Page 1 of 2
Is a HUGE craze here in NZ atm.

(Invalid img)

Does this happen in your country? Scooters everywhere?

inb4 Blake1221 bitching at me / my threads / the fact hes on my ignore list
RIP Tom Searle.
I saw a kid on a scooter and went to the nearest skateshop, got him an optimal pro-model skateboard, came back, warped his scooter on the pavement and handed him the board.

He was so happy.
There was a pretty big craze about 8 years ago in UK :P I remember losing half my fingernail in one.
same in the uk.
I can remember when they first hit the streets over here about 12 years ago i had one
^ Yeah, and me when I lived in England. All those years ago. The silver metal fold up ones

God, I feel old now.
RIP Tom Searle.
good way to keep the kids outdoors.

I saw a bunch of 12 year olds riding around my city last week, poor guys had to start school the next day hahaaa.
yo.

I BELIEVE
I remember falling off one about 7 years ago and snapping my face in half.
🙈 🙉 🙊
They were big in the US almost 10 years ago, I remember begging my mom to get me a RAZR Scooter when I was younger. All the kids in my area had them and we would just ride around town on them. Most kids that I see have those two wheeled skate boards which require the rider to rock left and right to get it moving. I would shit myself if I ever had to be on one of those.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
Quote by m3tal_R3dn3ck
They were big in the US almost 10 years ago, I remember begging my mom to get me a RAZR Scooter when I was younger. All the kids in my area had them and we would just ride around town on them. Most kids that I see have those two wheeled skate boards which require the rider to rock left and right to get it moving. I would shit myself if I ever had to be on one of those.

One cannot ride a cellular phone.
[quote="'-[NiL"]-']One cannot ride a cellular phone.

I hear apple is about to change that with their next iphone.
Quote by celticstorm84
endless supply of cats = endless supply of food.

Quote by Calibos
I've also noticed that as i've got older, I want to be further and further away from the front at a gig. Damn kids with their mushy pits and walls of doom.
The little folding ones were huge in the States a few years back... I think I might still have one in the basement. I also had one of these, which was way cooler:

It's still around here somewhere. I should tinker with it now that I know how to work with engines a bit.
I tried to ride one. It didn't end well :p
G͔͓̅e͎͉̟̽ͬ͐̎̃͐ͨͅå͈͖͕̹̤̟̐̏͋ͅr̩͕̫̰̗s̹̳̼ͥ̒̍̄̅ͥ̚:

ESP Standard Eclipse I CTM VW
ESP LTD Deluxe H-1001
ESP LTD Deluxe Viper-1000 STBC
ESP Edwards E-EX-100STD
Warmoth Paulcaster "Tiger"
Tanglewood TW170 AS
Vox Tonelab ST
Blackstar HT-1R

Yeh they had them about 12 years ago in UK. And I remember there were a lot of news reports about people cutting their fingers off in them! It's completely died out now thought they must have only been popular for 2-3 years.
455 75 34 88

(´・ω・`)

Quote by strait jacket
Do you like being sigged or, like me do you feel strangely violated?
Still do pub crawls on them here in Australia every Halloween.
Quote by Kozlic
Music doesnt need to be quality to be good.

Press eject, give me the tape, if you know what's good for you
Gay
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
They're back in fashion in the Uk now I think, we even have a shop dedicated to just scooter things. Maybe its a big, retro hipster thing?
CYMRU

Quote by apothecarrie
I cut my tongue with a spoon.

Andrew Wk Party Tip 11Be Awesomer!

Woo
is it 2001 again?

I thought only poor kids still got scooters.

