Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just had to share it. Hana Hwang was a girl with an incredibly rare case of progeria, I haven't really looked up what it is myself but it's something like an infant inihibiting symptoms of very old age. Her hero was Selena Gomez, and Ryan Seacrest arranged for her to make a surprise visit to the girl. This video is the girl thanking Selena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N-5W64CAEEI

Selena Gomez is photographed wearing that bracelet now, and I believe the girl has passed away at only age thirteen. This makes me a sad panda but it also makes me kind of... happy? I don't know, it's a weird feeling.
West Ham United
Last edited by King Donkey at Feb 7, 2012,
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']Jesus fuck, diseases, how do they work?
I don't understand why these sorts of diseases even have to exist.

Here's the photo of the girl and Selena.

West Ham United
Good story, but for some reason, or maybe obvious reasons, I can't watch or look at these types of stories with deformed people. Either I'm a terrible person, or just squeamish.
Quote by chev311e
Good story, but for some reason, or maybe obvious reasons, I can't watch or look at these types of stories with deformed people. Either I'm a terrible person, or just squeamish.

I can understand that, I don't like looking at the photos either, really. It just makes me feel horrible and I think how unfair it is that the girl had go through something like that, and didn't get a shot at life.
West Ham United
Quote by King Donkey
Sorry if this has already been posted, but I just had to share it. Hana Hwang was a girl with an incredibly rare case of progeria, I haven't really looked up what it is myself but it's something like an infant inihibiting symptoms of very old age. Her hero was Selena Gomez, and Ryan Seacrest arranged for her to make a surprise visit to the girl. This video is the girl thanking Selena.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=N-5W64CAEEI

Selena Gomez is photographed wearing that bracelet now, and I believe the girl has passed away at only age thirteen. This makes me a sad panda but it also makes me kind of... happy? I don't know, it's a weird feeling.

God f*cking damn, I could only watch 2 seconds. Sad stuff.
Now I feel like crying. That little girl is so cute.
Yea that's right, I want something to explode

I've been deaf, now I want noise

LOUD LOVE
Quote by King Donkey
I don't understand why these sorts of diseases even have to exist.

i agree.

Explain that one christians!?! with your "Jebus"!?!
Quote by rickyj
i agree.

Explain that one christians!?! with your "Jebus"!?!

Eh, you know what the Christians would say. Jesus can't save everyone apparently.
West Ham United
How bout he saves the people who need it then, and leave the filthy christians to rot? :p
Quote by Demonikk
'Practice amp' = amp you practice with? In my case, Peavey 6505+ and 4x12
I don't do things small

Except children.
^Okay man that's probably enough now, no need to turn it into a religious war.

The real point here is that a great girl died of a terrible disease and she never had a chance to live her life.
West Ham United
That was difficult to watch, honestly. Hearing her voice adds to the "real" factor as well and just makes it that much more sad. On that note, it's nice to see a celebrity do something like that. I hate to turn this into some type of "sympathy for the rich" thing but I can imagine that having a fan in that situation who is that into you can be a lot to handle, many people couldn't just walk up in there and hold a conversation. So major props to Selena!
Quote by AlexChesters
Shame on you for turning this into a religious discussion.

I know I shouldn't have posted that. It's a fair call to say that, where ever she is, it's in a better place where she can live free.
West Ham United
Maybe I'm missing something, but why thank Selena Gomez?

"Oh hey Selena, I'm dying of an incredibly cruel disease, thanks for being so super rich and way better off than I am"
Yeah... not exactly sure what she's done exactly. Makes less sense than that Justin Kid in the 90's wanting to meet KoRn. At least you could understand the emotional connection.
All I want is for everyone to go to hell...
...It's the last place I was seen before I lost myself

Quote by DisarmGoliath
You can be the deputy llamma of the recordings forum!
Quote by shmeegle

"Oh hey Selena, I'm dying of an incredibly cruel disease, thanks for being so super rich and way better off than I am"

You missed the entire point of Selena visiting this girl, retard.

It wasn't to flounce her money and fame, it was to give this little girl a smile.

That's what fucking matters.

