Poll: Is killing animals for meat right?
Poll Options
View poll results: Is killing animals for meat right?
Yes
137 70%
No
37 19%
No opinion
23 12%
Voters: 197.
Page 1 of 10
Why shouldn't it be allowed? I'm not vegetarian, but can see why people choose not to eat meat. As long as they aren't the preachy PETA type of vegos who'll throw a bucket of blood over me for eating a steak, I'm not fussed over it.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by Dory77
Why shouldn't it be allowed? I'm not vegetarian, but can see why people choose not to eat meat. As long as they aren't the preachy PETA type of vegos who'll throw a bucket of blood over me for eating a steak, I'm not fussed over it.

Agreed, to each their own and so forth..
Opinions are opinions, none is more right than an other!
As long as the methods are humane, I've no problem with it.

Whilst ignorance is bliss, I wouldn't be too keen on eating meat from an animal I knew had been slaughtered by being suplex'd to death.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Quote by metacarpi

Whilst ignorance is bliss, I wouldn't be too keen on eating meat from an animal I knew had been slaughtered by being suplex'd to death.

Yeah I agree, humane has to be the main issue, and if it's regulated correctly then it's fine, for me...
Quote by metacarpi

I'd like to add that I'd actually be impressed if there was someone out there who slaughters Cows by suplexing them to death.

I'd imagine that's what Hulk Hogan would do if he were a butcher.
Quote by GLP_Arclite
Pooping is well good though, to be fair.

I've got a handle on the fiction.

I'm losing my grip, 'cos I'm losing my fingers.
Nah, vegetarianism should be outlawed
████████████████████████████
███████████████████████████
█████████████████████████
██████████████████████████
- They have a point but meat is healthy and yummy.
- Don't see why it shouldn't be allowed.
- Opinions

/thread
Quote by WhiskeyFace
Poll question is phrased badly. Killing animals for meat isn't right but it's not wrong either.

Why isn't it right?
It's just a natural instinct to kill to survive.
Also vegetarians eventually turn in to giant pussy's anyway.
I don't like the idea of killing another animal just so I can eat, especially in the modern age where you have other options.

I can't remember the last time I ate meat.
"Should it be allowed?" What kind of stupid question is that? What would it mean if it weren't allowed? The police break your door down and arrest you for not eating meat?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by Mad Marius
"Should it be allowed?" What kind of stupid question is that? What would it mean if it weren't allowed? The police break your door down and arrest you for not eating meat?

Considering many vegetarians claim that it shouldn't be allowed, it can't be that stupid?
Quote by AlexChesters
Considering many vegetarians claim that it shouldn't be allowed, it can't be that stupid?

Quote by AlexChesters

Just because a lot of people claim something that doesn't mean it can't be stupid.
I'm a vegetarian, but that doesn't mean I think it's wrong to kill animals for food. I just think that the way animals are killed for food, in today's industry is inhumanely disgusting at best.
You said you'll never be younger than you are tonight.
Now I've never felt weaker in all of my life.
You said it's only a one off, only a line.
But, now it's a circle all of the time.
Quote by mybanez
It's just a natural instinct to kill to survive.
Also vegetarians eventually turn in to giant pussy's anyway.

lol... do you kill to survive? i wouldn't call going to burger king to shove pounds of bad quality food down my throat "killing to survive"
I agree that animals are killed in horrible ways, there was a big expose' in Australia last year about how animals are treated in Indonesian abottoires, shut down live exports for a while, was some pretty shocking stuff on the news too. That said, I'm still not going to stop eating meat, although I do try to eat vegetarian every so often.
"People like Coldplay and voted for the Nazis; you can't trust people."
Quote by Aliens-exist182
I'm a vegetarian, but that doesn't mean I think it's wrong to kill animals for food. I just think that the way animals are killed for food, in today's industry is inhumanely disgusting at best.

Agreed
Quote by AlexChesters

So many vegetarians claim vegetarianism shouldn't be allowed? The****?
Dear God, do you actually answer prayers?

Yes, but only in a way indistinguishable from random luck or the result of your own efforts.
Quote by DaniArrow
lol... do you kill to survive? i wouldn't call going to burger king to shove pounds of bad quality food down my throat "killing to survive"

Yes but someone kills those animals don't they to help us survive.
Quote by AlexChesters
Agreed, to each their own and so forth..
Opinions are opinions, none is more right than an other!

If I were to state: 'Blacks are more inclined to crime than white people', does this really have any equal standing with any other race-related statements?

It's awfully fashionable to assert that kind of wishy-washy subjectivism where there's controversial conflict, but it doesn't stop there being a fact of the matter.
If I somehow had to survive in the wild, I'd be sneak-attacking goats, not destroying my erudite masculinity chomping on pissy roots and leaves.
Sing me to sleep.
Quote by Dory77
I agree that animals are killed in horrible ways, there was a big expose' in Australia last year about how animals are treated in Indonesian abottoires, shut down live exports for a while, was some pretty shocking stuff on the news too. That said, I'm still not going to stop eating meat, although I do try to eat vegetarian every so often.

You see the point is 1) they way this mass production of meat is being done is not healthy for nobody and 2) people, especially in the US & north america if I may say so, are being raised on fast food and so so. Yes meat is healthy, but 2 times meat per week is actually enough. anything over 3-4 times is unhealthy. Let alone the way most kids out there don't even know what a vegetable is anymore...