I got too tall for those things :/ They were so convenient to go from place to place as a kid
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Funnily enough, I've saw one in the bottom of a river when I was walking my dog earlier this morning.
Infact, I've seen plenty of them in the bottom of rivers over the past few years.
Possibly their popularity is waning slightly?
my son took a dive off of one of those little scooters and the handle bars placed a gash in his face, he had to have it stitched lol...was one of those "wife going into a hysterical panic" moments lol...he took it like a tough boy though and just kinda shrugged it off.

my daughter has one, but has never wiped out on it.
Quote by WaltTheWerewolf
my son took a dive off of one of those little scooters and the handle bars placed a gash in his face, he had to have it stitched lol...was one of those "wife going into a hysterical panic" moments lol...he took it like a tough boy though and just kinda shrugged it off.

my daughter has one, but has never wiped out on it.

my friends little brother died on one

He went out, forgot his helmet, and split his head on the pavement. Just 2 minutes outside. His mom ran out to give his helmet to him, and yeah.....

**** you for reminding me of that :/
>>-(ಠ_ಠ-<<
>>-(. Y .)-<<
>>> . (<<<
>>-( Y )-<<
Quote by dudetheman
Dude, your fucking sig creeps me out.

Quote by Kosh H
I just noticed his sig too...I feel uncomfortable now...

Quote by WantsLesPaul
Your sig killed my boner _

DIY SO-CAL PUNK LABEL
Has anyone noticed that kids who ride scooters are the most obnoxious beings in the universe? They aren't just content with riding these ugly things and cramping their back, but they insist on stopping in the middle of the foot path and flipping it in the air, and spinning it around. Fuck those cunts.
Last edited by reidhasguitar at Feb 7, 2012,
Like others, used to ride them about ten years or so ago. They were such a nightmare for taking the skin of your fingers in the folding bits. Fixies/racing bikes are getting popular over here now what with the whole postmodern/'hipster' phrase, very happy about that.
nah i skate
Quote by kaptkegan
Don't think I've ever been sigged.

I pretty much never leave the drug thread anymore.
Why would any self-respecting person ride one of those on the street?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
I went through a scooter phase with about 10 of my friends in Grade 5, I believe.

Now it's mostly biking or skating for me. I usually like using them for transportation rather than tricks.
Last edited by yoman297 at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by Mad Marius
Why would any self-respecting person ride one of those on the street?

TS live in New Zealand, AKA opposite-land. They think Stephen Hawking is stupid and eating at McDonald's make you thin. Which is why they're stupid and fat.
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
TS live in New Zealand, AKA opposite-land. They think Stephen Hawking is stupid and eating at McDonald's make you thin. Which is why they're stupid and fat.

Oh...

Well, I've also seen that in parts of central and western Europe as well. Grown men and women, sometimes dressed in suits, riding those things on bicycle lanes.
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Scooters are the equivalent of boogie boards to surf boards, they will never have the same credability as bikes or skateboards.
Quote by reidhasguitar
You may have confused normal land with America. The land of the stupid and fat.

Yeah but you're from NZ so you speak opposite-speak.

Quote by Mad Marius
Oh...

Well, I've also seen that in parts of central and western Europe as well. Grown men and women, sometimes dressed in suits, riding those things on bicycle lanes.

These are indeed troubling times.
████████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
Quote by Kensai
Yeah but you're from NZ so you speak opposite-speak.

Yes, you are right, I am speaking opposites, and what I meant in normal tongue is that you are a perfect example of a human being, as are all Americans, who are all active and a healthy weight.
I actually know the guy who runs Razor, so every once in a while I get whatever their latest model of scooter is in the mail with no warning.
Quote by dr_shred
FrustratedRocka you are a legend

Quote by littlephil

The man clearly knows his shit.

Quote by Banjocal

one of the best, educated and logical posts I've ever seen on UG in the Pit. Well done good sir.
Scooters are f*cking ghei.
You want some more seeneyj hate? WELL YOU CAN'T HAVE IT

You're all a bunch of f*cking slaves! - Jim Morrison

UG Awards
1st: Biggest Ego
1st: Most Likely To Become Famous
1st: Most Pretentious User
This is like Y2K all over again.
When some stranger on the internet says it is so, it must be so.
Page 1 of 2