Drop the damn hate against people that have money, it's getting ridiculous.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
You're the biggest dick we've had in the Pit for a while.
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Stop talking, you have are the biggest dick the pit has seen in a while.
Quote by shmeegle

She liked Selena Gomez's music, and was thanking her for that. No need to make this hateful. A little girl died if a nasty disease and wanted to thank a favorite musician who, I assume, had made an impact on her life, nothing weird about that.
For Frodo!
Quote by jrcsgtpeppers
No because a world full of marbles silly man is just as real as a half empty glass of microwaved nesquik.
Quote by StillSublime
You missed the entire point of Selena visiting this girl, retard.

It wasn't to flounce her money and fame, it was to give this little girl a smile.

That's what fucking matters.

Drop the damn hate against people that have money, it's getting ridiculous.

Maybe I did miss the point?
If I'm not mistaken I mentioned that already, retard.

I'm actually surprised, but have respect for Selena considering she actually went to visit this girl. I was simply wondering why she was thanking her, as I believe this video was before Selena came to visit.

Read posts you ****.

Quote by robertito696
She liked Selena Gomez's music, and was thanking her for that. No need to make this hateful. A little girl died if a nasty disease and wanted to thank a favorite musician who, I assume, had made an impact on her life, nothing weird about that.

Nor was I being hateful. Just couldn't think of a reason to thank Selena Gomez prior to visiting.
Last edited by shmeegle at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by shmeegle

I'm actually surprised, but have respect for Selena considering she actually went to visit this girl. I was simply wondering why she was thanking her, as I believe this video was before Selena came to visit.

Read posts you ****.

Nor was I being hateful. Just couldn't think of a reason to thank Selena Gomez prior to visiting.

You do realize this video was made after Selena had come by, right? They show the framed picture of the girl and Selena in the youtube video posted by TS.

@the picture

EDIT: I find it cool that she took some time out of her day to visit the little girl though.
You are now using UG Black.
You are now using UG Classic.

Listening to: A bunch of forced listening by my composition teacher... some great stuff by Bach, Haydn, Mozart, Schubert, Liszt...

GTA V! ... the 120th game of the franchise.
Last edited by Wolfinator-x at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by shmeegle

Read posts you ****.

Read Grokal's post and then cry me a river, idiot. Quit covering your ass and admit that you just wanted to comment on her money.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
I didn't know it was an after thing. Didn't watch the whole video. Flicked through, didn't see the picture.

Covering my ass? Why would I bother?

Crying rivers? I'm actually alright for it. Cheers.

PS sublime are shit.
Last edited by shmeegle at Feb 7, 2012,
to Selena Gomez. That was pretty cool of her to do that.
Quote by L2112Lif
I put a ton of my capital into SW Airlines... The next day, THE NEXT DAY these nutters fly into the WTC. What the hell? Apparently no one wanted to fly anymore, and I was like "What gives? God damnit Osama, let me win a fuggin' game!"
Quote by shmeegle
I didn't know it was an after thing. Didn't watch the whole video. Flicked through, didn't see the picture.

Covering my ass? Why would I bother?

Crying rivers? I'm actually alright for it. Cheers.

PS sublime are shit.
Maybe you should make sure your stupid statements are accurate before you go about making stupid statements.

Sublime is shit in your opinion, but you're most likely just trying to annoy me by being a prick.
UG's King Neptune

Quote by AtaBorMan
Quote by SLEESTAK_BRO
Quote by shmeegle

Progeria is a ****ing nasty disease. Selena could've been out drinking, snorting coke, and getting vaginally penetrated by 5 different black guys all at once like most other Disney pop stars (such as the Jonas Brothers) but instead she chose to make a little dying girl smile by visiting her.
Quote by King Donkey
I can understand that, I don't like looking at the photos either, really. It just makes me feel horrible and I think how unfair it is that the girl had go through something like that, and didn't get a shot at life.

I'm glad I'm not the only one. Every time I see a deformed person I get very anxious. Even if it's just people in wheelchairs or missing an arm or something.

I feel like an ass-hole every time too.

That was really cool of Selena Gomez to do too.
___

Quote by The_Blode
she was saying things like... do you want to netflix and chill but just the chill part...too bad she'll never know that I only like the Netflix part...
Last edited by WCPhils at Feb 7, 2012,