview.com/article-display/4272.html

Sorry, yes, the new whammy pedal is a totally new ball game. (In all fairness, Digitech is taking on Morpheus with this pedal). When most people say Whammy, they mean the typical IV version.
Telecasters-->Dunlop Volume Pedal-T1M Pearl-AMT Japanese Girl Wah-Line 6 M9-Ibanez DE7-EHX Cathedral-->Mesa Boogie Nomad 4x10 combo
Everything I've heard about the Morpheus has been that tracking is really bad.
To be honest, for the price of the droptune you could buy a cheap ass guitar and let it live in downtune, then tune your Ibby to what ever you want?
LesPaul
Pedals
OrangeRocker30
My band
PBT Native: Resident Graphics Monkey

A tremel-no will let you block/unblock your floating bridge with the turn of a couple screws, letting you block the bridge and change tunings.
^^ Even so, but going from Drop B to say Drop C even you will start fighting intonation. I think the Tremel-No's are great for like standard to drop D or C standard to Drop C etc..

The only great solution i have found is multiple guitars. =)