I myself have decided that I'm perfectly fine not eating meat. I feel more conscious, less tired and get a lot more vitamins than I did 7 years ago when McDonalds was my lunch at least 3 times a week. Plus, I'm not fat anymore and no one has to die just so I can have a burger. I'm really better off that way But yeah, everyone decides for themselves. I just think the question "should it be forbidden" is a joke at best.
Quote by mybanez
Yes but someone kills those animals don't they to help us survive.

well... you know there's a point to that, but you would definately survive even if no one would kill for you. maybe people would even respect nature and animals the way the deserve it if they had to kill them themselves. like the indians did you know.
Quote by Aliens-exist182

How many vegetables had to die to provide your dinner?

"Reek, reek! It rhymes with meek!"
Vegetarianism is bad and should be illegal, in my opinion anyone caught not eating meat at least once a day should be condemned to life in a filthy dirty Taiwanese jail cell for the rest of their lives and should be forced to feed on rats and mould growing from the walls due to a lack of sunlight. They should also be beaten at least once a week and forced to give sexual favours to the prison guards.
Quote by DaniArrow
well... you know there's a point to that, but you would definately survive even if no one would kill for you. maybe people would even respect nature and animals the way the deserve it if they had to kill them themselves. like the indians did you know.

Yes i would survive but you cant say humans aren't supposed to eat meat (I know you didn't, just making a point). considering its so good for us.
I think a lot of misconceptions is being made by vegetarians concering meat and meat industry. Let's get a few things clear:

• Not all meat eaters eat fast food all the time. Or at all.
  • All the meat that you see isn't being produced the way you see in the PETA shock videos

Those are the two things I see being said all the time. Stop being stupid.
Quote by DaniArrow
You see the point is 1) they way this mass production of meat is being done is not healthy for nobody and 2) people, especially in the US & north america if I may say so, are being raised on fast food and so so. Yes meat is healthy, but 2 times meat per week is actually enough. anything over 3-4 times is unhealthy. Let alone the way most kids out there don't even know what a vegetable is anymore...

I myself have decided that I'm perfectly fine not eating meat. I feel more conscious, less tired and get a lot more vitamins than I did 7 years ago when McDonalds was my lunch at least 3 times a week. Plus, I'm not fat anymore and no one has to die just so I can have a burger. I'm really better off that way But yeah, everyone decides for themselves. I just think the question "should it be forbidden" is a joke at best.

Source on that, please.

Also, there's a big difference between meat you get from the store and meat that goes into fast food. I highly, highly doubt there is anything unhealthy about eating fish, lean poultry or pork more than twice a week.

That being said, I don't buy into the whole "Organic Food" BS that everyone seems to go nuts about, not even with meat. They claim they treat the animals better, but really, who actually KNOWS where their meat is coming from? I've tried pretty much every "organic" brand that they sell over here and I can't taste a single goddamn difference. The only thing they do to justify the higher price is say "well we treat our animals better", something a consumer has no way of actually proving to be true or false.

So that being said, yeah I think the way the animals are treated in some of these mass-livestock farms is pretty bad, and I really wish people would stop eating so much low-quality fast food, because that's where a huge portion of this meat is going to, after being treated with chemicals to shit and back. The only kind of fast food I eat these days are Döner Kebaps, because they're made with either lamb or chicken. Lambs aren't kept in the same ridiculous masses as cows or pigs, and honestly who gives two shits about chickens.
i know a guy with vegetarianism... i hope they find a cure soon, his manliness is weakening every day
Quote by psyks
You are filthy.
Quote by Kensai
I think a lot of misconceptions is being made by vegetarians concering meat and meat industry. Let's get a few things clear:

• Not all meat eaters eat fast food all the time. Or at all.
  • All the meat that you see isn't being produced the way you see in the PETA shock videos

Those are the two things I see being said all the time. Stop being stupid.

I think most are aware of those two things.

(Edited).

The one that annoys me is 'we're not adapted to eat meat'. This is really stupid for three reasons which come to mind. 1) We clearly are, it's just that we're clearly awfully adapted, relatively speaking, for eating meat. 2) You could justify eating meat by that very same logic, simply because we actually kind of are adapted to eating meat. 3) The argument, by itself, independent of the truth value of the premise it relies on, is shit. We're not adapted to do many things, doesn't mean we shouldn't do them.

For the sake of good argumentation my fellow vegetarians and vegans should get their act together here and there Mostly they're pretty fine, though.
Last edited by Craigo at Feb 7, 2012,
Quote by CoreysMonster
That being said, I don't buy into the whole "Organic Food" BS that everyone seems to go nuts about, not even with meat. They claim they treat the animals better, but really, who actually KNOWS where their meat is coming from? I've tried pretty much every "organic" brand that they sell over here and I can't taste a single goddamn difference. The only thing they do to justify the higher price is say "well we treat our animals better", something a consumer has no way of actually proving to be true or false.

Organic meat says nothing about how the animals are treated overall.
Quote by Craigo

The one that annoys me is 'we're not adapted to eat meat'. This is really stupid for three reasons which come to mind. 1) We clearly are, it's just that we're clearly awfully adapted, relatively speaking, for eating meat. 2) You could justify eating meat by that very same logic, simply because we actually kind of are adapted to eating meat.

I think 'omnivorous' would be a useful term to use here.